Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
mitecsg Registered User

Trade rep: 5 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
mitecsg Jun 27th, 09, 09:00 PM #46
Charmaine

Hang on you are very near to recovery......

Her Care taker

Dont forget taking care of yourself, you need to be fit and healthy to fight the fight with Charmaine

God Bless........
sg.png
firdie
FIRDIElicious

Trade rep: 9 (100%)
firdie Jun 27th, 09, 10:23 PM #47
This is indeed ridiculous .Thousands of more ppl are more deserving of help .They already collected $300,000 in funds .

Other organizetions are working day and night to get funds .

Please help Childrens Cancer Association - Hair for hope ect. and other more needy people .
sg.png
darKHell Brownhead

Trade rep: 4 (100%)
darKHell Jul 13th, 09, 03:25 PM #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by firdie View Post
This is indeed ridiculous .Thousands of more ppl are more deserving of help .They already collected $300,000 in funds .

Other organizetions are working day and night to get funds .

Please help Childrens Cancer Association - Hair for hope ect. and other more needy people .
"Thousands of more ppl are more deserving of help", do u mean to say that she is not deserving of help? if u dun feel comfortable helping, then may i kindly request that u to not post unneeded comments.

We all know there are alot of ppl out there deserving our help, and i am sure most ppl here tries to help out as much as they are possible.
sg.png
eleewhm
メルヴィンリ- です

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
eleewhm Jul 13th, 09, 04:07 PM #49
there are different views on this case.. but either way.. get well soon...
sg.png
teddybears Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
re: teddybears Jul 14th, 09, 04:23 PM #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cygig View Post
Actually I still dun understand how does cute or ugly plays a part in winning donations. Hey, im not saying Charmaine is using her cuteness as exploitation, but let me explain why u dun need to be cute to win donation.

If you want pictures to bring in donations, you need it to evoke the sympathy of the readers (along side with providing information of the person). To evoke sympathy, there are many ways you can do it:

1. Using cute photos to show its a pity that this cutie is dying (which is what u said in this case)
2. Using a photo of the person will all needles and tubes poked into him lying there to show the pain he going thru.
3. Using the photo showing physical wearing out of that person by the illness, ie chemo until no hair left, abnormal growth on body, distorted limbs etc etc.
4. Using a photo showing the poor living condition of a person

and much more. In number 2,3 and 4, it would evoke sympathy without needing the subject to be cute. He can be fugly but the sight of him lying there barely living could be as effective as a photo showing a cute girl and saying she is fighting illness.

This beggar definitely isnt cute...But if this photo is used, I dun think there would be less donation..

This dying grandpa isnt cute as well..

This guy isnt handsome or cute (in fact quite ugly), but seeing him in such a state would made me want to help him.

Thats why if your point is

"You do not need photos posted all over the internet to win donations...that is gaining sympathy and making use of ppl, otherwise i would expect the donations to be much less."

I would have understood and respected your view (dun mean i would agree with you though). But if you say

"You do not need cute photos posted all over the internet to win donations...if the person in need is not as cute looking, or in fact looks damn ugly, i would expect the donations to be much less."

Then that is a bit weird liao. Becos,
Cute != More Donation
Ugly != Much Less Donation

Maybe you would ask "Then why post such cute pictures to gain sympathy of ppl? Isnt that making use of ppl?"

In the first place, if you really want more donation, its quite futile to post a neutral photo, or no photo at all, of a kid happily enjoying herself and say "She needs money for treatment" I wun be convinced lor, little sympathy would be evoked, very little donation would come, not even barely enough for her treatment and you might as well close the site down.

In the second place, I dun think its really making use of ppl, as charmaine might be really that in need of help. The situation she is in is accurately depicted in her photo and not exaggerated. Her mom most prolly REALLY feel pain in seeing her cute daughter put under so much when she is so young. She is most prolly REALLY that sick. As for the "sympathy" part, its just like other commercial advertisement: you can always choose not to believe and donate/buy. Its up to you to judge.
hope they get well.
sg.png
long2008

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
long2008 Aug 3rd, 09, 10:13 AM #51
need face to work also
sg.png
↑↓ Linkbacks
Posted By For Type Date
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Badges & Buttons This thread Refback Jun 25th, 14 02:47 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine This thread Refback May 31st, 14 02:37 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: A birthday with a whole new meaning... for my feisty little princess... Happy Birthday Charmaine. This thread Refback Jan 17th, 14 06:50 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine This thread Refback Jun 20th, 12 11:16 AM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: January 2012 This thread Refback Jan 20th, 12 04:45 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: December 2011 This thread Refback Dec 28th, 11 11:56 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Who We Are This thread Refback Nov 15th, 11 09:48 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: On Char Operation This thread Refback Oct 27th, 11 11:26 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Wake Details This thread Refback Oct 25th, 11 06:10 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Really too much This thread Refback Oct 20th, 11 11:51 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: O+ Platelets and Blood This thread Refback Jan 6th, 11 10:54 AM
blekko | http://vr-zone.com/ /link This thread Refback Dec 1st, 10 07:14 AM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Admitted again at 12 midnight with a fever and tummy ache This thread Refback Mar 28th, 10 09:41 AM
[Singapore] Spreading A Word: Help Charmaine Fight Against Neuroblastoma - The Banzai! Effect This thread Refback Nov 25th, 09 05:34 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Little helpers This thread Refback Aug 13th, 09 12:35 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: July 2009 This thread Refback Jul 2nd, 09 04:50 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Fund Raising (Baking) BROWNIES This thread Refback Jul 1st, 09 03:33 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Fund Raising activities This thread Refback Jun 30th, 09 01:59 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: A BIG THANK YOU to everyone!!!!!!!!!! This thread Refback Jun 30th, 09 01:52 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Rafi Ali Soccer School , with thanks This thread Refback Jun 30th, 09 10:49 AM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: February 2009 This thread Refback Jun 26th, 09 12:48 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Updates on Donation This thread Refback Jun 24th, 09 09:36 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: Updates for Day 6 after surgery This thread Refback Jun 24th, 09 08:12 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine: On Cash Donation and Pay Pal This thread Refback Jun 24th, 09 05:14 PM
Feisty Princess Charmaine This thread Refback Jun 24th, 09 01:55 PM

New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads