Toddler dies after choking on pacifier
A 16-month-old boy has died after choking on a pacifier while asleep at his babysitter's house at Taman Sri Petaling, Kulim, reported Berita Harian.
In the 3pm incident, the 30-year-old babysitter discovered Ahmad Shaqif Firdaus Yuzamberi had turned blue.
She realised he had choked on the pacifier when she saw a part of the handle sticking out of his mouth.
The babysitter informed the boy's parents before taking him to the Taman Selasih government clinic. The boy was later rushed to Hospital Kulim.
"However, the doctor who attended to the boy found that he had died," said the source.
A police spokesman said the case had been classified as sudden death.