Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
Gollum Registered User

Trade rep: 21 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Gollum Nov 1st, 11, 11:11 AM #16
why do that?

i practice this

Parent : "Ah-ger, don't run. You will slip and fall..." - 1st time
Parent : "Ah-ger, don't run. You will slip and fall..." - 2nd time
Son : "... *piak*~!.... wahhh h uhu hu huhuh..."
Parent : "WAHAHAHAHAHAH told u so...so funny"
Son : "......"

doesnt happen again
"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -- Voltaire His last words on his death bed when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.
sg.png
Thanks for this useful post: Nov 1st, 11, from booest, Nov 1st, 11, from cygig, Nov 1st, 11, from Maruku, Nov 2nd, 11, from terence52
PaulKami
Neighbourhood Cat

Trade rep: 6 (100%)
PaulKami Nov 1st, 11, 11:15 AM #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by booest View Post
you are not a parent... and you already started on your nephew...

THINK if it were your kid... i tell you ... it will be worst.
so.... take a step back and THINK

also... maybe talking to your parent helps
Indeed I thought so too... -_-;; If it's my child... jia latz... -_-;;

I've talked to my parents so many times before already -_-;; It's their mentality of wanting something to be done badly that started their nagging, and my mentality of "my pace" which I 'counteract' against their nagging. I understand it very well -_-;;

But personality wise, both for my parents and me, I think it's not something that can be changed a day or 2. Sometimes, trust is more important. If my parents trust me in 'doing', and I trust my parents in allowing me to 'do', then nagging will not happen. Same thing goes to my nephew (except they are young and initiatives are not a priority to them).
Kami = 紙 (Paper)
Kami != 神 (God)
sg.png
Shrek Ogre

Trade rep: 36 (100%)
Shrek Nov 1st, 11, 11:29 AM #18
and the cycles continue. you children will post the same thread again when they have kids
Main : | 3570k 4.5 ghz | Gigabyte Z77 G1 Sniper 3 | Samsung 30nm 4x4gb 2133 CL 9 1.5v | Gigabyte Windforce 7950/GTX770 | HD204UI + ST31000528AS + Crucial M4 256GB | Stacker Clone | HX620 | 3007WFP-HC| Wave Pro |

sg.png
Shrek Ogre

Trade rep: 36 (100%)
Shrek Nov 1st, 11, 11:30 AM #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
why do that?

i practice this

Parent : "Ah-ger, don't run. You will slip and fall..." - 1st time
Parent : "Ah-ger, don't run. You will slip and fall..." - 2nd time
Son : "... *piak*~!.... wahhh h uhu hu huhuh..."
Parent : "WAHAHAHAHAHAH told u so...so funny"
Son : "......"

doesnt happen again
I didn't know you call your son ah ger.
Main : | 3570k 4.5 ghz | Gigabyte Z77 G1 Sniper 3 | Samsung 30nm 4x4gb 2133 CL 9 1.5v | Gigabyte Windforce 7950/GTX770 | HD204UI + ST31000528AS + Crucial M4 256GB | Stacker Clone | HX620 | 3007WFP-HC| Wave Pro |

sg.png
Thanks for this useful post: Nov 1st, 11, from DynamiteZerg, Nov 1st, 11, from leandro, Nov 3rd, 11, from sentinel011
Gollum Registered User

Gollum Nov 1st, 11, 11:32 AM #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
cut and paste...lol
"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -- Voltaire His last words on his death bed when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.
sg.png
Del_CtrlnoAlt

Trade rep: 7 (100%)
Del_CtrlnoAlt Nov 1st, 11, 11:33 AM #21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
LOL!!! Ti-Ger....
sg.png
Gollum Registered User

Gollum Nov 1st, 11, 11:35 AM #22
seriously why nag...

let them learn for themselves slippery path run = fall

cross road dont want hold hand..smack one time pain pain one settled for at least 6mths.

dont listen, take away ipad privileges = done deal
'
cause and effect
sg.png
leandro
CcCyraCostaCrizCory

Trade rep: 2 (100%)
leandro Nov 1st, 11, 11:38 AM #23
My parents couldn't be bothered anymore because I've learn to siam!

"Walao you do this very ___ leh.." "Orh.. ___ lor. Also not gonna ___ for very long"

"Go and bathe I wanna sleep already!" "I bathe in kitchen toilet la. Goodnight."

After almost 20 years they decided to give up.
sg.png
Gollum Registered User

Gollum Nov 1st, 11, 11:40 AM #24
actually i have a real life example.

me : "time to do ur maths"
son : cry....whine end up never do
me bring him to better toy store. choose the nicest train set which he doesnt have...bought it...
son : for me??!!!
me brought him to his cousin house : nah u dont want do maths and never listen. train set is for ur cousin.

he has never refused to do maths anymore.
sg.png
Thanks to Gollum for this useful post! Nov 1st, 11, from booest
SYY
Retired Member of NYDB!

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
SYY Nov 1st, 11, 11:42 AM #25
though i also hate their constant nagging, bud i do understand their point behind it and i do cherish them b/c at least i know they still cared about me and know that i will still listen to them and cherish their advices...
Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
| Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |
sg.png
cygig
ZOMBiE

Trade rep: 4 (100%)
cygig Nov 1st, 11, 12:08 PM #26
I think there are different kind of nag, yours is merely repeated warning, and you nag because your daughter isn't following your instructions.

There are parents who nag even when their kids are already following instructions. Also, some of them "nag" by liking to drag their sentences and some are just purely poor at expression.

Mom: Ah boy, you know hor, you must close the window when it rains. If not hor, later the floor all wet. Remember leh, raining must close windows. When you close windows that time, remember to close fully. Ok ah, I going out now already ah, remember ah, if raining must close window ah, if not hor, later come back floor wet I got to wipe. That time the aunty floor wet fall down hor, in hopsital leh. Close window ah.

Son:.....

Mom: *Goes out to market*

*Thunder Lightning RAIN!*

Son: Closes window, lock.

Mom: *Comes back from market* Wah, you remembered to close window, if not hor, now floor all wet already. Eh I bought this toufu you like one. Wah, I dunno really will rain leh, if water gets in ah, floor wet can fall down known. So you remember ah, next time hor, when I go out, you need to close window. Sometimes hor, I forget to remind you, I will sms you, but hor just try to remember hor, always close window.

Son: ......
sg.png
cinabolic
Known for Crazy Ideas.

Trade rep: 62 (100%)
cinabolic Nov 1st, 11, 12:20 PM #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cygig View Post
I think there are different kind of nag, yours is merely repeated warning, and you nag because your daughter isn't following your instructions.

There are parents who nag even when their kids are already following instructions. Also, some of them "nag" by liking to drag their sentences and some are just purely poor at expression.

Mom: Ah boy, you know hor, you must close the window when it rains. If not hor, later the floor all wet. Remember leh, raining must close windows. When you close windows that time, remember to close fully. Ok ah, I going out now already ah, remember ah, if raining must close window ah, if not hor, later come back floor wet I got to wipe. That time the aunty floor wet fall down hor, in hopsital leh. Close window ah.

Son:.....

Mom: *Goes out to market*

*Thunder Lightning RAIN!*

Son: Closes window, lock.

Mom: *Comes back from market* Wah, you remembered to close window, if not hor, now floor all wet already. Eh I bought this toufu you like one. Wah, I dunno really will rain leh, if water gets in ah, floor wet can fall down known. So you remember ah, next time hor, when I go out, you need to close window. Sometimes hor, I forget to remind you, I will sms you, but hor just try to remember hor, always close window.

Son: ......
I get that sometimes. From a warrant officer.
sg.png
ThreeM
Self-Proclaimed Crazy :D

Trade rep: 11 (100%)
ThreeM Nov 1st, 11, 01:49 PM #28
my time practice,

Eh don't run ah~
I SAY DON'T RUN!

NEXT THING CRY LIAO..

Not because the kid fall.. Because the parent pinch their buttocks or leg, or hand...

That's what my mum did...
!!!HELLO!!!
I'm Friendly.
I Won't Bite.
I'm not Suarez.
sg.png
Arugula Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Arugula Nov 1st, 11, 04:19 PM #29
Actually I don't mind the nagging, its such a small thing seriously, in the bigger picture. There are usually more important stuff to be resolve between parents and childern.
"There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing" - David, Prometheus

Give you chicken leg, take back whole chicken.

"Weak people are ugly, weak Senju are even more ugly" - Madara Uchiha

AMD Opteron 170 | CM GeminII S | Abit 3rd Eye AV8 | 2GB Ram | Saphire HD3850 AGP | WIN XP Pro SP3 | Lian Li PC60+
sg.png
koohansen
Homo sapiens

Trade rep: 13 (100%)
koohansen Nov 1st, 11, 04:33 PM #30
Now a days kids skin are thicker
pampered too much
Intel Core i7 2600k | ASUS Z68V Pro | ASUS GTX460 TOP 1GB DDR5 | 16GB Kingston DDR III 1333 | DELL 24" 2407-HC | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB x 2 RAID 0 + WD Black 1TB + WD AVGP 2TB | LG 22x DVD Writer | Cooler Master CM690 | Aerocool 650W Modular | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music | Logitech Z906 5.1 THX
us.png
Thanks to koohansen for this useful post! Nov 1st, 11, from wwenze
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads