Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
domho7
Uncle Hoot & amp;amp; amp;amp; amp; amp; amp; a mp; amp; amp; amp; a mp; amp; amp; a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; a mp; Hoot more

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Massage Parlours SIONG liao domho7 Jun 24th, 06, 10:46 PM #1

SINGAPORE: Massage parlours will now face more stringent regulations before they can operate.

Private rooms with curtains are a common sight in massage parlours, and many of unlicensed massage parlours have sprouted out in HDB heartlands, causing many residents to feel uncomfortable with the secrecy of their services behind closed doors.

But that will now change with the new regulations starting Monday.

Massage parlours have to comply with new requirements before they can be exempted from applying for a license, renewed annually.

Under the new law, massage outlets must remove the curtains and individual rooms if they are not certified under professional bodies like the Ministry of Health.

After that, they must also register their businesses with the Police.

If they do not register, they can be fined up to S$1000.

These new regulations also include operating their businesses in full view of passers-by and employment criteria.

For operators that are unlicensed and have been given exemptions, they can erect partitions only if they are certified under professional bodies like the Health Ministry or the Singapore Physiotherapy Association.

Licensed ones can operate in private rooms and their employees may now be asked to undergo medical health screenings such as tests for sexually transmitted diseases.

The operators have 2 months till August 26 to comply with the new rules.

"Increasingly, we've been finding more establishments breaching the conditions and conducting illegal activities behind their facade. Now we have to tighten these conditions to curb the growth of these illegal activities and make sure the spa industry and the massage industry in Singapore continues to have a good name and reputation," said Audrey Ang, Deputy Superintendent, Singapore Police Force.

For the first 5 months of this year, police caught about 150 massage parlours operating without exemption or proper license.

Slightly over 50 foreign women were also arrested for illegal activities in such places during the same period. - CNA /dt

Get Yan's DIY Cables!!!
sg.png
reddevil0728

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
reddevil0728 Jun 24th, 06, 10:59 PM #2
lol
I will not procrastinate, I will start tomorrow!

Whatever floats your boat... It takes two hands to clap.
sg.png
hangyong
BIG F*ck... & I mean BIG

Trade rep: 4 (100%)
hangyong Jul 12th, 06, 10:42 AM #3
knn... I think closing down massage parlours in Singapore is a big fugging stupid idea.

last night, I went geylang (not to call pros lah.. was there with wife for supper after seeing her brother off at the airport).

and wah laoz.... the number of pros has machiam increased by the log scale...

They close down all the massage parlours and the PDMM no money, all become pros in Geylang. Last time can still be discreet, now, bo chup... immediately wack...

Basically the legislation and closing of Massage Parlours is just plain stupid. It just make the situation worst by making everything which where happening behind doors all exposed under the sun....

and the worst part is... I cannot find parking to park and get my Tao Hwe! nbcb...
sg.png
Maxwell
Non Singing Elmo

Trade rep: 7 (100%)
Maxwell Jul 12th, 06, 10:45 AM #4
haiz this really sucks big time la.

they cannot even clear the streets they wanna clear indoors and let the indoors be OUT doors =)
sg.png
Entropy
Moderaper

Trade rep: 17 (100%)
Entropy Jul 12th, 06, 10:46 AM #5
LOL.... maybe now you'll actually get a fantastic qualified massage followed by special as opposed to a lousy massage followed by special
sg.png
hangyong
BIG F*ck... & I mean BIG

hangyong Jul 12th, 06, 11:02 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell
haiz this really sucks big time la.

they cannot even clear the streets they wanna clear indoors and let the indoors be OUT doors =)
ya.. you know about the Joo Chiat incedent??

at first, when the problem of KTV/Bars/MassageParlour was starting, the MP for Joo Chiat say no problems leh.. no one complain leh.

Then, when Joo Chiat people stsart to do something about it, then he realised there is a problem.

Then start to do damage control, and close a few, and announce to the news say he doing job.

recently, he go onto papaers and say the problem will be settled by year 2008.

Nah beh... you need 2 fugging years to solve a situation like these?? What kind of a MP is this?? How can Joo Chiat people still vote him back siah??

then again... you go and see Joo Chiat now... yeah.. no more PRC.... now all Vietnamese....
sg.png
hencpu
白いフェティッシ

Trade rep: 21 (100%)
hencpu Jul 12th, 06, 11:10 AM #7
2 of the parlours near my house closed down liao...

always see lots of China message ladies ard...
sg.png
bozo
devil's advocate

bozo Jul 12th, 06, 11:26 AM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangyong
ya.. you know about the Joo Chiat incedent??

at first, when the problem of KTV/Bars/MassageParlour was starting, the MP for Joo Chiat say no problems leh.. no one complain leh.

Then, when Joo Chiat people stsart to do something about it, then he realised there is a problem.

Then start to do damage control, and close a few, and announce to the news say he doing job.

recently, he go onto papaers and say the problem will be settled by year 2008.

Nah beh... you need 2 fugging years to solve a situation like these?? What kind of a MP is this?? How can Joo Chiat people still vote him back siah??

then again... you go and see Joo Chiat now... yeah.. no more PRC.... now all Vietnamese....
lol isit..... i live like 800m from MPCC, but i'm in JC GRC. eh did you know that the MP is from stanford? lol!
sg.png
hangyong
BIG F*ck... & I mean BIG

hangyong Jul 12th, 06, 11:31 AM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo
lol isit..... i live like 800m from MPCC, but i'm in JC GRC. eh did you know that the MP is from stanford? lol!
wah lan.. I think stanford must be damn lao kui now...
sg.png
DiGdUb
Dubby.

DiGdUb Jul 12th, 06, 11:36 AM #10
massage parlour suddenly got this law because of the murder case in amk recently right? and you know who is mp for amk? thats why got so fast action lor. joo chiat so many years liao, also not much enforcement.
sg.png
hangyong
BIG F*ck... & I mean BIG

hangyong Jul 12th, 06, 11:39 AM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGdUb
massage parlour suddenly got this law because of the murder case in amk recently right? and you know who is mp for amk? thats why got so fast action lor. joo chiat so many years liao, also not much enforcement.
massage palour in AMK also damn long liao lah...

from what I know... there are a few FL operating in AMK somemore... (according to sammyboy forum)

why the sudden death?

so I guess some smart ass has cleared this fella's ass ans put the sai in Geylang and make everything exposed to the sun instead of behind doors lah??
sg.png
Demonlism
Old Schooler

Trade rep: 16 (100%)
Demonlism Jul 12th, 06, 11:40 AM #12
if they gonna check the employees for AIDS, means they allow "special" services to be done in parlours?
sg.png
Linear Mode Linear Mode