Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
MinMin
The One and Only

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
(News) SAF promotes officers, warrant officers and military experts in annual exercis MinMin Jun 25th, 10, 12:08 PM #1
SAF promotes officers, warrant officers and military experts in annual exercise

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) promoted 499 officers, 147 warrant officers and 74 military experts from the Army, Navy and Air Force to the next higher rank.

The promoted personnel included regulars and Operationally-Ready National Servicemen.

They received their certificates of promotion at a ceremony at the Ministry of Defence on Thursday.

Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean as well as the Chief of Defence Force Major-General Neo Kian Hong gave out certificates to the various personnel.

Among the officers promoted this year are Major-General Neo himself, who is promoted to the rank of Lieutenant-General.

Also promoted - Chief of Army Brigadier-General Chan Chun Sing and Chief of Air Force Brigadier-General Ng Chee Meng, both to the next rank of Major-General.

In addition, six Colonels are promoted to the rank of Brigadier-General and Rear-Admiral.

Mindef said the promotion exercise is part of ongoing efforts to recognise, reward and groom officers, warrant officers and military experts.

They have performed well and demonstrated potential to contribute more to the SAF.

All the promotions take effect on July 1 which is also SAF Day.

LTC Fadzully Abas, promoted to Senior LTC, said: "The new rank reminds me of my responsibility and will inspire me to do better more for my people and also to raise the standards of training of the units under me."

Col Ngien Hoon Ping, promoted to Brigadier-General, said: "SAF has given me many opportunities to lead, interact with men and at the same time in between such command tours, there're also opportunities in terms of staff appointments where you see the bigger picture of MINDEF and SAF." - CNA/vm

sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads