Bochup
    1%

Ewww!
    0%

So Sad
    0%

Enraged
    70%

PRC scholar Sun Xu is facing calls for his MOE scholarship to be revoked over comments he made online. He has also been counselled by NUS and is due to face a disciplinary board for breach of the university's code of conduct.

The 25-year-old has since apologised and taken his comments down from social networking site Weibo, calling them 'insensitive and inappropriate'. He had posted the comments originally on Feb 18.

In an earlier article, STOMPer dermatog had came across Sun Xu's online post complaining about Singapore 'uncles' who stare and complain when you brush past them. He also said that 'there are more dogs than humans here'.

STOMPer NoFreeLunch wrote:

"Good job NUS, for taking a serious view on this guy's conduct. I think there is a limit to how much people should get away with.

"This 25-year-old scholar clearly does not value his position here. He studies on taxpayers' expense, yet still has the gall to make such derogatory statements about people here.

"I'm happy to hear that NUS has decided to haul him up for disciplinary action. I hope these findings will be made public, as I wish to know whether someone like him will continue to study here at our government's expense.

"His flippant comment shows his prejudices against local people here. You don't expect a leopard to change its stripes so easily."

STOMPer Ashley wrote:

"This Sun Xu feller should really be expelled from NUS. His comments are uncalled for, and really show that he has no love for our country or its people.

"Do you expect him to suddenly develop a sense of patriotism towards Singapore as soon as he graduates?

"Nonsense. This guy should lose his scholarship with immediate effect, as a strong signal to foreigners that we want only those who genuinely wish to make a life here.

"Imagine if someone like this becomes a teacher or gets into a position of power at MOE. There's no telling what he'll try to pull. Remember, it will be your sons and daughters who will be studying or working under this guy in the future."

It is sad to have a scholar with poor attitude, knowing and living in his own nutshelf, ignoring external feelings, caring on his own imaginations and selfish thoughts, irregardless of how people may reacted thru his undesirable outspoken words which caused an outburst, disrespectful to the people of my own country.
    Even when we travel to other country, we shown due respect to the people.
    It is really very shameful for him to do that, he embarrassed his own country by doing that.
    Blacklist: Biff73
    Often criticism is experienced as a narcissistic injury(Narcissistic personality disorder), low self esteem, cannot except but take offence.
    ~~~ A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches!!! ~~~
    i7 980X OC with Ex58 UD3R thread.
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/overclocke...processor.html
    My MystiQue CM case : http://forums.vr-zone.com/hardware-depot/262828-win-great-prizes-showing-your-coolermaster-case.html
    System Specs 1 & 2: (SNiper3/3770K/G.Skill 4GBx4 2400MHzCL9/AmD6870/SevenTeam1400W/Open Rig (M5G/3770K/Samsung4Gbx4 2400MHz/470GTX/320Gb/Acebel 550w/Samsung2333sw)
    My New world record: http://www.3dmark.com/competitions/MSI-OpOc/
    http://community.futuremark.com/foru...verclock/page4

My Past & present Toys : Intel 630/830/940/4300/E6300/E6600/Using2140/6750/8400/E3110/E2160/E7200/E8400 Q816A275/E8400Eo Q827A429/E8500Eo Q820A713/E8500Eo Q822a720/Q6600Go/i920Co/i920Do3848/i980x 3003A957/i750/3960X/3930K/3770K x 3/3570K

overkill to revoke his policy. stop policy for other prc scholars so that his fellow tiongs can blame him!

I think whoever paid for his scholarship would just turn on a deaf ears...*sic

Quote Originally Posted by iamthecleaner View Post
    overkill to revoke his policy. stop policy for other prc scholars so that his fellow tiongs can blame him!
    yeah, kill ur enemy using the hands of others.....hehe

1 revoke, millions more coming to replace him.

Even a dog knows not to bite the hand that feeds it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Wah...later that scholar petition for your vrzone membership to be revoke how?

Quote Originally Posted by Ideasmiths View Post
    Wah...later that scholar petition for your vrzone membership to be revoke how?
    On what basis? Is VRZone a PRC company which he paid monthly fees to, which VRzone then used to pay me?

But no, I am not calling him a dog. I'm saying that being ungrateful is a behaviour worse than a dog's. I dislike his behaviour, but I do not hate him as a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    u forgotten the problem those that feed him are not singaporean.... they are elites

im willing to bet $1 that they gonna drag these till he graduate or till everyone forgotten about it .... just like the pinoy that insulted us

How come no one stand forth n explain the rational of paying for them when they insulted the citizens as a whole.

We are paying hundreds of thousands for such 'talented' people and yet we are getting this?

Looks like all going to be down play by garmen red tape again...

To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to do.

I bet MOE will issue the following statement:

It is a HONEST MISTAKE.....