Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
CoralRed
I need more foods...

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
10 at Claymore - The Greatest Hits CoralRed May 4th, 12, 03:22 PM #1
With a greatest hits lineup like this, how can we not pay a visit to our favorite buffet place. Ok, ok, we know it's just a lame excuse to go gorge ourselves silly again.

Quote:
Savour the best that 10 at Claymore has to offer with "Plates of Pleasure – Our Greatest Hits". Our culinary brigade has cherry-picked six sensational star dishes from our "Plates of Pleasure" series over the past 12 months to create a sumptuous showcase of the most well-loved dishes.

Winner of Singapore's Best Restaurants Award 2011.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Playing the waiting game at Straits Cafe
My cheap S$25 lunch at Edge
Family gathering at Gim Tim Restaurant

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.
sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 03:49 PM #2
Live Oysters Station - Choose from four types of oysters and let the chef shuck for you on the spot. Don't ask me how it tasted though, check with Cassy as she helped herself to these mollusks.

Irish (Les Parcs Saint Kerber) and French (Les Huitres Creuses De Normandie) Oysters

Canadian (Northern American Fanny Bay) and Pacific (Taylor's Washington Bay) Oysters

Live Salad Station

Latest Makan's pictures:

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.
sg.png
Last edited by CoralRed; May 4th, 12 at 07:42 PM..
PaulKami
Neighbourhood Cat

Trade rep: 7 (100%)
PaulKami May 4th, 12, 04:40 PM #3
What's the damage O_O
Kami = 紙 (Paper)
Kami != 神 (God)
sg.png
bluecoral
MCP,MCSA,MCSE,MCDBA,MSHIT

Trade rep: 3 (100%)
bluecoral May 4th, 12, 05:09 PM #4
less than 50 per pax using 3 + 1 credit card promo
http://img.vrforums.com/asusrog_sig_banner.jpg
sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 07:48 PM #5
Seafood on Ice - Boston Lobsters, Mussels, Prawns and Scallops. The lobsters were quite fresh this time round and the large scallops tempting.

Assorted Sashimi - Sashimi was not a strong point here so skip it and save your tummy space for other better foods.

Assorted Sushi

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 07:58 PM #6
Wine Selection - First time I seen them served wine though it was not included in the buffet.

Assorted Cheeses - I don't know how to appreciate cheese except those on top of pizza but some of these soft cheeses were quite yummy and not too pungent. I especially love the Garlic & Herbs Boursin while my dining companion swore by the Cranberry Cheese.

Roasted Free-Range Australian Lamb with Burgundy Mint Jus - This sorry piece of meat was unlike the soft tender lamb leg that we had the other time. Without the fats, this dried lump of meat just don't look appetizing but luckily there were other sheep, er... lamb around.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 08:03 PM #7
Now for the hot dishes from the buffet table... But these were not our main targets,

Roasted Potato with Herbs

Vegetable Frittata

Chicken Breast with Black Pepper Sauce

Beef Casserole - Not too bad but the beef cubes were on the lean side.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 08:12 PM #8
French Duck - How authentic it was I don't know.

Peppered Udon Noodle - Much too peppery for my liking, should have gone easier on those black pepper.

Yangchow Fried Rice with Pork Char Siew

Aussie Broccoli with Fragrance Garlic Oil - Some prawns or scallops added would be nice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 10:22 PM #9
Steamed Seabass Fillet with Preserved Vegetables - The preserved vegetable (梅菜) used was the sweet version unlike the more common salty one we are used to. The lightly salty sauce balanced out the sweetness of the preserved vegetable and imparted a nice fragrant to the otherwise common fish.

Pork Ribs with Chinese BBQ Sauce - Another nice dish with its fall-off-the-bone tender meat coupled with the sweetish BBQ sauce and generous sprinkle of sesame seeds on top.

Roasted Free-Range Australian Lamb with Burgundy Mint Jus - After we complained about the dry roasted lamb, the manager instructed the kitchen to slice a plate of the most tender part of the lamb for us. Even that was left almost untouched as we eyed the other lamb dish which is coming up later.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 10:37 PM #10
Oysters lovers would love it here, pick from four different types of oysters. Kahlan's friend Cassy ate quite a few of these shellfish.

Scallops, Tuna Sushi and Salmon Sashimi

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 10:46 PM #11
Our Greatest Hits Menu - A selection of six sensational star dishes from the "Plates of Pleasure" series over the past 12 months to create a sumptuous showcase of the most well-loved dishes.

Stone Grilled US Premium Angus Beef Tenderloin with Porcini Mushrooms Ragout, Herbs and Shiraz Reduction. Ask for medium or medium rare doneness and you got yourself a very tender, easily tear apart slice of beef. I like the herbs and mushroom sauce which complement beef very well.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 10:56 PM #12
Oven Roasted Tasmanian Free-Range Rack of Lamb with Old School Smashed Pumpkin and Port Balsamic Glaze. The char grilled smoky flavour of this rack of lamb was spoiled by the sweet sauce. Order it without the sauce to enjoy that nice layer of fats...

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 11:03 PM #13
Chef in the Kitchen

Pan Seared Victoria Lake Omega Salmon Fillet with Creamy Spinach, Citrus and Capers - I usually don't like cooked salmon but this seared version impress me with it juicy texture and creamy with a hint of citrus sauce. And I like my fish with skin on it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
Last edited by CoralRed; May 5th, 12 at 01:06 PM..
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 4th, 12, 11:25 PM #14
Penang Style Wok Fried Char Kway Teow with Blue Jumbo Crabmeat and Tiger Prawns - When we were there the previous time, we saw this caucasian ordering the Fried Char Kway Teow and we were whispering among ourselves that we did be crazy to be eating a $10 plus plate of Kway Teow. Later when the manager told us that a lot of diners are actually coming just for this dish, we were kind of skeptical of whether it was that good.

Boy, were we wrong, it was indeed very good. Unlike our local version with it sweetish sauce, this was more savory than sweet with generous serving of egg, lup cheong (Chinese sausage), bean sprout and two large prawns. All these ingredients stir fried in high heat to get that "wok hei" fragrant we all loved. This get the thumbs up from all of us.

Penang Style Rich Aromatic Assam Laksa with Barramundi and Prawn Paste - On the opposite end of the spectrum came the bad which was this sweet Assam Laksa which none of us liked.

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
Last edited by CoralRed; May 5th, 12 at 01:06 PM..
CoralRed
I need more foods...

CoralRed May 5th, 12, 01:12 PM #15
Penang Style Superior Prawn Noodle Soup with Crispy Pork Belly and Fresh Water Scampi - Prawn Noodle Soup wasn't bad either, the soup base was rich with flavour from the crushed prawn heads, and you can literally taste the essence of the roes.

Penang Style Superior Prawn Soup - For those who don't take carbohydrate, just ask for the soup without the noodle.

Now for the desserts. Somehow I got this feeling that the varieties of desserts seem lesser than usual that night.

Chocolate Cake

Lychee Mousse Cake and Cheese Fudge Cake

Latest Makan's pictures:

sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads