Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which car would you choose?

Honda Civic 1.8 or Kia Cerato Koup 2.0? Both are the same price (AU$27k).

Would be cool if you'd give reasons supporting your choice, including considerations about fuel economy, resale value, reliability and driving feel.

The image portrayed by the respective brands is not a consideration to me. Finally, do suggest alternative models that are similarly priced, if u want to as well. Thanks!
    Optimist: That's the light at the end of the tunnel! The worst is over!
    Pessimist: That's the light at the far end of the tunnel, it must be a train!
    An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty, a pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.

Free will is my drug
    IMO, Honda Civic 1.8L.

1) It is a japanese car.
    2) Easily modifiable.
    3) IIRC, more fuel efficient den Kia.
    4) Being it a Honda, definitely more reliable
    5) Aesthetics also is good.
    6) Driving wise, i've only driven it once, rode on it like 3x, I would give it an 8/10.

Hope it helps.
    [Mobo] Asus P8P67M-Pro [Chip] Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600k cooled by Antec Kuler 920 [Ram] GSkill Ripjaw-X PC12800 1600mhz 8GB CL7
    [HDD] OS: WD 300GB Raptor (HLHX) || Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, WD Green 2TB
    [GFX] Asus GTX560Ti DirectCU II OC displayed on [Monitor] Dell U2311
    [PSU] Seasonic-X 560W Gold [Chassis] Silverstone TJ-08E
    [Keyboard and Mice combi] Logitech G110 and G500S [Mousepad] Mouse mat
    [Sound] Altec Lancing MX6021 [OS] Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Free will is my drug
    Im not sure how much is an Accord there.. But i thk Honda Accord 2.0L is better.
    [Mobo] Asus P8P67M-Pro [Chip] Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600k cooled by Antec Kuler 920 [Ram] GSkill Ripjaw-X PC12800 1600mhz 8GB CL7
    [HDD] OS: WD 300GB Raptor (HLHX) || Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, WD Green 2TB
    [GFX] Asus GTX560Ti DirectCU II OC displayed on [Monitor] Dell U2311
    [PSU] Seasonic-X 560W Gold [Chassis] Silverstone TJ-08E
    [Keyboard and Mice combi] Logitech G110 and G500S [Mousepad] Mouse mat
    [Sound] Altec Lancing MX6021 [OS] Win7 Ultimate 64bit

jj
    civic 1.8. no need to think. Japanese made.

Anything that is Japanese made means 2 things. Simple, build for YOUR NEEDS.

I love the seats.. and windscreen too.. Rain water droplets just travel upwards when u're driving. The big side mirror is a plus point too. Honda spare parts are worldwide available, easy to source.

I went 185km/h on NS highway, and its very steady. 1.3L Hybrid Civic

Thank you for your opinions guys, I think its likely that I will get a civic. Maybe a civic SI if theres a similarly priced one on the second hand market.
    An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty, a pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.

civic 1.8 definitely i would say civic's engine is one of the best for that price has the pull though im not yet a driver, ive sat in many cars and the civic stretches nicely and smoothly

okay i will test drive them to have a feel before i buy then, I've only sat in the "fake" 1.6l civic thats only found in singapore though, wasn't very remarkable. The body was beautiful as though

Personally, I will get the Koup because I seldom crawl over humps. I have driven both before but if you are able to get the Civic Type-R , you should. Its a entire world of difference between the SI and the Type-R.

I suggested the Type-R because you wanted a comparison between the 1.8L Civic and the Koup. The 1.8L will suffer because the weight of this particular variant also houses the Type-R.
    Razer Destructor Black, Samsung T260HD, AE Aego M 2.1 White, Samsung GT-C3530 Black, Sony Playstation 3 Lightning Version 2, Samsung 32" 5 Series Slim LED TV, Fiio E12 Black, Shure Limited Blue SE215, Edifier S730, Polygon Heist 3.0 Hybrid, Nokia 515 White, Samsung Tab 7.0 Lite, Fiio X5, Samsung K Zoom White, Sony Xperia E1 Dual-Sim Purple, Xiaomi Redmi 1S Grey, Logitech AnyAngle Violet, Nokia 8250 Red, Sony B183F Blue 4GB, Astro A40 MixAmp Pro, Ducky Shine4 White with White Switch, SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Mouse, Sony Playstation 4 Glacier White 500GB, Apple iPad Mini 3 16GB 4G Gold, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Gold 64GB,

Blacklist : audiohubSG 81976118

thanks ice, a second hand type R (they only have the hatchback version) would cost around 29-33k whereas a second hand SI would ironically cost about $33-34k even though it is weaker. I think its because the front Honda logo of the SI is, as james may said, encased in a "perspex trophy cabinet". I'm so charmed by it that I want it more than a Type R! But alas...it costs too much.

Another option I have now is a Lancer, brand new 2.0l Manual from AU$20k, but my dad has a previous gen ('05 i think) lancer 1.6l CVT and we are utterly unimpressed by it, extremely weak performance, cheap as interior, non-existent sound insulation and very soft sheet metal. Anyone's been in/driven the new lancer? Any feedback? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGermanKid View Post
    thanks ice, a second hand type R (they only have the hatchback version) would cost around 29-33k whereas a second hand SI would ironically cost about $33-34k even though it is weaker. I think its because the front Honda logo of the SI is, as james may said, encased in a "perspex trophy cabinet". I'm so charmed by it that I want it more than a Type R! But alas...it costs too much.
    There is a lot of difference between the hatchback version and the saloon version too. I have driven the hatchback version and I agreed with what Jeremy said about the rear spoiler.
    Razer Destructor Black, Samsung T260HD, AE Aego M 2.1 White, Samsung GT-C3530 Black, Sony Playstation 3 Lightning Version 2, Samsung 32" 5 Series Slim LED TV, Fiio E12 Black, Shure Limited Blue SE215, Edifier S730, Polygon Heist 3.0 Hybrid, Nokia 515 White, Samsung Tab 7.0 Lite, Fiio X5, Samsung K Zoom White, Sony Xperia E1 Dual-Sim Purple, Xiaomi Redmi 1S Grey, Logitech AnyAngle Violet, Nokia 8250 Red, Sony B183F Blue 4GB, Astro A40 MixAmp Pro, Ducky Shine4 White with White Switch, SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Mouse, Sony Playstation 4 Glacier White 500GB, Apple iPad Mini 3 16GB 4G Gold, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Gold 64GB,

Blacklist : audiohubSG 81976118

bought an honda civic 1.8 vti-l sparkle grey.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGermanKid View Post
    bought an honda civic 1.8 vti-l sparkle grey.
    Congrats! Cars in oz are cheap as...

You might want to consider a used, 1-3 year old holden commodore when you get tired of your honda. A friend used to own the 3.8L and the build quality is surprisingly good. Sat nav, 8 speakers, the works. Not to mention powerful as well.

Meantime, enjoy your car and the good life in Brisvegas!
    WTB List
    (1) Working condition Maxtor DiamondMax Harddisk IDE model no 6L160P0, code no BAJ41G20.

thanks inflames, unfortunately I am anti holden and I cant drive one due to national pride! lol, its like asking me to drive a proton or perodua, I just cant!

Australian people themselves have told me how Holdens "fall apart on the way to your destination". I think its especially so for the fake chevrolet models.

I think BMW took this honor from Honda a while back, if not it wont be forever anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast