Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
frozen_cpu Registered User

Trade rep: 28 (97%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Bose Companion 2 Series ll vs Creative T20 and T40 frozen_cpu Sep 29th, 08, 01:08 AM #1

hi i am currently looking for a 2.0 setup and was wondering which of the 3 is better in terms of sound quality? is the T40 the best sounding of all? cos i understand that there is an extra transducer on it. i will be going down to the showrooms to give these speakers a listen for myself but before i do so, is there anything that i should be listening out for?

in other words, i would like opinions on how each speaker sounds compared to the others.

thanks!

oh and do check out my WTB thread below if you happen to have these speakers for sale!

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread...49#post5863449

sg.png
Quantom

Trade rep: 6 (100%)
Quantom Sep 29th, 08, 05:45 AM #2
Dude, sorry, I don't think you'll be getting much of a useful response from us guys here in the forum. We're all into custom setups and I don't think there are many Bose fans either.
sg.png
gadenp
Mini Maggies Rock

Trade rep: 43 (100%)
gadenp Sep 29th, 08, 09:33 AM #3
From what I auditioned before, the t40 needs some distance for the sound to develop aka more tv speakers then pc speakers.

The T20 lacks bass but is great otherwise.

The Bose is just "Buy other Sound Equipment".
sg.png
buaya

Trade rep: 4 (100%)
buaya Sep 29th, 08, 10:49 AM #4
Any audio brands are generally subjected to heavy fanboy bashing especially in forums. Suggest u go audition them yourself and decide which to get.

sg.png

frozen_cpu Sep 29th, 08, 01:33 PM #5
ok thanks for all your replies

will be going down to listen for myself.

thanks again!
sg.png
chennhui Registered User

Trade rep: 3 (100%)
chennhui Sep 29th, 08, 02:45 PM #6
IMO Bose Companion 2 is very good.
au.png
shard Senior Member

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
shard Sep 29th, 08, 03:04 PM #7
The Bose is quite expensive but it is actually a very good system. If it is within your budget, go for it, you won't regret it.

I have Bose Companion 2s on some of my systems because it is small, convenient and sounds good. The other thing that you may want to consider is the new generation Bose Music Monitors. Those are absolutely amazing for music but a little weak on bass and they cost more.

The Creative speakers are pretty decent for the price but they are not great speakers.
sg.png
shard Senior Member

shard Sep 29th, 08, 03:09 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantom View Post
Dude, sorry, I don't think you'll be getting much of a useful response from us guys here in the forum. We're all into custom setups and I don't think there are many Bose fans either.
Even though the vocal majority of this forum is into USB DACs and custom setups, there are others who are into stock speaker systems.

The main aim of a public forum is an exchange of information for everyone. The last thing it needs is to become a niche and elitist gathering.
sg.png
skweam

Trade rep: 32 (97%)
skweam Sep 30th, 08, 02:30 AM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shard View Post
Even though the vocal majority of this forum is into USB DACs and custom setups, there are others who are into stock speaker systems.

The main aim of a public forum is an exchange of information for everyone. The last thing it needs is to become a niche and elitist gathering.
sexactly.
sg.png
Quantom

Quantom Sep 30th, 08, 06:07 AM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shard View Post

Alright, my bad. I was just implying that he may be better off asking elsewhere, since the thread was initially empty.
sg.png
HyoRi
Invisible

Location: Somewhere in the concrete jungle of the small lil' red dot.
Trade rep: 5 (100%)
HyoRi Sep 30th, 08, 07:30 AM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantom View Post
Alright, my bad. I was just implying that he may be better off asking elsewhere, since the thread was initially empty.
You should have given some time for people to reply first.

For budget conscious wise people, I will definately stay away from Bose. IMO, there are better deals to be had with the money you spend on it.
sg.png
sin cruise

Trade rep: 58 (100%)
sin cruise Sep 30th, 08, 11:44 AM #12
ok - let me bash bose
just kidding
buy whatever you can afford and very impt. your ears loved it
sg.png
shard Senior Member

shard Sep 30th, 08, 12:47 PM #13
Sadly, Bose does deserve some bashing because their products are never cheap and they do have alot of "gimmicky" features. On the other hand, they also have some nice products but at a higher price when compared to the competition.

The problem is that you can't do a simple comparison between a Bose and a Logitech or Creative because it is better but it also costs more.
sg.png

frozen_cpu Sep 30th, 08, 01:58 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyoRi View Post
You should have given some time for people to reply first.

For budget conscious wise people, I will definately stay away from Bose. IMO, there are better deals to be had with the money you spend on it.
better deals? i'm open to recommendations.
sg.png
Quantom

Quantom Sep 30th, 08, 06:35 PM #15
Don't know about you guys, but for multimedia speakers, I'll definitely go for the Altec Lansing MX5021. It has some serious bass, and it does pretty well with gaming/movies and some light music. Last known price to me is $218. How much do the Bose systems cost anyway?
sg.png
Linear Mode Linear Mode