Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
Questor Registered User

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Questor Mar 8th, 13, 11:11 PM #121

err.. yah but it's a total office building. i was just there for lunch the day you posted about it. lol
sg.png
rickysio
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trade rep: 33 (100%)
rickysio Mar 8th, 13, 11:15 PM #122
Someone in the green forums mentioned he auditioned the Cavalli LF there, so at least he's allowing auditions too. Maybe when he rented the place it was cheaper than a shopping centre...
It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.
sg.png
Questor Registered User

Questor Mar 8th, 13, 11:18 PM #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Someone in the green forums mentioned he auditioned the Cavalli LF there, so at least he's allowing auditions too. Maybe when he rented the place it was cheaper than a shopping centre...
i'm not sure, but i don't think the place is easily accessible to public. there's a gantry there. this used to be the standard chartered building.
sg.png
alamakazam Registered User

Trade rep: 85 (99%)
alamakazam Mar 8th, 13, 11:40 PM #124
David provide some short home loan audition(2 hours... very rush, maybe u can negotiate longer), not sure every product...

audeze lcd-2 he just send to my place for audition
know some guys get to loan woo audio amps
sg.png
rickysio
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rickysio Mar 9th, 13, 12:11 AM #125
Issue with home loan is also got the 'paiseh'-ness that might cause wrong decision to be made. Cause IIRC he will bring down to your place personally.
It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.
sg.png
Questor Registered User

Questor Mar 9th, 13, 12:20 AM #126
2hrs is more than enough actually.. if he does have home loan, that's a good plus.

gf keeps telling me not to buy though. probably wants me to use the money to take her to paris. lol
sg.png
9VARZ
♥ Lightning ♥

Trade rep: 5 (100%)
9VARZ Mar 9th, 13, 07:43 PM #127
Quote:
Maybe when he rented the place it was cheaper than a shopping centre...
Much much cheaper, actually. In fact, I know how much he's paying.
Views expressed are my own.

WTS: Garage sales!! Pre-loved items sold for cheap!!

URGENT DOSE OF VITAMIN M REQUIRED.
Can you help?
sg.png
rickysio
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rickysio Mar 9th, 13, 10:49 PM #128
Go be his neighbour la!
sg.png
wenasong
KencanaNET FTW!!

Trade rep: 30 (100%)
wenasong Mar 9th, 13, 11:29 PM #129
Met him at the past Singapore show (at Parkroyal). Nice chap and indeed can arrange for home audition.

2 hours is quite reasonable to tell if it suits your headphone or not.
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt Blitz.

Cert : #1212NA195 , #1404TCE008 , #1404WE064 , #1405RE146 , #1405INE010
sg.png
9VARZ
♥ Lightning ♥

9VARZ Mar 9th, 13, 11:38 PM #130
Actually, for experienced ears, I think 5 minutes with the right track enough liao.

Can you help?
sg.png
9VARZ
♥ Lightning ♥

9VARZ Mar 10th, 13, 02:37 AM #131
Quote:
Go be his neighbour la!
How can?

You mai support wah mah.

Hoot iFi first leh....then got capital to become his neighbour!

Can you help?
sg.png
rickysio
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rickysio Mar 10th, 13, 12:11 PM #132
NMNHNLM. =(
sg.png
Questor Registered User

Questor Oct 15th, 13, 11:08 PM #133
Resurrecting this thread abit as it's somewhat relevant.

Since the new room layout was used, I've not touched my headphones and am probably giving up this route, and letting go of my Stax. I have heard the 009 in numerous setups now, but never felt it gave me a wow factor.. overall I still prefer the Stax 007mk1 though it doesn't work with all genres, and that still doesn't beat my stereo setup.

Anyway, I was thinking of picking up a new portable player and earphones for on-the-go listening such as during my holidays and went to hear the AK120.

In the end, wasn't too impressed with the player, but I got to hear the Fitear MH335DW.. and this CIEM managed to change what I feel about portable hifi. The sound was really quite good even playing off an ipod.

However, was thinking of a TG334 as that's universal and I can share with the gf.

Anyone got experiences with CIEMs vs universals to share?
sg.png
ivanlyf_2011 Registered User

Trade rep: 70 (97%)
ivanlyf_2011 Oct 15th, 13, 11:41 PM #134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post
Resurrecting this thread abit as it's somewhat relevant.

Since the new room layout was used, I've not touched my headphones and am probably giving up this route, and letting go of my Stax. I have heard the 009 in numerous setups now, but never felt it gave me a wow factor.. overall I still prefer the Stax 007mk1 though it doesn't work with all genres, and that still doesn't beat my stereo setup.

Anyway, I was thinking of picking up a new portable player and earphones for on-the-go listening such as during my holidays and went to hear the AK120.

In the end, wasn't too impressed with the player, but I got to hear the Fitear MH335DW.. and this CIEM managed to change what I feel about portable hifi. The sound was really quite good even playing off an ipod.

However, was thinking of a TG334 as that's universal and I can share with the gf.

I think Rickysio or weib might be able to assist you Questor.

Try asking them?
Hobbies: DIY PC Hardware, Reading, Running, Classical Music, Ballet, Opera and Jaz

Favorite Jazz Artists: Louis Armstrong, Ella Fritzgerald, Lisa Ono

Composers I listen to: JS Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Handel, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Brahms, Chopin, Ravel, Tchaikovsky, Ravel

Ballets watched: Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, La Bayadere, Coppelia, Giselle, Le Corsaire, Don Quixote, Romeo & Juliet, Cinderella, The Nutcracker, Sylvia, La fille mal gardee
sg.png
9VARZ
♥ Lightning ♥

9VARZ Oct 16th, 13, 04:55 PM #135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post
Always a tough one.

In your case, since you already dislike the Stax, I would suggest you ditch all forms of headphones altogether (including CIEMs). Bear in mind that this is always a cars vs. motorbikes thing and it's never easy to justify either way. An analogy using that would be like saying you still prefer your current ride in your Rolls-Royce Phantom, but you dislike the grand tourer which you bought a few months earlier; so you want to let your GT bike go and look for another bike (maybe a sports bike or a custom 500cc racer), even though you probably dislike bikes in general.

Anyway, should you insist on pursuing the headphones route, note that there aren't that many truly great CIEMs around. Once you've tried the JH Audio ones after the FitEar models, that's pretty much it already. Unique Melody and other cheaper makes are just not worth your time.

The most premium universals currently on the market are also hardly worth shouting about either. Sennheiser and AKG currently lead in this area, but their heavy commercial slant has left true audiophiles hanging. The AKG works best with amps and a very quiet environment, but it's really still no cigar.

Fit and finish wise, certain universals may actually be surprisingly better than their custom-fitted counterparts. This is especially the case with single and dual BA or single driver dynamic designs. With a well-designed triple-flanged or foam tip, they provide a more comfortable and effective seal than the hard plastics often associated with custom moulds. They also tend to seat a lot better than their bigger cousins and are a lot less prone to falling out. In which case, customs make a lot more sense in situations where it is actually required for communication (talkback/two-way radio) or personal monitoring (stage) and in situations where they are snugly held by external aids (ear hooks or helmets). It is still highly debatable if they are well-suited for studios and home listening other than to check the mixes for engineers.

I've also personally never seen (or heard) any silicone-tipped customs that are decently performing either. The internal cavity resonance as well as phase-alignment in these designs often prove to be too complicated and difficult to address.

Can you help?
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads