Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
chipmunk

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Finance Internship in JM Morgan Stanley India chipmunk May 25th, 07, 06:27 PM #1
Company: JM Morgan Stanley India Pvt Ltd. (http://www.jmmorganstanley.com/)

A brief note about the company: JM Morgan Stanley is a pre-eminent financial services firm in India, which is a joint venture between JM Financial, with a strong domestic franchise, and Morgan Stanley having international experience and expertise. With our skills and expertise, we help our clients achieve their financial and investment aspirations..

Nos. of positions: 1

Brief Description of the Internship projects or assignments: Corporate Finance or Global Capital Markets or Mergers Acquisitions and Restructuring Division in Investment Banking

Requirement: (Any Degree with Finance Major. Students who have completed year 2 and 3 can apply)

Period of internship: 11 June to 17Aug (10 weeks)
Deadline for application: 29 May 2007

Stipend: The stipend would be Rs. 5,000 (about SGD 175) per month. (Rs 12,500 for the entire term)

Accommodation: NO Accommodation will be provided.

天将降大任于斯人也,必先苦其心志,劳其筋骨,饿其体肤,空乏其身,行拂乱其所为,所以动心忍性,增益其所不能
sg.png
Gollum Registered User

Trade rep: 21 (100%)
Gollum May 25th, 07, 06:29 PM #2
Lol
"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -- Voltaire His last words on his death bed when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.
sg.png
chipmunk

chipmunk May 25th, 07, 06:29 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum
Lol
y

the compensation is too little huh ?
sg.png
Mew 夢....

Mew May 25th, 07, 06:30 PM #4
wow.. tts even lower thn my internship pay
sg.png
chipmunk

chipmunk May 25th, 07, 06:31 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew
wow.. tts even lower thn my internship pay
think 5k rupees is a lot in the local context lah.
sg.png
qwerty69 Registered User

Trade rep: 20 (100%)
qwerty69 May 25th, 07, 06:58 PM #6
The experience might be good but a similar internship in China if available will be better. US, Europe no need say lagi better.

| I7 920, Asus P6T6 WS Revo, Corsair DDR3-1600, XFX GTX-295, Dell 2407WFP, Intel X25M x 2 Raid0
+ WD Caviar Black x 4 Raid5 ~ Areca 1231ML Raid Card, Enermax Revo 1050W, Alcadia XR1 Black Knight |

Water Cooling : DDC-2 x 2 with Petra Tops, TFC120.2/TC120.3, Koolance 350AT/NX295, Mips mobo blocks, S-Flex fans.
sg.png
burnz
zoom zoom...

Trade rep: 13 (100%)
burnz May 25th, 07, 07:22 PM #7
here's a piece of advice from a fellow s'porean who's actually living and working here in mumbai.

honestly 5k rupees is hardly enough for s'pore student interns, especially if accommodation is not provided. don't even get me started on the ridiculous real estate prices here. for the amount i pay for my apartment here, i can rent a bloody penthouse in orchard road/cairnhill area already. and mind you, my place is not even comparable to my condo in s'pore.

it's true that for locals, 5k rupees goes a long way. provided you're prepared to eat street side food and lao sai everyday, take crowded local trains etc, otherwise you'll easily use up 5k in a week.

i know some of the NUS/NTU students who are interning here, not easy for them. not to mention sometimes the local company here pays their salary late (or forget to pay). but most of them come with their eyes wide open, it's not abt the $$ but more so for the experience.
in.png
Last edited by burnz; May 25th, 07 at 07:24 PM..
weib
Siao unker.

Trade rep: 46 (100%)
weib May 25th, 07, 07:57 PM #8
cost of living is extremely low at india.
I remember i went there for overseas exercise.
all i needed to survive a day was SGD$2
and i had a nice lunch+dinner+surf internet. lol

but end of the day its the lifestyle you choose and the challenge you wish to take up.
sg.png
burnz
zoom zoom...

burnz May 25th, 07, 08:07 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by weib
cost of living is extremely low at india.
I remember i went there for overseas exercise.
all i needed to survive a day was SGD$2
and i had a nice lunch+dinner+surf internet. lol

but end of the day its the lifestyle you choose and the challenge you wish to take up.
i dunno which part of india u went to, but here in mumbai, it is not cheap at all. in fact, it's downright expensive. office space is now the 3rd most expensive in the world (after london and tokyo), even more than NY and S'pore. residential is ridiculous too, easily S$6k per mth for a HDB 5room quality type of apartment. restaurants are same price as s'pore, and there's hardly any decent foodcourt type of establishments. basically, expensive to live like a normal s'porean.

that said, if can live like local and your stomach can tahan, then it can still be quite cheap
in.png
chipmunk

chipmunk May 25th, 07, 08:09 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
i dunno which part of india u went to, but here in mumbai, it is not cheap at all. in fact, it's downright expensive. office space is now the 3rd most expensive in the world (after london and tokyo), even more than NY and S'pore. residential is ridiculous too, easily S$6k per mth for a HDB 5room quality type of apartment. restaurants are same price as s'pore, and there's hardly any decent foodcourt type of establishments. basically, expensive to live like a normal s'porean.

that said, if can live like local and your stomach can tahan, then it can still be quite cheap
Drink more coke. The best medicine for diarrhoea
sg.png
idontknow
the random user

idontknow May 25th, 07, 08:24 PM #11
175?!
sg.png
burnz
zoom zoom...

burnz May 25th, 07, 08:37 PM #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunk
Drink more coke. The best medicine for diarrhoea
hahaha... issit?? i nv tried before... i survive on po chai pills here
a few rules to maintain a healthy tummy here:
- drink only bottled water (i know other s'poreans who are careful until they rinse their mouth with bottled water for brushing teeth)
- never ask for ice when u order drinks (u dunno what kinda water they use to make the ice)
- drink beer/alcohol with food (helps kill germs)
in.png
burnz
zoom zoom...

burnz May 25th, 07, 08:38 PM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknow
175?!
do-able lah... for locals lah... to give u an idea, my office boy earns abt $120 per mth... my driver earns abt $350-400 per mth...
in.png
chipmunk

chipmunk May 25th, 07, 08:44 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
hahaha... issit?? i nv tried before... i survive on po chai pills here
a few rules to maintain a healthy tummy here:
- drink only bottled water (i know other s'poreans who are careful until they rinse their mouth with bottled water for brushing teeth)
- never ask for ice when u order drinks (u dunno what kinda water they use to make the ice)
- drink beer/alcohol with food (helps kill germs)
Yup it works but u need to shake off the gases first. Erm learnt that knowledge from my internship
sg.png
burnz
zoom zoom...

burnz May 25th, 07, 08:48 PM #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunk
Yup it works but u need to shake off the gases first. Erm learnt that knowledge from my internship
when were u here?
i've been here for a year liao... can almost say now that my stomach is indian-ised already
Productivity - iMac 27" | Asus 1000HE |

Home Theatre - Optoma HD65 720p projector with Mac Mini 2.16G HTPC | PS3 40Gb | Audioengine A5 | Logitech Squeezebox Duet |
in.png
Linear Mode Linear Mode