Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
shard Senior Member

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
shard Apr 30th, 12, 09:19 PM #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zufarsk8 View Post
so call and tell the office i would like to schedule a meeting with the principal? do i have to go there with parents? i have already prepared all my colours award and achievement over the years.

sadly i dont know the coach that well
Ideally the coach should recognize all your awards and achievements right?

Call the office and ask to speak to either one of them, then explain your situation to them. It is really up to you to sell yourself and for them to feel that you will be a value add to the school. You can ask your parents to go along if you need the support. It works either way.

What about your old coach? Can you ask him for a recommendation?

The important thing is to not give up on your studies in your existing school. It will make your transition alot easier. It will be a waste if you get your transfer only to fail in your new school.
sg.png
reddevil0728

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
reddevil0728 Apr 30th, 12, 09:20 PM #17
Quote:
so call and tell the office i would like to schedule a meeting with the principal? do i have to go there with parents? i have already prepared all my colours award and achievement over the years.

sadly i dont know the coach that well
I think you should let them noe why u want to schedule a meeting with the principal. Maybe their procedure to transfer doesn't require to meet the principal. Ask them what you should.

I think you are old enough to handle this kind of things and dun really need your parents eh? But their presence there doesn't mean will increase ur chance whatsoever.
I will not procrastinate, I will start tomorrow!

Whatever floats your boat... It takes two hands to clap.
gb.png
zufarsk8 Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
zufarsk8 Apr 30th, 12, 11:24 PM #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by shard View Post
Ideally the coach should recognize all your awards and achievements right?

Call the office and ask to speak to either one of them, then explain your situation to them. It is really up to you to sell yourself and for them to feel that you will be a value add to the school. You can ask your parents to go along if you need the support. It works either way.

What about your old coach? Can you ask him for a recommendation?

The important thing is to not give up on your studies in your existing school. It will make your transition alot easier. It will be a waste if you get your transfer only to fail in your new school.
yes the coach will recognize the achievement. but ussualy gymnastics coach is external. i dont think he will be sitting in the office when he is not coaching. i really believe i can contribute significantly to their gymnastics team. i think im peeking now because out of a sudden i could do things i never could during my gymnastics career. i dont think i will bring my parents down.

hmmm i got a reccomendation from my old teacher in charge of gymnastics from my secondary school and will try to contact my coach.

yeah at the end education is the most important thing. i jut had my CAs dint do so well. had grades ranging from As to Ds
sg.png
zufarsk8 Registered User

zufarsk8 Apr 30th, 12, 11:26 PM #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil0728 View Post
I think you should let them noe why u want to schedule a meeting with the principal. Maybe their procedure to transfer doesn't require to meet the principal. Ask them what you should.

I think you are old enough to handle this kind of things and dun really need your parents eh? But their presence there doesn't mean will increase ur chance whatsoever.
hmm yes i will inform them whats the meeting for. but isnt all school transfer requires to talk to principal since Appeal period is long over?

hmmm yeah but the principal might want to ask question to my parents? im not really sure how all this works
sg.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 Apr 30th, 12, 11:33 PM #20
Quote:
hmm yes i will inform them whats the meeting for. but isnt all school transfer requires to talk to principal since Appeal period is long over?

hmmm yeah but the principal might want to ask question to my parents? im not really sure how all this works
Well diff sch diff policy maybe? That I can't say for sure.

Just go call the school general office and ask. doubt any of us here will be able to give u a point by point instructions on what you should do

gb.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 Apr 30th, 12, 11:33 PM #21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinabolic View Post
btw this is cheer leading, not gymnastic

gb.png
shard Senior Member

shard May 1st, 12, 12:57 AM #22
Quote:
yes the coach will recognize the achievement. but ussualy gymnastics coach is external. i dont think he will be sitting in the office when he is not coaching. i really believe i can contribute significantly to their gymnastics team. i think im peeking now because out of a sudden i could do things i never could during my gymnastics career. i dont think i will bring my parents down.

hmmm i got a reccomendation from my old teacher in charge of gymnastics from my secondary school and will try to contact my coach.

yeah at the end education is the most important thing. i jut had my CAs dint do so well. had grades ranging from As to Ds
Just go ahead and do it and don't second guess everything. It is a simple process, if you are a national gymnast and they have a gymnastic team/program there is no reason why they will turn you down.
sg.png
zufarsk8 Registered User

zufarsk8 May 1st, 12, 01:24 PM #23
Quote:
Just go ahead and do it and don't second guess everything. It is a simple process, if you are a national gymnast and they have a gymnastic team/program there is no reason why they will turn you down.
haha i dont know what to do actually so the process dint look simple. hmm yeah they do have a gymnastics team there and its their niche CCA however its not that reputable as the other schools they are against are HCJC and RJC

ok so now i just have to wait till wednessday to call them up and ask to meet principal to ask for transfer through gymnastics.
sg.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 May 1st, 12, 04:57 PM #24
Quote:
haha i dont know what to do actually so the process dint look simple. hmm yeah they do have a gymnastics team there and its their niche CCA however its not that reputable as the other schools they are against are HCJC and RJC

ok so now i just have to wait till wednessday to call them up and ask to meet principal to ask for transfer through gymnastics.
to be honest. i also never done it before. but the first thing that comes to mind is to of course contact the sch.

gb.png
shard Senior Member

shard May 1st, 12, 05:22 PM #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil0728 View Post
to be honest. i also never done it before. but the first thing that comes to mind is to of course contact the sch.
I did it twice:p

Act like an adult and they will treat you like one. Just go in there and tell them what you want. Your grades are good you have something they don't. The only problem now is that you are past the appeal or transfer period but not by much so you will most likely need approval from the principal. How you get to him/her is up to you, directly or through the gymnastic coach.

Put it this way, you don't ask and you don't try you will never know. At worst you will still be in your current position with no loss.
sg.png
zufarsk8 Registered User

zufarsk8 May 1st, 12, 05:51 PM #26
Quote:
I did it twice:p

Act like an adult and they will treat you like one. Just go in there and tell them what you want. Your grades are good you have something they don't. The only problem now is that you are past the appeal or transfer period but not by much so you will most likely need approval from the principal. How you get to him/her is up to you, directly or through the gymnastic coach.

Put it this way, you don't ask and you don't try you will never know. At worst you will still be in your current position with no loss.
so i just go to the office and tell them i would like to transfer? can i call? cause its weird if i go in and just tell them i want transfer to their school. hmm i think i will call the office and tell them and request a meeting with the principal. then during meeting i bring all my supporting document and try persuade her.

what was ur process like? which jc u changed from to which jc?
can we promise the school results? but what if we dont achieve it?
sg.png
shard Senior Member

shard May 1st, 12, 06:02 PM #27
Quote:
so i just go to the office and tell them i would like to transfer? can i call? cause its weird if i go in and just tell them i want transfer to their school. hmm i think i will call the office and tell them and request a meeting with the principal. then during meeting i bring all my supporting document and try persuade her.

what was ur process like? which jc u changed from to which jc?
can we promise the school results? but what if we dont achieve it?
As stated in previous posts, call first, you need to set up an appointment.

Long story short, I went from YJC to RJC and then ACJC and in the end I stayed in none of them because I went to the US. Process was painless except when I told ACJC principal I was going away, I felt bad for wasting a spot since he let me in.

It was not painful, just tell them what you want and why you want it. Dont promise anything you can't deliver.
sg.png
Last edited by shard; May 1st, 12 at 06:21 PM..
zufarsk8 Registered User

zufarsk8 May 1st, 12, 06:38 PM #28
haha alright i will call them up tomorrow.
wow omg? u must be some smart guy/girl
haha what did they ask during ur meet with principal?
sg.png
shard Senior Member

shard May 1st, 12, 06:44 PM #29
Quote:
haha alright i will call them up tomorrow.
wow omg? u must be some smart guy/girl
haha what did they ask during ur meet with principal?
Actually they all asked the same question, why do you want to attend my school? Why didn't you apply to begin with. Just be honest.
sg.png
zufarsk8 Registered User

zufarsk8 May 1st, 12, 06:52 PM #30
hahaha im so scared and nervous
whats my chances of getting in? did u apply after appeal process?
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads