Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
ecko
ecko's Avatar
nilza.


Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 405
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
HELP. I think I've been SCAMMED. ecko Dec 29th, 06, 09:17 PM #1
Hey guys.

Recently I replied to this job ad. It's about home based typist job. The person who replied to my interest was stationed in Singapore ah. The name of the company is EJ Pte Ltd.

blablabla..

Then he told me in order to start work, to ensure I'm really serious in getting this job, I need to transfer $20 to his POSB account. I got his account number.

Now after 2-3 days and transferring the money to his account, I still get no reply from him.

What can I do? Should I wait longer? If he dares to play with me, I'll **** HIM up, centre, down, left and right!

BROS I NEED UR HELP!


I'm just a girl.
sg.png
gunners46
gunners46's Avatar
flyboy


Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 967
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
gunners46 Dec 29th, 06, 09:18 PM #2
u are lucky, its only 20 bucks...
GuNz
sg.png
freestyler_andy
freestyler_andy's Avatar
freestyle


Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 5,544
Trade rep: 48 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
freestyler_andy Dec 29th, 06, 09:20 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko
Hey guys.

Recently I replied to this job ad. It's about home based typist job. The person who replied to my interest was stationed in Singapore ah. The name of the company is EJ Pte Ltd.

blablabla..

Then he told me in order to start work, to ensure I'm really serious in getting this job, I need to transfer $20 to his POSB account. I got his account number.

Now after 2-3 days and transferring the money to his account, I still get no reply from him.

What can I do? Should I wait longer? If he dares to play with me, I'll **** HIM up, centre, down, left and right!

BROS I NEED UR HELP!
its already fishy when he ask you to transfer $20 to his bank account to ensure you are serious. if he still does not contact you then report to the police and POSB.
sg.png
martinchua
martinchua's Avatar
Registered User


Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 55,372
Trade rep: 7 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
martinchua Dec 29th, 06, 09:21 PM #4
why in the world ?
sg.png
Mew 夢....


Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 守口市
Posts: 31,022
Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Mew Dec 29th, 06, 09:22 PM #5
A search on the ACRA online directory shows no such company

http://www.acra.gov.sg/general/directory.html
sg.png
ecko
ecko's Avatar
nilza.


Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 405
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ecko Dec 29th, 06, 09:22 PM #6
he can't run away, am i rite? i got his account number.
sg.png
Mew 夢....


Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 守口市
Posts: 31,022
Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Mew Dec 29th, 06, 09:24 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko
he can't run away, am i rite? i got his account number.
proving that he took ur 20 dollars... now that would be the hard part.

He could have said u bought something from him or smthing and that 20 was payment.
sg.png
ecko
ecko's Avatar
nilza.


Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 405
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ecko Dec 29th, 06, 09:27 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew
proving that he took ur 20 dollars... now that would be the hard part.

He could have said u bought something from him or smthing and that 20 was payment.
we communicated through email. i can show the police the email?
sg.png
ecko
ecko's Avatar
nilza.


Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 405
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
ecko Dec 29th, 06, 09:28 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler_andy
its already fishy when he ask you to transfer $20 to his bank account to ensure you are serious. if he still does not contact you then report to the police and POSB.
thanks man. i will do that.
sg.png
dollargood Registered User


Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sembawang
Posts: 1,739
Trade rep: 2 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
dollargood Dec 29th, 06, 09:36 PM #10
But if make Police report, think need to pay $20 admin charges?
Wat I mean is to let it go -treat it as a lesson tat cost u $20(Thank God already)
sg.png
Last edited by dollargood; Dec 29th, 06 at 09:44 PM..
gongkia2000 Registered User


Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 19,633
Trade rep: 9 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
gongkia2000 Dec 29th, 06, 09:36 PM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollargood
But if make Police report, think need to pay $20 admin charges?
sg.png
freestyler_andy
freestyler_andy's Avatar
freestyle


Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 5,544
Trade rep: 48 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
freestyler_andy Dec 29th, 06, 09:53 PM #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollargood
But if make Police report, think need to pay $20 admin charges?
Wat I mean is to let it go -treat it as a lesson tat cost u $20(Thank God already)
you do? i made a report when i lost a donation card a few yrs ago it was free leh...
sg.png
Xeenslayer
Xeenslayer's Avatar
Registered User


Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pasir Ris
Posts: 3,791
Trade rep: 3 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Xeenslayer Dec 29th, 06, 10:00 PM #13
I think just treat the 20 bucks as a lesson loh, you're lucky that it's only 20. Mew is right - hard to prove that he took your money. My dad got cheated by a friend who's a car-dealer when he changed car. It was 16k I believe, and there was no way to get it back because in the midst of all the transactions and documents he signed, it became hard for us to prove that he had indeed cheated our money. Well, what could we do... from then on I everyday only spend $1.60 on noodles in school. Meh, these things happen pretty often I guess. Just suay lah.
sg.png
dollargood Registered User


Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sembawang
Posts: 1,739
Trade rep: 2 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
dollargood Dec 29th, 06, 10:00 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler_andy
you do? i made a report when i lost a donation card a few yrs ago it was free leh...
i also duno...no go police station long long time...only last change my IC....5-10ys back......anyway just hope everyone here be good and honest lor....but $20 for wat...also wants to cheat....poor thing
sg.png
dollargood Registered User


Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sembawang
Posts: 1,739
Trade rep: 2 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
dollargood Dec 29th, 06, 10:03 PM #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeenslayer
I think just treat the 20 bucks as a lesson loh, you're lucky that it's only 20. Mew is right - hard to prove that he took your money. My dad got cheated by a friend who's a car-dealer when he changed car. It was 16k I believe, and there was no way to get it back because in the midst of all the transactions and documents he signed, it became hard for us to prove that he had indeed cheated our money. Well, what could we do... from then on I everyday only spend $1.60 on noodles in school. Meh, these things happen pretty often I guess. Just suay lah.
Take care Bro.....sad case..
sg.png
Thread Tools Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode