Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Feeble Hooter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18

    Where to buy vinyl dye based spray paint?

    Hi, where can I buy vinyl dye based paint in Singapore? All the DIY stores sell Nippon paint that's only good for wood or metal.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    112
    How is vinyl dyed paint like? to be use on what

    sprayed paint is normal quick dry paint, i.e thinner base
    u can get base coat - premier oxide, surface finishing coat and acrylic paint.
    u got to go to shop selling only paint. there u have wider choice.

    as for dyed, only wood dyed, it is used to dissolve in the spirit for varnishing of wooden furniture. this, u have to go to hardware shop supporting the wooden furniture industries.

    u can get it at: Blk 1 Yishun st 23, YS ONE, #01-08, #01-26

    : Ang Mo Kio Ind pk 2 - Kim Men hardware : 64813351

    If for those finishing like the shelving of the fridge, check with
    siong Kwong industry at Blk 8 Toa Payoh Lor 8 #01-1225
    Tel:62504649
    Last edited by gladyslim2; Sep 30th, 07 at 11:06 AM.

  3. #3
    Feeble Hooter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm trying to paint my beige Dell case black in color. This is an old Dimension T series, the bottom stand, top and side panels are all plastic (faceplate as well).

    I've read that vinyl dye penetrates and bonds with certain plastic surfaces, hence the term "dye". You can bend and stretch the surface a little without the finish peeling off. There is no need for sanding and priming the surface prior to application.

    What I'd like is this - in Satin Black:

    www(dot)speco(dot)com(dot)au/vht_vinyl(dot)html

    Please, does anyone know where I can get this locally in Singapore? Thanks!

  4. #4
    Feeble Hooter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18
    Correction, vinyl dye is otherwise known as plastic dye. My case panels are made out of hard PVC (plastic derivative).

    This would be ideal:

    www(dot)parasolinc(dot)com/Products(dot)asp?ProductID=VARIBOND

  5. #5
    Feeble Hooter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18
    Can anyone help, please?

    I tried ordering on-line from a dealer in Canada, but the stupid sales rep says that shipping cost of 1 aerosol can is US$140!!

    I can't believe this is so *bleep*ing difficult to find!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    112
    check with: www.rssingapore.com

    add: 31 Tech Park crescent
    tel: 68653400

    they sell high temperature paint, heat sink etc

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    281
    OUCH.... that place sell rather expensive.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by siaolah
    OUCH.... that place sell rather expensive.
    screen thru their others products and yes, pretty expensive

    maybe try this paint where I saw it at a bookshop at Admiralty place

    Borney? forgot the spelling - it's Epoxy Acrylic paint at $4.50 per can.

    another hardware shop to check with is Podai Engineering - tel: 64815524. this shop sell a lot of hardware supporting the mechanical engineering's use

    compare price before buying. they charge me $36.80 for a bluemol 100mm holesaw where most of the nearby shop sell $20/-. I told them should be wrong input price in their new computerised system but they dont agree. other item price is acceptable.
    Last edited by gladyslim2; Sep 30th, 07 at 11:33 AM.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4
    I'm trying to find vinyl dye in Singapore too. Anyone managed to find it?

    In case you don't know what it is, here's a pretty good guide: http://www.gideontech.com/content/articles/202/1

    Its supposedly available in automotive shops in the US, anyone had any luck trying to find vinyl dye here?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4
    FYI, none of the companies listed as selling "automotive paints" here sell vinyl dye - http://www.eguide.com.sg/productserv...pore,Asia.html


  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    112
    maybe check with company doing plastic sighboard

    wonder how they do the wording on the acrylic sheet signboard

    if cannot buy the paint, then ask them to spray

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by gladyslim2 View Post
    another hardware shop to check with is Podai Engineering - tel: 64815524. this shop sell a lot of hardware supporting the mechanical engineering's use

    compare price before buying. they charge me $36.80 for a bluemol 100mm holesaw where most of the nearby shop sell $20/-. I told them should be wrong input price in their new computerised system but they dont agree. other item price is acceptable.
    bro, the bluemol holesaw is normal metal one or carbide-tipped one? Is the shop in Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 3?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    112
    no more HDB terrace shop at ang mo kio pk 3.

    the shop u mentioned shifted to Blk 38 Woodlands but cannot buy from them, they selling almost $40 bucks where you can get it $20/- or slightly more in other shops for the 98, 100 or 102mm dia.

    call to check price & stock: Chang Tai chiang at Ang Mo kio pk 2 opposite to NYP

    Fupizat at Blk 1 Yishun st 23 #01-01, they have a shop at Yishun chong pang market next to POSB

    It's not carbide, but suitable to cut s/s, apply coolant or cooking oil to the tip and u have to get the shank. buy the 3/8" to suit your power drill.

    btw, I not bro, I am auntie la

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by gladyslim2 View Post
    no more HDB terrace shop at ang mo kio pk 3.

    the shop u mentioned shifted to Blk 38 Woodlands but cannot buy from them, they selling almost $40 bucks where you can get it $20/- or slightly more in other shops for the 98, 100 or 102mm dia.

    call to check price & stock: Chang Tai chiang at Ang Mo kio pk 2 opposite to NYP

    Fupizat at Blk 1 Yishun st 23 #01-01, they have a shop at Yishun chong pang market next to POSB

    It's not carbide, but suitable to cut s/s, apply coolant or cooking oil to the tip and u have to get the shank. buy the 3/8" to suit your power drill.

    btw, I not bro, I am auntie la

    Thx a lot for the details, auntie. u got good knowledge on hardware stuff.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by xorandor View Post
    FYI, none of the companies listed as selling "automotive paints" here sell vinyl dye - http://www.eguide.com.sg/productserv...pore,Asia.html

    This Tamiya spray paint for polycarbonate might be suitable for your use.

    refer to : www.stargek.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast