Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Registered User Batman_Return's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    158

    Why some people take own sweet times crossing traffics lights ?

    Don't understand why people taking their own sweet times crossing traffics lights (green man).

    We know the laws make all motorists giveway to them so it is a privilege to pedestrians, but knn...some time is sick to see people handing hands take their grandmother times slowly cross such a short road (as though as the whole road is no one there or their owned it).

    If they are young kids, old people, handicap, pregnant or carry heavy stuffs we can understand, but...SPTL those people not considerate crossing road so f**king slow.

  2. #2
    vr-zone.com alpha1ma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    17,344
    eh..u shld relax la..maybe people are tired after a hard days work..? we cant do anything to speed them up..juz enjoy the surrounding scenery while u wait lor..no need to get urself piss by this..
    [Project Log] Fiery Black Ki7ight (Classified)



    Custom Watercooling System | Custom Radiator | Personalised Winnie the Pooh Box from edge2o.com


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,468
    not happy can always honk honk, I've seen cars honk at old people crossing road b4, so far not for strollers..

    anyways always good for a stomp or two...

    singapore nevermind la... u want to anyhow honk honk also can. But dun anyhow honk honk in america... heee after come out with shotgun than kiss backside liao...

  4. #4
    vr-zone.com alpha1ma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    17,344
    Quote Originally Posted by LgO-sluglives View Post
    not happy can always honk honk, I've seen cars honk at old people crossing road b4, so far not for strollers..

    anyways always good for a stomp or two...

    singapore nevermind la... u want to anyhow honk honk also can. But dun anyhow honk honk in america... heee after come out with shotgun than kiss backside liao...
    wtf they honk old people for? wait till they grown old they will noe..inconsiderate..
    [Project Log] Fiery Black Ki7ight (Classified)



    Custom Watercooling System | Custom Radiator | Personalised Winnie the Pooh Box from edge2o.com


  5. #5
    BM JustRaied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ohh Ass Aye
    Posts
    8,861
    sometimes if i see the driver sialan or what ill purposely take my own time if not i wont
    Hello.

  6. #6
    Registered User Batman_Return's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    158
    I never honk at ppl wan .

    I juz hope that they speed up abit, be considerate as some time it really create traffic jammed at the back.

    Don't crawl like a snails mah....

  7. #7
    Registered User Batman_Return's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRaied View Post
    sometimes if i see the driver sialan or what ill purposely take my own time if not i wont


    Haha....some ppls do have sialan look...especialy those chow ah beng..
    with modify car and blasting music...

    But not me hor...

  8. #8
    Foreign Member Paul_Yeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    3,063
    in this society, a lot of things we never understand: why people don't want to move in inside the bus, why people stand near the MRT doors, why people use tissue paper to chope seats.

  9. #9
    Poor Guy ChaoticOrb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    2,026
    seriously, after reading the thread title, before even clicking it.
    i already thought of the one and only answer.

    "That's Singaporeans for you."
    My first WC Project!
    Please support!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,468
    where I live there is a kid driving a super branded sports car. at the traffic light, he always likes to BRooooom! his car to get people walking faster...

    same dude honks at old people...

    patience is a virtue.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    441
    be gracious da

  12. #12
    Chemistry@BedokFunland JC UltimaOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    207
    The worst, is when the pple cross the road when the car have right of way, eg. when the car turning from main road into side road. Road is for car, yet these pple take their time to cross and making the car (which have right of way, there is NO pedestrain crossing traffic light!) have to suddenly brake and stop for their precious majesty. Really worst experience, was a few years ago when (I was sitting in the car, not the driver), a group of ang moh guys (teenagers, punks) saw our car turning in, they purposely go ahead to cross the road, and slowly cross somemore, staring at us as wanting to fight.

    These pple damn jialat. If angmoh they think they superior. If local, they simply bloody inconsiderate and don't respect others. All of them know that if car bang pedestrain, it's the driver who kena (jail) from the law. Even if it is pedestrain's fault.
    Ex-MOE Teacher
    A Levels H2 Chemistry @ BedokFunland JC

  13. #13
    Registered User Batman_Return's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    in this society, a lot of things we never understand: why people don't want to move in inside the bus, why people stand near the MRT doors, why people use tissue paper to chope seats.

    Agreed...very sian lor...

    I can only say it is typical singaporean attitude.

    I find the Transport ministry don't really know how to design road crossing..

    If you look careful the way they designed the crossing where cars are stop so closed to human crossing where the traffics light is, it give very little road space if some one is dashing at last mintues as he/she trying to beat the crossing count down while you are supposed to stop. some time the driver may unitentional (or dreaming his mind) beat the light.

    I always told my kids to looks and ensured the driver stop their car then quickly cross the road and still look on in case some bastard fellow never stop their car and zooooom thru.

    Sooner or faster the pedestrains crossed the road, the safer it is....that is my point here.

  14. #14
    Ki33ran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman_Return View Post
    Don't understand why people taking their own sweet times crossing traffics lights (green man).

    We know the laws make all motorists giveway to them so it is a privilege to pedestrians, but knn...some time is sick to see people handing hands take their grandmother times slowly cross such a short road (as though as the whole road is no one there or their owned it).

    If they are young kids, old people, handicap, pregnant or carry heavy stuffs we can understand, but...SPTL those people not considerate crossing road so f**king slow.
    WTF?

    Relax lah... So ****ing slow? What is a few seconds to you. Come on man snap out of it.

  15. #15
    Registered User reddevil0728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,447
    i think they trying to bring down the average speed of walking so tt singaporeans wouldn't be the world fastest walker? lol
    Whatever floats your boat...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast