Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
darKHell Brownhead

Trade rep: 4 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
darKHell Jun 24th, 09, 09:26 PM #16
Relax guys... we are abled ppl, therefore if it is in our capacity to help we shld. there is nohelp that is too little... furthermore we dun pick ppl to help..

we can say help goes both way, someone reach out, we shld try ur best to help... but it is not saying tt those who dun reach ut shldnt be helped... it is only if they dun reach out, we may no know...

and those who grew up during the dream team days, this is a good chance to relive those moments, and wats more while u enjoy the match u even get to donate 10 bucks to little charmine... so even students, skip a meal or 2 at mac and maybe go watch the match if possible..
us.png
FattyTW Registered User

Trade rep: 2 (100%)
FattyTW Jun 25th, 09, 12:18 AM #17
Dear little Charmaine, i hope you would win battles with the big big monster so that you can repay your parent and make them think it is worth it doing their best by funding money for your operations to win big big bad monster and lastly cherish your family love that is showering you now so that the heart inside you will first win the monster.
sg.png
TheWicked
Oompr Gangnam Style

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
TheWicked Jun 25th, 09, 12:39 AM #18
oh well..
sg.png
Last edited by TheWicked; Jun 25th, 09 at 12:42 AM..
FattyTW Registered User

FattyTW Jun 25th, 09, 01:05 AM #19
you can give the commend, "oh well" only?....
sg.png
ktk
Banned

ktk Jun 25th, 09, 02:12 AM #20
i really hope a miracle can appear.

she deserves much better.
sg.png
DragonFire To SMP or not to SMP?

Trade rep: 9 (100%)
DragonFire Jun 25th, 09, 02:25 AM #21
Hmmm metastized neuroblastoma...

Really need miracle...

DF
Unix Guru Ian B.:
They said it wasn't possible, but I've just proved them wrong...
#
# uptime

1:10pm up 1000 days, 2:51, 2 users, load average: 0.27, 0.35, 0.27

Views expressed are my own and are not representative of that of VR-Zone.
sg.png
Mobile_Crazy
1stop2sell PHONE

Trade rep: 90 (100%)
Mobile_Crazy Jun 25th, 09, 02:27 AM #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyTW View Post
you can give the commend, "oh well" only?....
well.... he;s lost for words....

hope everything turns out in good for her... everyone pray for her
sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

Trade rep: 107 (100%)
dr_disciple Jun 25th, 09, 02:42 AM #23
Signature up.....
sg.png
cygig
ZOMBiE

cygig Jun 25th, 09, 02:46 AM #24
Hmm... personally i had been hearing a lot of criticism over her.

Some say the money could have saved much more ppl that dun require so exp a treatment or feed many many poor in other countries. Some say her mom has ulterior motive such as to scam money. Some say its underhand to gain sympathy by showing all her pitiful pics.

While some ppl tell me that love cannot be measured, you cannot quantify that Save 100 African Kid > Save 1 SG girl, what her family is doing is great and it shows that Singaporean aint so cold after all. Some say even if her mom uses the web to show picture and gain popularity and sympathy for money to cure her daughter, give it to her, she is skilled and capable and displayed great mother love, as compared to other disabled who give up on themselves totally. Some say its very simply a case of a poor family having no money and its a pity to see a young child die and we must save her.

All these comments made me think for days and days..And I can tell you that I am still unable to get an answer. I tried using logical sense to weigh and quantify, but in the end, I gave up as Im no longer even sure if such things can be quantified. I had great reserves for my line of thoughts as I know that I myself did not go thru such a stage in my life, and my reaction then would be unknown. Too many unknown variables to make me even comment on this whole event. I tried to run a emotional simulation, and found out that if im charmaine's mom, I would probably be doing anything, even illegal stuff, to help my daughter. But is that the right thing to do?

Therefore, till now, I am unable to review, comment or give my views on anything directly about this incident. Though I would see myself donating some money when the GST offset comes.
sg.png
Del_CtrlnoAlt

Trade rep: 7 (100%)
Del_CtrlnoAlt Jun 25th, 09, 03:26 AM #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cygig View Post
Hmm... personally i had been hearing a lot of criticism over her.

Some say the money could have saved much more ppl that dun require so exp a treatment or feed many many poor in other countries. Some say her mom has ulterior motive such as to scam money. Some say its underhand to gain sympathy by showing all her pitiful pics.

While some ppl tell me that love cannot be measured, you cannot quantify that Save 100 African Kid > Save 1 SG girl, what her family is doing is great and it shows that Singaporean aint so cold after all. Some say even if her mom uses the web to show picture and gain popularity and sympathy for money to cure her daughter, give it to her, she is skilled and capable and displayed great mother love, as compared to other disabled who give up on themselves totally. Some say its very simply a case of a poor family having no money and its a pity to see a young child die and we must save her.

All these comments made me think for days and days..And I can tell you that I am still unable to get an answer. I tried using logical sense to weigh and quantify, but in the end, I gave up as Im no longer even sure if such things can be quantified. I had great reserves for my line of thoughts as I know that I myself did not go thru such a stage in my life, and my reaction then would be unknown. Too many unknown variables to make me even comment on this whole event. I tried to run a emotional simulation, and found out that if im charmaine's mom, I would probably be doing anything, even illegal stuff, to help my daughter. But is that the right thing to do?

Therefore, till now, I am unable to review, comment or give my views on anything directly about this incident. Though I would see myself donating some money when the GST offset comes.
all in all, i see a bunch of jiao wei...

anyway, most have yet to forget what TT Durai did with NKF, hence skeptical thoughts about such is forgiving... esp not long before, our 'fave' monk still in the midst of a scandal...

look beyond that, do what you wanna do with your own money, nobody is taking a gun to force you to donate... if really don't feel like it, don't donate.

if you donate, and find that it doesn't serve its purpose, like NKF thingy, just suck thumb and tell yourself, those who use charity to earn money for personal gains will have bad karma set upon them.
sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

Trade rep: 107 (100%)
dr_disciple Jun 25th, 09, 03:38 AM #26
do what you can guys. upz for the morning.....a great day ahead. I hope the little girl will be able to say it every day.

"A great day ahead"
sg.png
FattyTW Registered User

FattyTW Jun 25th, 09, 03:44 AM #27
i agree with del and cygig views. problem is i think its true of what sygig here but i did not donate any money like what cygig say scam and what del said nkf durai bla bla. so i would give my wishes, at least we gave a mind support, let Chermaine mum look at this thread encouragement and print it out for Charmaine and tell her in words. it would do good letting her feel that there are people concerned about her still, problem at least lets say. the mum or they did a effort dun care abt money or what this girl has a strong will which is a great thing that she is just a young cutie.
sg.png
nightviccent
Nerd Boy

nightviccent Jun 25th, 09, 04:28 AM #28
sg.png
TheWicked
Oompr Gangnam Style

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
TheWicked Jun 25th, 09, 07:43 AM #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightviccent View Post
yr avatar=geeky. Yr emoticon=emo. Haha.

Personally I would think text and words are enough. You do not need cute photos posted all over the internet to win donations.

Now, if the person in need is not as cute looking, or in fact looks damn ugly, i would expect the donations to be much less. Sad but true. Human nature.

Some would disagree with me though, but please do so gently.

My view is that I disagree with using looks to win sympathy.
sg.png
sabe Super Meanarator

Trade rep: 220 (100%)
sabe Jun 25th, 09, 08:41 AM #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWicked View Post
yr avatar=geeky. Yr emoticon=emo. Haha.

Personally I would think text and words are enough. You do not need cute photos posted all over the internet to win donations.

Now, if the person in need is not as cute looking, or in fact looks damn ugly, i would expect the donations to be much less. Sad but true. Human nature.

Some would disagree with me though, but please do so gently.

My view is that I disagree with using looks to win sympathy.
Indeed her cuteness plays a part but I think very few kids can qualify as ugly anyway. But if I were her mum, I would play every card in my advantage I can find, I cannot find it in me to disagree or criticize that.
sg.png
↑↓ Linkbacks
Posted By For Type Date
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Badges & Buttons This thread Refback Jun 25th, 14 02:47 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine This thread Refback May 31st, 14 02:37 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: A birthday with a whole new meaning... for my feisty little princess... Happy Birthday Charmaine. This thread Refback Jan 17th, 14 06:50 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine This thread Refback Jun 20th, 12 11:16 AM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: January 2012 This thread Refback Jan 20th, 12 04:45 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: December 2011 This thread Refback Dec 28th, 11 11:56 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Who We Are This thread Refback Nov 15th, 11 09:48 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: On Char Operation This thread Refback Oct 27th, 11 11:26 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Wake Details This thread Refback Oct 25th, 11 06:10 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Really too much This thread Refback Oct 20th, 11 11:51 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: O+ Platelets and Blood This thread Refback Jan 6th, 11 10:54 AM
blekko | http://vr-zone.com/ /link This thread Refback Dec 1st, 10 07:14 AM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Admitted again at 12 midnight with a fever and tummy ache This thread Refback Mar 28th, 10 09:41 AM
[Singapore] Spreading A Word: Help Charmaine Fight Against Neuroblastoma - The Banzai! Effect This thread Refback Nov 25th, 09 05:34 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Little helpers This thread Refback Aug 13th, 09 12:35 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: July 2009 This thread Refback Jul 2nd, 09 04:50 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Fund Raising (Baking) BROWNIES This thread Refback Jul 1st, 09 03:33 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Fund Raising activities This thread Refback Jun 30th, 09 01:59 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: A BIG THANK YOU to everyone!!!!!!!!!! This thread Refback Jun 30th, 09 01:52 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Rafi Ali Soccer School , with thanks This thread Refback Jun 30th, 09 10:49 AM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: February 2009 This thread Refback Jun 26th, 09 12:48 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Updates on Donation This thread Refback Jun 24th, 09 09:36 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Updates for Day 6 after surgery This thread Refback Jun 24th, 09 08:12 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: On Cash Donation and Pay Pal This thread Refback Jun 24th, 09 05:14 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine This thread Refback Jun 24th, 09 01:55 PM

New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads