Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[YT] Iraq Military Parade 2012 استعراض الجيش العراقي

Last edited by bigsale; Jan 18th, 12 at 07:34 AM.

WTH!!! They've inherited Abrams and Humvees from the Americans?

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

x4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Clearing watercooling and misc parts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    is ns really that hard???

The same old shit all over again. Remember when the USA armed Saddam to fight against Khomeini . These ang mo never learn.

Cheers.

夫以銅為鏡,可以正衣冠;以古為鏡,可以知興替;以人為鏡,可以明得失。

... Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him, or give it up. This is not a game of cards, this is your life and mine. I have spend the whole lifetime building these. As long as I am in charge, nobody is going to knock it down ...
    - Mr Lee Kuan Yew, 1923 - 2015

礼义廉耻,国之四维。四维不张,国乃灭亡。

Lotsa surplus US army equipment?

M1 Abrams, Humvees, Bell UH-1 Huey, M109 155mm SP Howitzer and I think I saw the M198 155mm howitzer.

Hey Phil, ya I heard from Wikipedia that the US gave them some M1 Abrams but it was downgraded

Also agree that the US shouldn't have kicked Saddam's ass...then we don't have to worry about Iran
    Source: J River MC 20, AIFF files
    DAC: Bryston BDA-2 DAC
    Pre-amp / Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1
    Power: Isotek Evo 3 Power Conditioner, Isotek Evo 3 Power Cords, Silver-plated copper power cords, Monster Powerline 400
    Interconnects: Mogami W2549, Cardas Clear USB cable
    Speakers: Adam Audio Artist 5
    Headphone: Sennheiser HD800
    IEM: Shure 425

war = income opportunity.
    My Rig:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHZ/Asus P5Q Pro/Corsair HX-620W/HIS HD4850 IceQ4 512MB DDR3/Corsair PC2-6400 XMS2/DHX DDR2-800 4GB Kit (2x2GB)/Cooler Master V8
    OS drive: G.Skill Phoenix Pro 60GB
    Data : WDC black 500GB

"
    If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.
    Bill Gates

"

Getting rid of old tech and selling it to oil-rich countries for cash/"friendship". Good deal for US since it has been noted on Jane's that they are to replace Humvee with vehicle with better armour against IEDs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humvee_replacement_process

M1A3 Prototype. Supposedly to have stealth feature.

Notice the Iraqi Abrams have no explosive armour.
    Last edited by cinabolic; Jan 18th, 12 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlyf_2011 View Post
    Lotsa surplus US army equipment?

M1 Abrams, Humvees, Bell UH-1 Huey, M109 155mm SP Howitzer and I think I saw the M198 155mm howitzer.

Hey Phil, ya I heard from Wikipedia that the US gave them some M1 Abrams but it was downgraded

Its still a bloody good deal. But those Abrams look like the older A1 model. Not the latest A2 config.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

x4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Quote Originally Posted by pcfool View Post
    war = income opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by cinabolic View Post
    Getting rid of old tech and selling it to oil-rich countries for cash/"friendship". Good deal for US since it has been noted on Jane's that they are to replace Humvee with vehicle with better armour against IEDs.

Money money money.

"BAGHDAD, Sept. 6, 2011 -- The final shipment of M1A1 Abrams tanks, purchased by the Iraqi government, arrived at Besmaya Combat Training Center mid-August. The delivery included the last five of the 140 tanks ordered by the Iraqi government through a Foreign Military Sales agreement with the U.S."

Iraqi Army receives last shipment of Abrams tanks | Article | The United States Army

Reactive armor can be installed on all models. I believe it is based on a "bolt on" design.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Reactive armor can be installed on all models. I believe it is based on a "bolt on" design.

Phil
    Yep not to difficult to get the reactive armor from a "willing" third party supplier.

Cheers.

夫以銅為鏡,可以正衣冠;以古為鏡,可以知興替;以人為鏡,可以明得失。

... Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him, or give it up. This is not a game of cards, this is your life and mine. I have spend the whole lifetime building these. As long as I am in charge, nobody is going to knock it down ...
    - Mr Lee Kuan Yew, 1923 - 2015

礼义廉耻,国之四维。四维不张,国乃灭亡。

AFAIK the marine corps armour battalions still uses the A1 version, with no intention of upgrading anytime soon. Remember the stunts Uncle Sam pulls that comes back to bite him in the butt? (Supplying stingers to Osama)

With the volatile situation in the Middle East, and great anti-america sentiments, in the not too distant future, these Iraqi abrams can be engaging their American counterparts.
    i5-4670k | H100i | Asus MVIG | TridentX 16GB | EVGA Gtx 680 |
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    | Corsair 350D | Seasonic XP-860 | Asus Xonar STX

AktiMate Micro

Possible... but i doubt the Iraqis can seamlessly interoperate American and Soviet war machines in the battlefield.

Number superiority and big guns are passe in the 3G digital warfare era.

Phil

Phil
    Haha, it isn't as "Wile E. Coyote" easy as it is. Reactive armour is based on the concept of using explosive to "deflect" shells. The only reactive toy they have mastered are IEDs.

Haha, it isn't as "Wile E. Coyote" easy as it is. Reactive armour is based on the concept of using explosive to "deflect" shells. The only reactive toy they have mastered are IEDs.
    I would suggest you do more reading because reactive armor is only effective against HEAT rounds and not all shells in general. Such add on armor offers very little protection against sabot rounds.

Phil

I would suggest you do more reading because reactive armor is only effective against HEAT rounds and not all shells in general. Such add on armor offers very little protection against sabot rounds.

Phil
    Haha. I generalised. OF COURSE THE SABOT ROUNDS WOULD PENETRATE! Those rounds are like punching amour with a "poison" dart"; anyone inside that tank will be reporting to grim reaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast