Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
NSR250
***gla

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
NSR250 Feb 22nd, 13, 01:11 PM #46
SG's golden years... over?
sg.png
sgslug

Trade rep: 2 (100%)
sgslug Feb 22nd, 13, 01:15 PM #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR250 View Post
SG's golden years... over?
its back again... only this time literally.
sg.png
NSR250
***gla

NSR250 Feb 22nd, 13, 01:17 PM #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgslug View Post
its back again... only this time literally.
paper launches ftW !!!
sg.png
booest
集中精神, 闭关修行

Trade rep: 62 (100%)
booest Feb 22nd, 13, 02:19 PM #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
ultimately i think we build too much nation, and become de-humanised in the process.

damn i wish for days where people are neighbourly, ppl are more polite, kids are kids..and men dont wear makeup lol

i want back the 80s....

totally....our nation buildiing ... impo.... not really THAT building.
I feel Japan more nation building.... then again they have politics like the Italians lol

Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
| i5ooest:i5-2500K cooldby Shuriken Rev-B | Gene-Z mATX | 4 x 4GB DDR3 | Veloci 600Gb | S12-600W |
| Alcadia X3 -Black fortified by Silent9 |2707WFP (16:10) |

sg.png
Gollum Registered User

Trade rep: 21 (100%)
Gollum Feb 22nd, 13, 02:33 PM #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by booest View Post
totally....our nation buildiing ... impo.... not really THAT building.
I feel Japan more nation building.... then again they have politics like the Italians lol
japan only looks good from the outside.

the rot inside kia see lang..

btw jiro not that good...
"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -- Voltaire His last words on his death bed when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.
sg.png
booest
集中精神, 闭关修行

Trade rep: 62 (100%)
booest Feb 22nd, 13, 03:14 PM #51
Quote:
japan only looks good from the outside.

the rot inside kia see lang..

btw jiro not that good...
the new gen facing a lot of issues.. also strawberries.
they ARE a bit warped.

but the old schools ones are solid... maybe a bit extreme which lead to this gen being too
overwhelmed.

So where better if Jiro no good.

Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
| i5ooest:i5-2500K cooldby Shuriken Rev-B | Gene-Z mATX | 4 x 4GB DDR3 | Veloci 600Gb | S12-600W |
| Alcadia X3 -Black fortified by Silent9 |2707WFP (16:10) |

sg.png
Gollum Registered User

Gollum Feb 22nd, 13, 03:34 PM #52
Quote:
Originally Posted by booest View Post
the new gen facing a lot of issues.. also strawberries.
they ARE a bit warped.

but the old schools ones are solid... maybe a bit extreme which lead to this gen being too
overwhelmed.

So where better if Jiro no good.
this one

its not that jiro is not good. its just similar vs the other outstandingly good ones in jpn.
had son place for lunch dad for dinner. how they manged to get the booking this way dont ask me lol

i find this one better Sushi Kanesaka - A Life Worth Eating
"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies." -- Voltaire His last words on his death bed when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.
sg.png
longwei

Trade rep: 7 (100%)
longwei Feb 23rd, 13, 01:52 AM #53
Hey bro,

I am in the same scenario as you. I am married to a malaysian wife and also staying in JB now. But I commute to work sg everyday, just that i am doing sales and if spend a but and go by tuas, the travelling time is still quote reasonable.

A lot of ppl ask " Not jam Meh " I said in life we have to give and take, jam for 30 mins but lead a better life, why not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico30 View Post
i think i am in a position to comment.
I am singaporean with malaysian wife (she's a sg pr)
we are both degree holders so finding jobs in SG or malaysia shouldn't be a
problem as long as we are not picky.
our choice to live and work in sg or in jb (my parents still in sg so cannot be too far from sg like KL) pops up when we were getting married.

after weighing pros and cons, we decided to stay in JB.
so here are some summary of the points :

Housing
with our savings at that point of time (2009), we have 2 choice, buy a 3 room flat in SG
or semi D in a prime area in JB . 3 room flat is about 1000square feet right?.
the place which is now my home is 6700 square feet (3000sq feet build up)
its nice to have your own carpark and workspace( i am a DIY person)
oh ya, after buying the house, we have leftovers to buy a new SG car for sgd 40k

Career
After been working/doing business in SG , we decided to start a small one in JB but not totally forgoing my existing SG customers. i got a SG car is for work purpose but i do not need to travel in out everyday, maybe 2 -3 times a week is suffice.
my wife decided to help out her dad's retail business. and her ride is an Audi A4 (old one 96 model but still better than my sg car)

Security
No offence but to many singaporeans who are hardly out of singapore , please step out of the world and see. Malaysia is not full of robbers, in fact SG is probably the only place on earth that you can leave your car unlocked and have nothing stolen for 1 whole day.
my point is be careful with your own possessions, don't give people chance to rob or steal from you. its the same anywhere in the world.
in sg, we are sometimes too used to the super low crime rates that we let our alertness down .
malaysia has about 23 millions people on the peninsular. SG has 6 millions.
assumming sg has a crime rate of 1 in 1000 and malaysia is 5 times worse off 5 in 1000.
in actual numbers is also staggering.
newspaper always sensationized crime news, thats their job.
you don't get rob the moment you step in malaysia.

Social issues
most people outside malaysia thinks the my gahment have many policies that benefit their
race. this is only partly true has the polices are there to benefit the top people of that race( this came from a Malaysia Malay working class friend)
many rebates , grants etc etc are only granted to people who have connections.
the people who really needs help most of the time are not getting the resources.
this is the one unfairness that many non-bumis malaysia have to accept and live with it.

Future children identity
I want my future child (if any) to be a singaporean. A quick check with the sg authorities in jb
told me that my child can hold 2 citizenships up to the age of 18 (or 21) i forgot.
and of coz serve NS if its a boy.

summary
in short, although we earn less in JB ( alot alot less in fact, if you convert all into USD to be fair)
we are pretty happy living in JB. one insurance agent quoted me something call
"standard of living" which other than the living space or other material stuff, the one thing i cherished most the extra time i get to spend with my wife and my extended family.
i am able to sit done almost everyday in the same table with my wife and in laws for a simple dinner. i cannot even do that with my own parents in SG due to work commitments in SG.

well, i believe i won't be able to get such a "standard of living" unless i slogged much much harder than now.

its JB for the time being.
Spray it OUT!
my.png
shard Senior Member

shard Feb 23rd, 13, 02:09 AM #54
Quote:
this one

its not that jiro is not good. its just similar vs the other outstandingly good ones in jpn.
had son place for lunch dad for dinner. how they manged to get the booking this way dont ask me lol

i find this one better Sushi Kanesaka - A Life Worth Eating
That's the same chef that started Shinji in Singapore I think. He is quite good and drinks like a fish.
sg.png
kitsura Registered User

Trade rep: 9 (100%)
kitsura Feb 23rd, 13, 11:34 AM #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by longwei View Post
Hey bro,

I am in the same scenario as you. I am married to a malaysian wife and also staying in JB now. But I commute to work sg everyday, just that i am doing sales and if spend a but and go by tuas, the travelling time is still quote reasonable.

A lot of ppl ask " Not jam Meh " I said in life we have to give and take, jam for 30 mins but lead a better life, why not..
I married Chinese wife. Now got option to go China do business and retire there when SG don't want me any more. We must all plan our escape routes out and not continue to vote PAP and expect them to help support you or even come up with policies that would benefit you. All their polices this past decade have been corporate targeted and i doubt it would change for next 20 years.
Intel i7 2700K @ 4.7GHz 1.35v | Megahalems Rev.C + 2x Gentle Typhoon AP15 | ASUS M4E-Z | Corsair Vengeance 32GB @ 1866MHz | MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC | Dell U3011 | OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB SSD | PCP&C Silencer Mk II 750W | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Diablo 3 kitsura#1660 unlocked Nightmare Staff of Herding
sg.png
sgslug

Trade rep: 2 (100%)
sgslug Feb 23rd, 13, 12:32 PM #56
Russia anyone?
sg.png
Gollum Registered User

Gollum Feb 23rd, 13, 12:53 PM #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by shard View Post
That's the same chef that started Shinji in Singapore I think. He is quite good and drinks like a fish.
yup same guy.

i find the tokyo one better.
sg.png
↑↓ Linkbacks
Posted By For Type Date
Favorite Drip Coffee of 2012 - A Life Worth Eating This thread Refback Mar 7th, 13 07:09 PM
Esaki - A Life Worth Eating This thread Refback Mar 6th, 13 08:26 PM
Urasawa - A Life Worth Eating This thread Refback Mar 6th, 13 09:36 AM
Mercado de Cholula - A Life Worth Eating This thread Refback Mar 2nd, 13 01:03 PM

New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads