Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
CoralRed
I need more foods...

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Fishy Business at Element CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 10:23 PM #1
Bought the voucher online for $38.80 nett so we are off fishing for the Chilean Sea Bass at the Element Restaurant early this month.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Playing the waiting game at Straits Cafe
My cheap S$25 lunch at Edge
Family gathering at Gim Tim Restaurant

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.
sg.png
Last edited by CoralRed; Apr 10th, 12 at 10:27 PM..
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 10:27 PM #2
Slipper Lobsters - Passable freshness but don't expect juicy succulent flesh.

Prawns and Mussels

Oysters

Latest Makan's pictures:

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.
sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 10:40 PM #3
The spread here were kind of limited and some dishes were placed on pedestals so shaky that the heavy porcelain plates might topple anytime.

Scallops - These were smaller than the usual size that you seen in other buffets but still quite edible.

Assorted Sushi - Left out to dry in the open so these were not acceptable to me.

Each of the diner was entitled to half a Pan Fried Spiny Lobster which you have to order through the waiter.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 10:50 PM #4
Hot Dishes from left - Lamb Chop which was very tough; Bamboo Clam, some which were dried out; Curry Chicken and Ham which I like as it's tender yet both sweetish and savory.

Love the Ee Mee but hate the Sea Cucumber as it was quite hard as if it was not soaked long enough.

Duck Breast which was moist and flavourful from the accompanying sauce.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 10:59 PM #5
One of the two items we came here for - Baked Chilean Sea Bass has an oily yet firm flesh. All of us were mostly interested in "kopping" the skin area which was most fatty. Do note, since it's an oily fish, taking too much of it might cause tummy ache.

Quote:
The Chilean Sea Bass, also known as the Patagonian Toothfish, is a pretty popular fish at the nicer restaurants. However, it’s also one that is not only overfished, but also caught using damaging fishing practices like longlining – which kills sea birds – and bottom trawling – which damages delicate habitat. Plus, the high mercury content is a turn off.

Tempura Prawns and Soft Shell Carbs which surprisingly was very good with thin layer of batter. Best eaten with the sweet and sour chilli that they provided on the side.

Roast Lamb - Too tough for everyone with hardly any fats.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 11:06 PM #6
Assorted Cold Cuts

Assorted Breads

Assorted Cheeses - Most of us liked the top right cheese which boasted a garlicky flavour much akin to garlic spread for bread.

Pan Fried Spiny Lobster - My lobster had flesh stuck to the shell.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 11:09 PM #7

Baked Chilean Sea Bass was yummy with it smoky charred skin.

Slipper Lobster

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 11:13 PM #8
Banana Pie - I remembered Toons saying the banana were hard.

Mousse Cake - Silky smooth and creamy but not overly sweet.

Green Tea Cake

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 11:20 PM #9
Blueberries Cake

The other item we were here for was the Cempedak Cake. This cake is best eaten frozen like ice cream cake. The bits and pieces of Cempedak fruit gave it a crunchy texture to the otherwise icy cold mousse topped cake.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 10th, 12, 11:24 PM #10
Beautiful chocolate sculpture with roses of varies shade of red and pink.

Assorted Cakes

Chocolate Brownies

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed Apr 11th, 12, 09:41 AM #11

Macarons and Chocolate Pralines

Overall the foods I only liked the Baked Chilean Sea Bass, Vegetarian Abalone and Cempedak Cake. The rest either cannot make it or so so only. Finally there was no service to speak of, our water was not top up even though we were seated next to their service counter, their wait staffs just stand around there. We have to keep asking them to top up water plus they are slow in clearing the plates even though there weren't many diners. I wondered how they got the Gold Plate award.
Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
Last edited by CoralRed; Apr 11th, 12 at 09:55 AM..
Dark Templer

Trade rep: 42 (100%)
Dark Templer Apr 11th, 12, 09:54 AM #12
business mah... want to advertise must work harder after received the awards bye bye liao...
System 1

Intel C2D E8400, Gigabyte E45-UD3LR, Extreme Dark 2 X 2GB 1066FSB, ATI 4830 512MB DDR3, LG DVD Writer 22X Lighscribe, Creative X-Fi Elite Pro, Seagate 400 SATA, SAMSUNG 320 SATA , ATX Casing with 4x 12cm Fan, 1x 80cm Fan, ION 450Watt Power Supply, Samsung 2032MW 20" LCD TV, Creative DTT2500, Windows 7 Professional.

System 2

Intel C2D Q6600, GA P35-DS2L, Extreme Dark 2 X 2GB DDR1066, Xfx 9600GT 512MB DDR3, 18X LG DVD Writer SATA, WD 1TB Green 64MB, Cooler Master 330 with 700watt, LG Flatron W43 series LCD, Symphone Amp, Creative Megaworks 2.1, Windows 7 Pro.
sg.png
Gollum Registered User

Trade rep: 21 (100%)
Gollum Apr 11th, 12, 10:08 AM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post

Overall the foods I only liked the Baked Chilean Sea Bass, Vegetarian Abalone and Cempedak Cake. The rest either cannot make it or so so only. Finally there was no service to speak of, our water was not top up even though we were seated next to their service counter, their wait staffs just stand around there. We have to keep asking them to top up water plus they are slow in clearing the plates even though there weren't many diners. I wondered how they got the Gold Plate award.

doesnt look nice...place probably buy loads of advertising space in the magazine
"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -- Voltaire His last words on his death bed when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.
sg.png
booest
集中精神, 闭关修行

Trade rep: 62 (100%)
booest Apr 11th, 12, 10:20 AM #14
if good..... the place will not be empty.
display of food...... no where near what is expected from a place like this....
the kampong style sashimi is -_-"

Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
| i5ooest:i5-2500K cooldby Shuriken Rev-B | Gene-Z mATX | 4 x 4GB DDR3 | Veloci 600Gb | S12-600W |
| Alcadia X3 -Black fortified by Silent9 |2707WFP (16:10) |

sg.png
bluecoral
MCP,MCSA,MCSE,MCDBA,MSHIT

Trade rep: 3 (100%)
bluecoral Apr 11th, 12, 02:39 PM #15
hmm intercon still looks better lol thinking to go there or claymore but claymore plates of pleasure not very attractive lol
http://img.vrforums.com/asusrog_sig_banner.jpg
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads