Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Here's the Latest in the Audiophile World
    at the Canjam Europe 2016!

REPORT: CANJAM EUROPE 2016
    by Headfonia

Canjam Europe 2016
    It’s the event a lot of European personal audio fans have been looking out for the last few months. Canjam Europe delivered with yet another successful edition, one that went by way too fast. The list with the exhibiting brands again was very long but we managed to get almost everything done over two full days. In total I took about 700 pictures at the show, of which you’ll get to see around 200 in this picture report. Because of the large number of pictures, the report will be split up in three parts and it will be published over the same amount of days.
    Next to that I’ll be naming the Best of Canjam Europe 2016 units for the following categories at the end of the series:

• Best inear monitor
    • Best desktop amplifier
    • Best portable dac/amp combo
    • Best DAP
    • Best Headphone

CLICK the following LINKS for Full Report n Pictures!

PART1
    Report: Canjam Europe / Essen 2016 Part 1 - Headfonia Headphone ReviewsHeadfonia Headphone Reviews

PART 2
    Report: Canjam Europe / Essen 2016 Part 2 - Headfonia Headphone ReviewsHeadfonia Headphone Reviews

PART 3
    Report: Canjam Europe / Essen 2016 Part 3 + Best of show winners - Headfonia Headphone ReviewsHeadfonia Headphone Reviews

Many thanks to Headfonia!

We've enjoy some of the best of 2016. Woohoo!

As the end of 2016 approaches, some Audiophiles say that the Very BEST has yet to be launched in SG.

Here's a peek of what many avid enthusiast, are wanting and waiting.

More later! Thanks!
    Last edited by Siggy1; Nov 16th, 16 at 02:25 PM.

CanJam Singapore - March 11-12, 2017

CanJam Singapore 2016 was such an incredible experience and we’re pleased to return to the Pan Pacific Singapore in Marina Square. Some notable changes for this year include revised show hours from 11am-8pm on Saturday and 11am-7pm on Sunday. We have blocked a limited number of discounted hotel rooms for S$270/night valid from March 9-13, 2017. Please use this link when making your reservations to ensure that you receive the discounted rate. Also, be sure to check into the dedicated CanJam Singapore 2017 thread on Head-Fi.org for all of the latest updates.

SAVE THE DATE! We're happy to announce the first set of exhibitors for CanJam Singapore 2017! We'll continue to update the thread so please check in and subscribe here: CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017)
    CanJam Singapore 2017 Exhibitor List (with MANY more still to come)
    1More
    AAW
    Atomic Floyd
    Brainwavz Audio
    Cavalli Audio
    Cayin
    Chord Electronics
    Dita Audio
    Echobox Audio
    Effect Audio
    Empire Ears
    Eng Siang International
    Final Audio
    Focal
    Headamp
    Hifiman
    Jomo Audio
    Labkable
    LendMeUrEars
    Mitchell and Johnson
    Music Sanctuary
    Project Perfection
    Questyle
    RHA
    Sennheiser
    Smyth Research
    Sonoma Acoustics
    Wired for Sound

CanJam Singapore 2017 is on! SAVE THE DATE and be sure to check in to the thread!

EVENT DETAILS

CanJam Singapore 2017
    Pan Pacific Singapore
    7 Raffles Boulevard
    Marina Square
    Singapore 039595

Saturday, March 11, 2017
    11am to 8pm

Sunday, March 12, 2017
    11am to 7pm

Show Passes
    Weekend Pass - SGD $30 advance purchase (SGD $35 at door)
    One Day Pass - SDG $20 advance purchase (SGD $25 at door)

Kids 12 and under have Free Admission with an adult pass holder

Attendee Registration
    Please click here to purchase passes for the event.

Exhibitor Registration
    For companies wishing to exhibit at CanJam Singapore 2017, please contact me via PM (third_eye) or via email: ethan@canjam.org

Press Registration
    Accredited members of press can click here to register for CanJam Singapore 2017.

Travel
    Known for its incredible cultural diversity, amazing shopping experiences and world-class facilities, Singapore may be demure in size, but it offers many enriching experiences.
    Indulge in shopping at Orchard Road, Singapore’s premier retail stretch. Or, explore the many cultural enclaves that add to the city’s amazing heritage- such as Little India, Chinatown, Arab Street and more. Right in the vicinity of Pan Pacific Singapore, discover the impressive Gardens by the Bay, the Esplanade and Marina Bay Sands. At night, take a stroll along the Singapore River and indulge in the myriad of entertainment options at Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay.

Hotel Discounts
    We have a limited number of rooms available at a discounted rate of SGD $270/night which includes a buffet breakfast and wifi. Please use this link to reserve your rooms.

Parking
    Discounted parking passes will be available for SGD $10

CanJam Volunteers
    In addition to our official CanJam Event Staff, we will be looking for several volunteers to help us out at the Registration Desk during the show. You will need to be able to commit to a half-day (4 hours) on either Saturday or Sunday. CanJam Volunteers will receive a free weekend pass along with a CanJam Singapore 2017 T-Shirt. If interested, please send me a PM.

Get Social
    Help us spread the word! Stay up to date on all things CanJam:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CanJamGLOBAL/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/CanJamGlobal
    #listenlikeneverbefore

Geseënde Kersfees
    Afishapa
    መልካም ገና!
    Moni Wa Chikondwelero Cha Kristmasi
    Ni ti Burunya Chou
    Iselogbe
    Jabbama be salla Kirismati
    barka dà Kirsìmatì
    Idara ukapade isua
    E keresimesi Oma
    Noheli nziza
    Mbotama Malamu
    Seku Kulu
    Izilokotho Ezihle Zamaholdeni
    Muve neKisimusi
    Mwisuka Sekukulu
    Kirismas Wacan
    Le be le keresemese e monate
    Krismasi Njema / Heri ya Krismasi
    Ruhus Beal Lidet
    Krismesi emnandi
    E ku odun, e ku iye'dun
    UKhisimusi omuhle
    کرسمس مبارک
    Gëzuar Krishtlindjen
    عيد ميلاد مجيد
    Շնորհավոր Ամանոր և Սուրբ Ծնունդ
    Vrolijk Kerstfeest
    Joyeux Noël
    Frohe Weihnachten djoyeus Noyé
    E güeti Wïnâchte .Vesela Koleda
    圣诞快乐
    聖誕快樂
    Nadelik Lowen
    Sretan Božić
    Veselé Vánoce
    Glædelig Jul
    Feliĉan Kristnaskon
    Rõõmsaid Jõulupühi
    Hyvää joulua
    Joyeux Noël
    Nedeleg Laouen
    Bon Natale
    Frohe Weihnachten
    Καλά Χριστούγεννα
    გილოცავ შობა-ახალ წელს
    Juullimi Pilluarit
    Glædelig Jul
    Mele Kalikimaka
    Zalig Kerstfeest
    Zalig Kerstmis
    Vrolijk Kerstfeest
    Prettig Kerstfeest
    Boldog karácsonyt
    Kellemes karácsonyi ünnepeket
    Gleðileg jól
    শুভ বড়দিন
    આનંદી નાતાલ
    शुभ क्रिसमस
    ಕ್ರಿಸ್ ಮಸ್ ಹಬ್ಬದ ಶುಭಾಷಯಗಳು
    Khushal Borit Natala
    Christmas inte mangalaashamsakal
    शुभ नाताळ
    Natal Chya shubhechha
    Krismas Chibai
    ਕਰਿਸਮ ਤੇ ਨਵਾੰ ਸਾਲ ਖੁਸ਼ਿਯਾੰਵਾਲਾ ਹੋਵੇ
    Krismasasya shubhkaamnaa
    Christmas jun wadhayun
    கிறிஸ்துமஸ் வாழ்த்துக்கள்
    Christmas Subhakankshalu
    کرسمس
    Selamat Natal
    Christmas MobArak
    Kirîsmes u ser sala we pîroz be
    Nollaig Shona Dhuit
    חג מולד שמח
    Buon Natale
    Bon Natali
    Bon/Bun Nadèl
    めりーくりすます
    メリークリスマス
    메리 크리스마스
    즐거운 크리스마스 되세요
    Felicem Diem Nativitatis
    Priecïgus Ziemassvºtkus
    Linksmų Kalėdų
    Streken Bozhik or Среќен Божик
    Tratra ny Noely
    Il-Milied it-Tajjeb
    Selamat Hari Natal
    Puthuvalsara Aashamsakal
    Nollick Ghennal
    Cualli netlācatilizpan
    Христос се роди
    Ваистину се роди
    Gozhqq Keshmish
    Danistayohihv
    Aliheli'sdi Itse Udetiyvasadisv
    Quvianagli Anaiyyuniqpaliqsi
    Nizhonigo Keshmish
    Alussistuakeggtaarmek
    क्रस्मसको शुभकामना
    Meri Kirihimete
    God Jul or Gledelig Jul
    Maligayang Pasko
    Naragsak Nga Paskua
    Malipayon nga Pascua
    Maayong Pasko
    Maugmang Pasko
    Maabig ya pasko
    Magayagan inkianac
    Maupay Nga Pasko
    Bon Pascu
    Wesołych Świąt
    Feliz Natal
    Boas Festas Crăciun Fericit
    C рождеством!
    Счастливого рождества!
    Manuia Le Kerisimasi
    Blithe Yule
    Nollaig Chridheil
    Христос се роди
    Ваистину се роди
    Veselé Vianoce
    Vesel Božič
    Somali
    Kirismas Wacan
    Feliz Navidad
    Nochebuena
    Bon Nadal
    Bo Nadal
    Eguberri on
    Swit' Kresneti
    සුබ නත්තලක් වේවා
    God Jul
    Schöni Wiehnachte
    Suk sarn warn Christmas
    Mutlu Noeller
    'Веселого Різдва' Veseloho Rizdva
    'Христос Рождається' Khrystos Rozhdayetsia
    Chuć Mưǹg Giańg Sinh
    Nadolig Llawen

DECEMBER 25 2016

Are you ready for the 2017 Singapore Canjam?

FEATURING: The Canjam NYC 2017 Preview and Sneak Peak

Are you ready for the 2017 Singapore Canjam ?!!!

MrSpeakers ÆON Review
    BY AUDIOHEAD
    – FEBRUARY 1, 2017

by Dan Browdy
    MrSpeakers has been on a bit of a roll lately. From humble beginnings modifying the headphones made by other companies, Dan Clark has grown MrSpeakers into a pillar of the industry. With the recent release of the Flow updates to the popular ETHER and ETHER C, MrSpeakers has improved two of the best headphones in their respective markets. However, as happy as people are with the ETHERs, many long-time supporters of MrSpeakers have been waiting for them to return to their roots and introduce a model in a more affordable price bracket than the $1799 flagships. Now we have the new MrSpeakers ÆON. Priced at $799, this closed-back can appears to be just what fans have been waiting for. After spending some time with it, I’m certain it will bring in a whole load of new Mr. Speakers fanatics as well.
    In many respects, the ÆON is a scaled down version of the flagship ETHER C Flow. It contains much of the same technology such as V-Planar divers, NiTinol memory metal headbands and TrueFlow wave guides. But unlike its sibling, the ÆON is smaller, lighter and focused on keeping costs (and thus the price) low. It’s clear that considerable thought was put into reducing the final cost without sacrificing quality in the sound or build.

While it doesn’t match the premium quality of the ETHER C Flow, the ÆON does feel extremely well-built. The backing is made from real carbon fiber, even if it’s not beautifully contoured like C. The headband strap will be a single piece of quality leather rather than the dual-material stitched affair on the C (and the pictured review unit). The entire headphone assembly is aluminum except for the painted plastic cover and carbon fiber backing. The unit is solid enough that I wouldn’t worry about dropping it or throwing it in a backpack without a case. Which is fortunate because in order to keep costs low, it probably won’t come with one (though that’s yet to be determined). While the plastic might get dinged, I don’t think there’s any danger of damaging the unit. In fact, I’d be more worried about the aluminum parts scratching the other things in my bag.
    None of these are changes that really make much of a difference at the end of the day, but they add up to cost savings and those savings show up in the final price of the unit. This philosophy is present in the design of the new single-sided yoke. It has a clever design with no moving parts; all of the adjustments to the fit happen in the movement of the NiTinol headband and the pivot where the yoke attaches to the cups. Each of the two yokes is crafted from a single piece of aluminum, making them extremely sturdy and light. Finding the proper fit is a painless affair with this new setup, another achievement in cutting costs without sacrificing much of anything.
    The cups have a unique, off-kilter teardrop shape that I find surprisingly appealing. I recall reading a study published by a dating site that found that the people rated most attractive all have some sort of aesthetic flaw; it causes some people to find them oddly attractive while others simply don’t get it (think Cindy Crawford’s mole). I feel that the shape of the ÆON is going to be similarly polarizing. Aesthetics aside, the shape has other benefits as well: it contributes to the lighter weight, it’s surprisingly ergonomic in the hands, and it’s unusually well balanced when laid down on a flat surface. It even sits around the neck without discomfort, despite not folding flat.

When I first laid eyes on the ÆON and saw that curious shape, I immediately wondered how much room there would be for my ears. In the past I’ve found some irregularities with the fit with headphones like the Oppo PM-3 and Audeze Sine, both comfortable only when worn “just so.” I was pleased to discover that the ÆON does not suffer from the same issue. In fact, it’s more spacious than the ETHER C Flow! The walls of the pads are deep, relatively thin and – while adequately plush – don’t compress much. This leaves more than enough room for my ears to barely touch the sides (depending on how I wear it) without touching the driver at all. While it’s no HD800, it feels positively cavernous compared to the ETHER C Flow. The pads themselves are replaceable if needed, but they would be destroyed in the replacement process, so don’t expect to be pad-rolling with these.
    Besides the roomy ear cups, the ÆON also has a clamping force that feels perfect. It’s tight enough that it doesn’t move when I’m bopping my head to the music, yet it’s loose enough that it doesn’t cause discomfort like I sometimes feel with the HD650. At 335g, this is a light headphone too. When you combine the light weight, Goldilocks clamp, spacious cups and plush pads, you end up with one of the most comfortable headphones I’ve ever worn. As a closed headphone with protein leather pads, it will heat up over time, but that’s about the only fault I can find in the comfort.
    I need to mention that the ergonomics of the ÆON are something special. The amount of effort that went into the design slowly reveals itself the more I use the headphone. All the parts come together to be oddly satisfying: the weight and balance; the sturdy feel of the cups combined with the flexibility of the NiTinol bands; the way the pads don’t crush each other but seem to mate perfectly; the little divot on the top of the yoke where my finger sits perfectly when holding the cups; the way the cups perfectly fit the curvature of my hands. Holding the headphone is so satisfying that I find myself enjoying any opportunity to do so. I realize it sounds odd to say, but I think it’s unique. It gives me the fizz, as James May might say.

The cable that comes with the ÆON is a new version of the classic DUM cable, dubbed DUMMER. It uses slightly thinner strands of wire, making it both lighter and more supple than its big brother. It’s terminated in a sturdy metal 1/8” jack with a screw-on 1/4” adapter included. The headphone side uses the same Hirose connectors as the ETHER line of headphones, so the cables are all interchangeable. The connectors on the cups are recessed slightly, which should add stability if you plan on using these on the go. The connection is solid and there are no cable microphonics to speak of.
    Sound Impressions

All of this thoughtful design and clever cost-cutting would be for naught if the end product didn’t sound good. Fortunately, it does. MrSpeakers made four different models of closed headphones before they ever made their first open one. They know how to do closed well and the ÆON shows it. In a nutshell, the overall sound is much in line with the ETHER Flow line. All of Dan’s headphones have been approaching a tuning ideal that he calls “natural” and which I call “balanced”. It doesn’t feel particularly bright or dark, but it’s not flat and boring either. It has generous bass levels without sounding like a bass-head-only can, it has peak-free treble without sounding veiled and the mids are smoothly rendered without being particularly forward or recessed.
    I think the bass is going to be the most talked about attribute of this headphone, both for what it does well and what it does not. The bass delivery is planar at its best. When called for, it delivers large quantities of clean, dynamic bass. The impact is palpable — tight and punchy with barely a hint of closed-headphone resonance or dynamic-driver bloom. This gives both fantastic detail in the bass and a visceral experience for a headphone. When the recording doesn’t call for that level of bass, the ÆON can feel positively bass light, a comment that has also been attached to the original ETHER C. The big difference here is that the ÆON has more bass quantity across the board and it has a flat response, so it’s suitable to many more genres. Because of the flat response, it doesn’t boost the bass artificially; it can sound light or not, and that’s totally dependent on the mastering of a given track. I think that the contrast between the impact of the bassy tracks and the lack of impact on brighter tracks can alter its presentation in a significant way. Overall, I’m extremely pleased with the bass and don’t find this quirk to be particularly bothersome. I actually prefer the tighter, cleaner delivery of the bass on this headphone to its big brother, the ETHER C Flow. The C Flow has more quantity throughout the frequency range, but it also feels bigger and more resonant. This comes down to personal preference, of course. The sub-bass on “Black Milk” by Massive Attack or the drums on “Soul Love” by David Bowie (MQA version on Tidal) are great examples of the rumbly or punchy bass this thing can put out. “Tom Sawyer” by Rush is a track where you might wonder where all that bass went (nowhere, it’s just not in the recording). One of the nice benefits of the flat, tight bass response is that it doesn’t bleed into the other frequencies at all. The mids are smooth and nicely balanced with the rest of the frequencies. Great vocals performances seem to really shine here. Sarah Jarosz’s voice on “Ring Them Bells” is buttery smooth while the rest of the instruments are still cleanly defined and dynamic. The same track on the ETHER C Flow can sound a little strident when she hits the more forceful notes, but it’s not the case on the ÆON.
    With the high frequencies, Dan has pulled off the trick of avoiding peakiness and major dips at the same time. Treble is nicely extended while never feeling harsh or veiled. There does seem to be a notch in the treble up around 9k – 11k that isn’t particularly intrusive. It reminds me of a similar response I heard on the Focal Elear, where it’s hardly noticeable unless the cymbals fall right into that range, and then they get pushed way back in the mix. On the ÆON, it’s in a higher frequency range and it’s a thinner band, so it’s less intrusive to my ears. Overall the treble is smooth and inoffensive, making for a fatigue-free listening experience.
    As this is a closed headphone, one might expect the soundstage to be a bit constricted. On the other hand, as it’s a MrSpeakers headphone, one might expect it to be surprisingly vast for a closed can. The truth lies somewhere in between. While it certainly surpassed the stage of the many other entrants in the market, it doesn’t match that of the ETHER C Flow. I’d call it larger than average for a closed headphone. Imaging and placement is solid, no complaints there. Detail resolution is surprisingly competent for the price, but it’s not on par with the ETHER C Flow. This is probably a limitation of the smaller driver in the ÆON and, in my mind, it’s probably the main reason to move up to the flagship model.
    Prospective owners will want to take heed of their amplification output, keeping in mind that ÆON might take a little more juice to fully let loose. Dan has tuned the unit to sound its best around 85db, which is fairly loud for my personal tastes but not dangerous for extended listening periods. I have found that it does indeed respond well to some extra power on the amplification end. Sensitivity and scaling on the ÆON is approaching portable headphone territory. Certainly it gets much louder directly from my Nexus 5X phone than the ETHER C Flow but the result might not fall exactly in line with every consumers listening level preferences. I did feel like a little more from an amplifier section would add a lot to the sound, but I’d have no compunctions using it right from my phone in a pinch. To get it to sound its best – with that clean punchy bass – you will want to scale up your amping.

The ÆON is light, small, easy to drive, sturdy and comes with an 1/8” connector on the new thinner cable. It seems clear that this was intended to be useful as a portable. While some may think of portable headphones as a compromise between sound quality and utility, this headphone is not. It scales well with desktop gear and I’d argue that portability is a side benefit and not the main event. Its versatility is further testament to the engineering chops of the team at MrSpeakers. Two headphones that show this well are the Oppo PM-3 and the MrSpeakers ETHER C Flow. The PM-3 is a great portable, closed planar but it doesn’t scale as well with good desktop gear. At the other end, the ETHER C Flow is more resolving than the ÆON with a bigger soundstage and overall it’s a better sounding headphone, but it’s only marginally portable. It’s bulky, difficult to drive properly, and expensive enough that I’d think twice before allowing it to leave the house. The ÆON hits the sweet spot between portability, scalability and price.

Conclusion

In my review a few short months ago, I called the ETHER C Flow the best closed headphone on the market. While that hasn’t changed, when considered as a complete package, I would rather own the ÆON than the ETHER C Flow. Certainly, the Flow is uncompromising when it comes to sound and build quality, but that comes at a $1000 premium and it lacks the versatility of the ÆON. The ÆON has a fatigue-free sound with smooth mids and slamming bass. It can be used on the go or at a desk. The ergonomics are oddly satisfying and its distinctive visual appeal works for me. It’s not the last word in sound quality, but it has no glaring flaws and it sounds superb when everything clicks (e.g. “Wondering Where The Lions Are” by Bruce Cockburn).
    Once again, MrSpeakers has created something new that is arguably better than anything else he’s created before. The ÆON takes everything MrSpeakers has learned over the years and combines them with clever design choices and well-thought-out compromises to achieve sound and build quality at an unheard-of price. I see no reason not to recommend this headphone wholeheartedly.
    TIDAL Playlist of songs mentioned in the review:
    www.tidal.com/playlist/66440937-a62c-4970-ac5b-bcf1323efa65
    More information: http://mrspeakers.com

The 2017 Singapore Canjam.

The Biggest Head-fier Meeting this part of the World.

See you on March 11-12, 2017, at the Pan Pacific Hotel!

CLICK on the following Link to Register
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/canjam-...ts-27210549486

Let's Enjoy the Newest, the Yet to be Launched, and the Very Best of the Audiophile World.

Click on the following link for further details:
    CanJam Singapore 2017 / CanJam Global

CANJAM SINGAPORE EXHIBITORS

Ooh-Rah!
    Last edited by Siggy1; Feb 6th, 17 at 06:07 PM.

SG CANJAM 2017 T-SHIRTS (Deadline Feb. 22)

To reserve your shirt, please reply to the thread (PLEASE do not PM)
    CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017)

1. Head-Fi handle
    2. Size
    3. Number
    4. And If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line.

*Please note that these T-Shirts will be printed in the USA, so provide your "USA" sizing (generally one size smaller than Asian fit sizing so a US Medium would likely be an Asian fit Large).

For example, this is my "order":

Siggy1|L|3
    Siggy 1|S|1

T-Shirts are SGD$40 each, and will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for T-Shirt orders is Wednesday, February 22.

Impression and Reviews

Some believe that Impressions can influence one's opinion towards a Product. And a superb Review (especially by a Respected Celebrity) can firm-up a decision to pre-order, as well. Although the ideal is to do an Audition before making a purchase, the opportunity is not always possible. Especially when the product has not yet been locally launched, or can only be pre-order without demo, or the limited numbers have been sold to a privileged few. So what can we do?

We learn about the New Product from the Manufacturer. We look up to comment in various forums and Twitter and whatever is available. We search for reviews then decide to pre-order or not. Then we hope that everything is works out well and we will be delighted.

The Ideal

Some say the Best Way to assess value for money, is looking into the New feature/technology, build quality/ergonomics/environment impact, suitability, validity/reliability, to score overall worthiness. Some would observe each of these variables, then do a thorough audition. Nothing wrong with it, except that it can get too complicated.

Buying Shampoo

There still remain a few shops that offer walk-in's the opportunity to audition. Other Audio shops operate like a Mini-Stop. Choose fromthe shelf, pick-out your favourite color. Look at the price, then read the description. Know what's new and figure it it's all worth -- as women do picking-out a shampoo. There isn't a grocer with a shower - to try the "new shampoo", before you buy. Just pick one got to the counter and apple pay. Rush take a quick shower to try the shampoo.

Reviews by Celebrities

Reviews made by Audiophile World "Celebrities" are almost like Personal Endorsement of Products. These endorsements are important to rationalise the high price tag. Oh yeah, these Reviews get many to dream to own, and pre-order without the benefit of a personal audition. Oh yeah, I almost pre-ordered a new flagship based on a Excellent Reviews. Fortunately this morning I woke up top a Youtube Video of an Unknown that totally convinced me that the product was not worthy the huge $$$$ price tag.

Oh yeah, I managed a brief audition a few months back, and did not think anything bad of it. I must admit I did not prepare much, entering the shop was just by chance - I was in the building for something else. But what is scary was that a number of comments were similar to the one indicated by the Celebrity Reviewer. The only difference was that the talking points were quick presented by the celebrity reviewer then quickly down-played/brushed-offm as a non-issue. Thinking about it now, it is! Now that's scary if you ask me.

2017 SG Canjam

Anyways, I totally look forward to the 2017 SG Canjam. Although huge head-fi meets might not be the "ideal" venue for a proper audition given time constraint, background noise, and friends distractions. But I will do try out auditioning especially the New Flagship that I wanted vis-a-vis other Flagships. it only takes a few seconds, for me to determine delightful or not. So I shall.

What Great about to 2017 SG Canjam for me is the opportunity to meet old friends, as well. It is also a chance to listen to fellow audiophiles, hear out what they got to say. For me this will be quite enriching and probably the Greatest Treats!

And yes there those that will set-up their equipment in quiet rooms on the second floor. So don't miss that. Plus there will be Organised Discussions led the various Manufacturing Heads/Reps who will be making presentation based on the theme. An Open Forum follows, so you can ask anything under the sun.

Look-out for the schedules printed in the Camnjam Program handed-out during Registration. This is another good reason why to go Saturday and Sunday. There is just so much new products to audition and enjoy, new friends to meet, and topics to learn about and contribute.
    The 2017 SG Canjam: see, hear, meet, experience and be delighted.

The Official Launch of a New Flagahip

CATCH Dita Audio's New Flagship -- The Dream,
    at the 2017 Singapore Canjam on March 11 &12, 2017 --Pan Pacific Hotel - Grand Ballroom.

Yes! We did manage a rare opportunity to audition the Dita's New Flagship In-Ear Monitor, aka "The Dream" with the New High Resolution Sony Walkman and the Astell&Kern AK-380.

Dita's new Flagship, The Dream

This time around, each of the New Dream housing is billeted from a block of Black Titanium to the Specifications and high Quality Standards of Dita Audio, all made in Japan. Thereafter, the component housing halves are individually inspected then carefully assembled and fine-tuned by audiophile professionals in-house, with the help pf precision measuring instrument in Singapore. Dita Audio chose this model to assure everyone that like the previous. I won't be surprised if each of the New Dream can potentially deliver even more delightful, reliably throughout the Product's lifetime.

Many of those following the Evolution of the New Dream that it is excitingly configured with a 2-pin detachable. The cable was created in cooperation with the Dutch Company -- Van Den Hul Cables. Dita is making available variations of the cable for precise fine tuning to the audiophile personal preference, as well. Dita took no short-cuts, nor are they short-changing expectations of their followers by going for high quality connectors and plugs, custom created for Dita Audio. DIY guys know how important the use of quality connectors and plugs for best quality and reliability -- kudos to Dita. Moreover, this new flagship comes with 3 adapters, and can be configured to pair with every DAP and DAC/AMP in the market, having the standard 3.5" stereo plug. Moreover, Like the Answer and the Truth, the Dream comes with a 2.5" balanced adapter tp pair with Astell&Kern's full lineup of DAP's especially the Flagship AK-380. The Dream comes with a 4.1 balanced adapter for the New Sony Walkman. Some say the 4.1 balanced superb performance, will be the preferred connector for the Portable Audiophiles in the future.

When one add all these great features of the Dream by New design, the quality manufacturing process, the quality titanium and connectors, and the additional adapters -- what seems to be a hefty $1000 price-up compared top the Dita Truth Balanced, is in-fact offered at a great bargain. Thanks Dita, you Rock!

The Verdict

For us, Dita's New Flagship for is faithful as it genuinely fulfils our Dream. We paired the Dream with every DAP or DAC/Amp we can get hold of and conclude that the Dream is an worthy upgrade for Audiophiles Worldwide. We genuinely love the SQ and the strong capability to deliver consistently of just a single driver. It will be appreciated even more by those that had prefer detachable cable to "try-out" and enjoy the endless possibilities in fine tuning via cable swap available in the Audiophile World.

Astell&Kern AK-380 or the New Sony Walkman

Oh yeah, the Dream managed quickly a delightful listening experience with both the Sony Walkman and Astell&Kern A&K-380, hearing heavenly details, thanks to the balanced adapters, which comes standard with the Dita. Some prefer the Sony others prefer the A&K. Yes one is not better than the other. It is genuinely a matter of personal preference. But everyone agrees, that the Dita paired with either the Sony Walkman and/or the A&K-380 is a genuinely delightful Listening Experience. Some add that it is one of the Best Experience they have enjoyed for 2017. I was told that pairing this with the Premium Sony Walkman, could be the Dream Pair for a portable audiophile Rig with the simple single-ended driver of the Dita, a tuneable cable, and the 4.1 balanced connector of the Sony Walkman, and the Superb SQ of the Premium Walkman due to design , Workmanship, and choice Components.

Can't wait to try this superb Dita - Sony Walkman combo people especially during during the 2017 SG Camjam on March 11 & 12. Oh yeah there is the New Astell&Kern AK-380 Stainless Steel going for $7,000 plus over (Just when many thought that the previous model was way too pricey for our pockets - Marketing guys at Astell&Kern seem to disagree and push the envelope, much further.)

Anyways, if this Dita and Sony's New Premium Walkman, is New "Ultimate Combo" for those that "prefer" the Dita and Sony "Superior Sound Quality" plus the possibility of further refinement via cable swaps -- then it can get the serious audiophile closer to their search for a "game-ender' in 2017. Now that's Awesomely Exhilarating.

Canjam Special Sale

OH YEAH, Please don't forget that the Dita might be having a "Special Sale' during the SG Canjam. Good chance to grab a pair as these are expected to run-out quick, as they have been quite in-demand in Japan and China Markets. I agree that doing the launch during the 2017 SG Canjam 2017 is most appropriate asits going to be a full house with Audiophiles coming from the region and Worldwide, as well.

See You Soon!
    Last edited by Siggy1; Feb 20th, 17 at 01:14 PM.

The 2017 SG Canjam Coming Very Soon!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435