Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
Batman_Return

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Why some people take own sweet times crossing traffics lights ? Batman_Return Jun 7th, 08, 04:20 PM #1
Don't understand why people taking their own sweet times crossing traffics lights (green man).

We know the laws make all motorists giveway to them so it is a privilege to pedestrians, but knn...some time is sick to see people handing hands take their grandmother times slowly cross such a short road (as though as the whole road is no one there or their owned it).

If they are young kids, old people, handicap, pregnant or carry heavy stuffs we can understand, but...SPTL those people not considerate crossing road so f**king slow.

sg.png
alpha1ma
vr-zone.com

Trade rep: 82 (100%)
alpha1ma Jun 7th, 08, 04:22 PM #2
eh..u shld relax la..maybe people are tired after a hard days work..? we cant do anything to speed them up..juz enjoy the surrounding scenery while u wait lor..no need to get urself piss by this..
[Project Log] Fiery Black Ki7ight (Classified)

Custom Watercooling System | Custom Radiator | Personalised Winnie the Pooh Box from edge2o.com

sg.png
LgO-sluglives Banned

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
LgO-sluglives Jun 7th, 08, 04:25 PM #3
not happy can always honk honk, I've seen cars honk at old people crossing road b4, so far not for strollers..

anyways always good for a stomp or two...

singapore nevermind la... u want to anyhow honk honk also can. But dun anyhow honk honk in america... heee after come out with shotgun than kiss backside liao...
sg.png
alpha1ma
vr-zone.com

Trade rep: 82 (100%)
alpha1ma Jun 7th, 08, 04:28 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LgO-sluglives View Post
not happy can always honk honk, I've seen cars honk at old people crossing road b4, so far not for strollers..

anyways always good for a stomp or two...

singapore nevermind la... u want to anyhow honk honk also can. But dun anyhow honk honk in america... heee after come out with shotgun than kiss backside liao...
wtf they honk old people for? wait till they grown old they will noe..inconsiderate..
[Project Log] Fiery Black Ki7ight (Classified)

Custom Watercooling System | Custom Radiator | Personalised Winnie the Pooh Box from edge2o.com

sg.png
JustRaied
BM

Trade rep: 3 (80%)
JustRaied Jun 7th, 08, 04:36 PM #5
sometimes if i see the driver sialan or what ill purposely take my own time if not i wont
Hello.
sg.png
Batman_Return

Batman_Return Jun 7th, 08, 04:41 PM #6
I never honk at ppl wan .

I juz hope that they speed up abit, be considerate as some time it really create traffic jammed at the back.

Don't crawl like a snails mah....
sg.png
Batman_Return

Batman_Return Jun 7th, 08, 04:44 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaied View Post
sometimes if i see the driver sialan or what ill purposely take my own time if not i wont

Haha....some ppls do have sialan look...especialy those chow ah beng..
with modify car and blasting music...

But not me hor...
sg.png
Paul_Yeo
Foreign Member

Trade rep: 4 (100%)
Paul_Yeo Jun 7th, 08, 04:47 PM #8
in this society, a lot of things we never understand: why people don't want to move in inside the bus, why people stand near the MRT doors, why people use tissue paper to chope seats.
sg.png
ChaoticOrb
Poor Guy

Trade rep: 10 (100%)
ChaoticOrb Jun 7th, 08, 04:50 PM #9
seriously, after reading the thread title, before even clicking it.
i already thought of the one and only answer.

"That's Singaporeans for you."
My first WC Project!
Please support!
sg.png
LgO-sluglives Banned

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
LgO-sluglives Jun 7th, 08, 04:52 PM #10
where I live there is a kid driving a super branded sports car. at the traffic light, he always likes to BRooooom! his car to get people walking faster...

same dude honks at old people...

patience is a virtue.
sg.png
XeonHacker Registered User

Trade rep: 3 (100%)
XeonHacker Jun 7th, 08, 04:59 PM #11
be gracious da
sg.png
UltimaOnline
Chemistry@BedokFunland JC

UltimaOnline Jun 7th, 08, 05:00 PM #12
The worst, is when the pple cross the road when the car have right of way, eg. when the car turning from main road into side road. Road is for car, yet these pple take their time to cross and making the car (which have right of way, there is NO pedestrain crossing traffic light!) have to suddenly brake and stop for their precious majesty. Really worst experience, was a few years ago when (I was sitting in the car, not the driver), a group of ang moh guys (teenagers, punks) saw our car turning in, they purposely go ahead to cross the road, and slowly cross somemore, staring at us as wanting to fight.

These pple damn jialat. If angmoh they think they superior. If local, they simply bloody inconsiderate and don't respect others. All of them know that if car bang pedestrain, it's the driver who kena (jail) from the law. Even if it is pedestrain's fault.
sg.png
Batman_Return

Batman_Return Jun 7th, 08, 05:21 PM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
in this society, a lot of things we never understand: why people don't want to move in inside the bus, why people stand near the MRT doors, why people use tissue paper to chope seats.

Agreed...very sian lor...

I can only say it is typical singaporean attitude.

I find the Transport ministry don't really know how to design road crossing..

If you look careful the way they designed the crossing where cars are stop so closed to human crossing where the traffics light is, it give very little road space if some one is dashing at last mintues as he/she trying to beat the crossing count down while you are supposed to stop. some time the driver may unitentional (or dreaming his mind) beat the light.

I always told my kids to looks and ensured the driver stop their car then quickly cross the road and still look on in case some bastard fellow never stop their car and zooooom thru.

Sooner or faster the pedestrains crossed the road, the safer it is....that is my point here.
sg.png
Ki33ran

Trade rep: 2 (75%)
Ki33ran Jun 8th, 08, 01:10 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman_Return View Post
Don't understand why people taking their own sweet times crossing traffics lights (green man).

We know the laws make all motorists giveway to them so it is a privilege to pedestrians, but knn...some time is sick to see people handing hands take their grandmother times slowly cross such a short road (as though as the whole road is no one there or their owned it).

If they are young kids, old people, handicap, pregnant or carry heavy stuffs we can understand, but...SPTL those people not considerate crossing road so f**king slow.
WTF?

Relax lah... So ****ing slow? What is a few seconds to you. Come on man snap out of it.
sg.png
reddevil0728

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
reddevil0728 Jun 8th, 08, 01:14 PM #15
i think they trying to bring down the average speed of walking so tt singaporeans wouldn't be the world fastest walker? lol
I will not procrastinate, I will start tomorrow!

Whatever floats your boat... It takes two hands to clap.
sg.png
Linear Mode Linear Mode