so i got myself a Danger Den Double Wide Tower 21 - clear acryllic
its a simple casing, able to mount 2x480 and a 1x360 internally. the casing separates into 2 bays, one for the motherboard and other pcbs' and the other for the watercooling components.
i have decided to have 3 phases for my projek.
- to replace all critical watercooling pumps - tubings, pump, reservoir, fittings
- to streamline wirings and what not
- to improve the overall outlook of the rig - led fans, extension cables etc
- upgrading components - 990fx motherboard, crossfire, rams
since it is a clear casing, i have opt for Feser 1/2" white tubings, with Bitspower compression fittings.
i have gotten myself a new reservoir, FrozenQ Liquid Fusion 250mm Blue, its a one chio reservoir albeit pricing on the high end.
i have replaced my 355 to a 655 for my CPU loop. and for my GPU loop, i decided it to remain the same, XSPC res/pump combo.
After taking like half a day (rest in btween, watch Korean shows), i finally get it fixed but its cums with a hiccup. will eleborate after this flood of photos
Feser white 1/2 tubing
Koolance drain plugs which i cant use cos of smaller OD..sianz..will sell it at marketplace soon
Bucket Check !! Empty space check !! Remove parts from my NZXT Tempest
still looks as new even though the psu is few years old oredi
good thing abt this is that i can remove the mobo 'tray' and fix everything outside and put it back
one of the cockup - my cooltek screw holes r not aligned against the casing screw holes..haiz..
yay..all inside oredi..left the tubings..cables all over...
top view of the dd
yay..tubing in..the support for the 51/4" bay cums wif the top cover, so i have to slant my xspc combo for the running in
view from the front. its kinda empty now. will be filled during phase 2
top view with when running in
leak test !!
yay !! abit neater - will be even neater in phase 2
under my table...will stress load later to see whether got any improvement/reduction in temp
Tada !!! paiseh..the top cover paper-sticker is not cleared properly...hehe..will put some solution later to make it soft.
Phase 1 end product
The Double wide is excellent case to work with. ample space and everything. everything's good.
the cockup r the stuffs that i put it in
- my cooltek radiator. the fan spacing is all over. it is not aligned against the casing fan mounts. its not DD fault though. the casing are made to standard specs
- my feser radiator - the screws are smaller. ive forgotten to get shorter screws for that. im doing a push with my Yate loons so the fans would be in the casing. as such the radiator have to be mounted on the casing. the screws giving although thicker but shorter. the radiator screws r longer and thinner. so now ive and get shorter and thinner screws.
- my xspc combo r not aligned in the bay. again its xspc fault. the holes at the side r higher than the holes at the casing. ive checked using my dvd drive. the bay is perfectly for 2 double bay slots.
So basically the gripe is on my parts' manufacturer thumbs up for DD on their perfectly designed casings !!
When firstly running in. bloody noisy from the pump.
abt 30 mins later...silence