Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1
    (: ValentinoRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Under a roof
    Posts
    2,367

    Bad Encounter With SBS Transit Bus Driver.

    i was at queensway , waiting for 197 to board back to jurong east.

    as my ez-link card left 45cents, im a student btw.

    and i need to take MRT back to yew tee,

    so i took out 55cent coins, ( price of a student fare )

    and board the bus, and put in the coin into the "coin box"

    Then The Uncle Stopped Me .

    He asked for my Ezlink Card.

    I told him, i put in the coins already, what for ?

    then he said , just take out . i took out and he requested me to tap !

    WAD The F***?

    then my friend and i was very pissed.

    so i said no, what for ? i already put coins already, i tap means im paying double.

    then i showed him my ez-link card, then i told him LOOK , its my face on it.

    then he asked me, why not tap ? i say there's only 45cent inside and i need to use it back to yew tee through mrt.

    so he press the "enter" button for the money inside the "coin box" to be eaten up , and told me.

    no tap , get down of the bus.

    i'm ****ing pissed then i tapped my ez-link and walk up the stairs and scolded ,

    F*** you , l*n Jia* bin , ch*e bye , go back to china lah,

    cause he had this china slang, while he speak chinese to me.

    my friend and i kept scolding him and he said,

    watch your mouth, we said even louder n walk up the stairs,

    before that, while waiting at the SBS transit, at jurong east to go to queensway , there are already 2 ,197 bus there and the driver are sitting inside drinking water, doing nothing.

    and there's a huge quene of people waiting for the bus, and they just take their own time.

    WTF ?

    and my friend had the same encounter as me before.


    its like wad the f**k la . put coins liao still need tap ?

    then what for the "coin box" put there for ?

    its totally shit ,

    SBS and SMRT , cant be compared.


    SMRT i never had a bad encounter when using coins, and the bus driver are usually friendly and normally wait for people when they are running towards the bus.


    but this encounter makes me totally believed that SBS transit is totally Bull*hit.


    zzzz, anyone has the same encounter as me ?

    And btw,

    the bus plate number is 9240

    but i didn' take note of those ABC infront of the 9240 and the ABC behind the 9240.


    shld someone take some actions ?
    Fujitsu S6420
    Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8600 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - 250GB

    Ipod Touch First Generation 8GB

    HTC Dream / T-Mobile G1

    VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle

  2. #2
    Registered User tanlgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    256
    lol maybe that china driver think the box is a donation box to tip him off as a driver.lol

  3. #3
    Registered User Yoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,985
    Why not just send SBS Transit a feedback/complain on such incident?
    PicMotion flickr

  4. #4
    煮饭婆 PinGer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,471
    go jurong east interchange speak to their route manager or any of the route master they should be able to help u. .else email or call sbs hotline

  5. #5
    (: ValentinoRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Under a roof
    Posts
    2,367
    si bei du*an lah.

    wah crap man, totally spoil my day.


    i got off the bus and _|_ at the uncle, when he was drinking water.


    but my friend had the same encounter, and the bus driver was a chinese singaporean.

    i think its the problem with sbs transit..
    Fujitsu S6420
    Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8600 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - 250GB

    Ipod Touch First Generation 8GB

    HTC Dream / T-Mobile G1

    VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle

  6. #6
    煮饭婆 PinGer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,471
    Quote Originally Posted by ValentinoRyan View Post
    si bei du*an lah.

    wah crap man, totally spoil my day.


    i got off the bus and _|_ at the uncle, when he was drinking water.


    but my friend had the same encounter, and the bus driver was a chinese singaporean.

    i think its the problem with sbs transit..
    I think its individual driver's issue lah, in terms of training I think theres not much issue.

  7. #7
    gamer 。designer 。artist 。 ~JoY~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Spark|ing Choco|icious Wonder|and
    Posts
    1,903
    you should just write in to complain.

    coz it seems like the driver don't even know how the system works.
    =.=||
    .~*DaNce wIf aTtuIde*~.
    *A DaNcE iS aN eXpReSs|oN, nOt SiMpLy JuZ a StEp*

  8. #8
    Call Lightning Storm kyouta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    20,545
    yes, just write to complain ... who knows they may give you a free concession pass

  9. #9
    officially adelle's slave delon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,402
    Before you go off ranting,

    1. Do you know that the bus captains have all rights to ask you to tap your EZ-Link card even though you're paying by coins? He would have activated the EZ-Link reader to check if your concessionary card is valid or not and that you're not a fare-paying cheat. By the way, when the bus captain activates the EZ-Link reader for card verification, it will not deduct your card value.

    Want to scold Lan Jiao Bin Chee Bye? Why not blame the fare cheats in Singapore?

    2. Secondly, the bus captains have a route schedule to adhere to. They do not go off as and when they want to. Perhaps it was the peak hour crowd that you're looking at which explains why there is such a big crowd. And I am pretty sure that it isn't only Service 197 that has such a big crowd. You probably haven't seen Service 199 in the morning, have you?

    Get your facts right first before you demand action to be taken on others.


  10. #10
    ★HURRICANE★ lulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,677
    you are a joke la. u put in coins and tap, he won't deduct your money. it is just to verify whether the pass is authentic or not.

    read up on your facts before blaming others.
    E6600 | P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition | 4870x2 | 2x4GB OCZ Reaper | Seasonic S12 | Silverstone TJ-03 Black | Samsung 24" 245B+
    Mac Mini | Samsung 27" SA550 | 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo | 2x2GB DDR3 | 750GB
    iMac | 24" | 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo | 2x4GB DDR3 | 1TB

  11. #11
    ★HURRICANE★ lulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,677
    Quote Originally Posted by delon View Post
    Before you go off ranting,

    1. Do you know that the bus captains have all rights to ask you to tap your EZ-Link card even though you're paying by coins? He would have activated the EZ-Link reader to check if your concessionary card is valid or not and that you're not a fare-paying cheat. By the way, when the bus captain activates the EZ-Link reader for card verification, it will not deduct your card value.

    Want to scold Lan Jiao Bin Chee Bye? Why not blame the fare cheats in Singapore?

    2. Secondly, the bus captains have a route schedule to adhere to. They do not go off as and when they want to. Perhaps it was the peak hour crowd that you're looking at which explains why there is such a big crowd. And I am pretty sure that it isn't only Service 197 that has such a big crowd. You probably haven't seen Service 199 in the morning, have you?

    Get your facts right first before you demand action to be taken on others.
    pruss wans to you.
    E6600 | P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition | 4870x2 | 2x4GB OCZ Reaper | Seasonic S12 | Silverstone TJ-03 Black | Samsung 24" 245B+
    Mac Mini | Samsung 27" SA550 | 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo | 2x2GB DDR3 | 750GB
    iMac | 24" | 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo | 2x4GB DDR3 | 1TB

  12. #12
    Why Pay-And-Pay? Philip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,541
    Quote Originally Posted by delon View Post
    Before you go off ranting,

    1. Do you know that the bus captains have all rights to ask you to tap your EZ-Link card even though you're paying by coins? He would have activated the EZ-Link reader to check if your concessionary card is valid or not and that you're not a fare-paying cheat. By the way, when the bus captain activates the EZ-Link reader for card verification, it will not deduct your card value.

    Want to scold Lan Jiao Bin Chee Bye? Why not blame the fare cheats in Singapore?

    2. Secondly, the bus captains have a route schedule to adhere to. They do not go off as and when they want to. Perhaps it was the peak hour crowd that you're looking at which explains why there is such a big crowd. And I am pretty sure that it isn't only Service 197 that has such a big crowd. You probably haven't seen Service 199 in the morning, have you?

    Get your facts right first before you demand action to be taken on others.
    Even so.. why didn't the bus captain explain in advance or ask in a nicer tone?

    I mean.. is it really that difficult to say;

    "Excuse me, could you tap your EZ link card for verification please? No value will be deducted."

    Having said that, using vulgarity is not a strict No-No either.

    Phil

    i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance


    x4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

    Clearing watercooling and misc parts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    is ns really that hard???


  13. #13
    765プロ amankun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    you are a joke la. u put in coins and tap, he won't deduct your money. it is just to verify whether the pass is authentic or not.

    read up on your facts before blaming others.
    Maybe TS taken the driver's words in a wrong context, don't think either party is to be blamed here. Small misunderstanding, send a feedback to SBS maybe?

    "These goes up to eleven."
    Main Setup: i7-3770 | Gigabyte Z77-HD3 | 4x4GB Corsair | Plextor M5P 128GB | Gigabyte GTX650
    Audio: TDA1541A DAC | Yamaha A-S500 | Yamaha NS-10M Studio


  14. #14
    officially adelle's slave delon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Even so.. why didn't the bus captain explain in advance or ask in a nicer tone?

    I mean.. is it really that difficult to say;

    "Excuse me, could you tap your EZ link card for verification please? No value will be deducted."

    Having said that, using vulgarity is not a strict No-No either.

    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by ValentinoRyan View Post
    so i took out 55cent coins, ( price of a student fare )

    and board the bus, and put in the coin into the "coin box"

    Then The Uncle Stopped Me .

    He asked for my Ezlink Card.

    I told him, i put in the coins already, what for ?

    then he said , just take out . i took out and he requested me to tap !

    WAD The F***?

    then my friend and i was very pissed.

    so i said no, what for ? i already put coins already, i tap means im paying double.

    then i showed him my ez-link card, then i told him LOOK , its my face on it.


    then he asked me, why not tap ? i say there's only 45cent inside and i need to use it back to yew tee through mrt.

    so he press the "enter" button for the money inside the "coin box" to be eaten up , and told me.

    no tap , get down of the bus.

    i'm ****ing pissed then i tapped my ez-link and walk up the stairs and scolded ,
    See TS's post (bold in red vs bold in blue). I think TS was the one who made the job of the bus driver more difficult and delaying the bus from moving off so that the driver can reach the bus interchange on time.

    I agree with you that perhaps the bus driver could have explained better but then again, it's TS's side of the story. You probably know how one-sided it is, given the 'piss-ness' TS is suffering from.


  15. #15
    QUANTUM SINGULARITY
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,301
    it might really be the bus driver's fault or just plainly miscommunication.
    l]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast