Smile Sony Metal MP 60 cassette tape convertor

Hi, I got a couple of Sony Metal MP 60 cassette tapes (video) taken from an old Sony video recorder. Its in video8 format. My videocam/adapter seems to have malfunctioned.

I would like to convert them into a digital format (eg. avi, wmv).. anyone here knows how can i do it? Any devices that I need to purchase and the cost?

Willing to pay for people to help me convert.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by xxxjhxxx; Sep 5th, 10 at 07:35 PM.
    I reserve the rights to SELL and to accept other bids unless transaction is done within 24hrs after deal. Sellers/buyers who withdraw 24hours before transaction will be banned and given a bad rating. No refunds for incompatible hardware.

Need computer repair? Building new computer? Network troubleshooting? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by xxxjhxxx View Post
    Hi, I got a couple of Sony Metal MP 60 cassette tapes (video) taken from an old Sony video recorder. I would like to convert them into a digital format (eg. avi, wmv).. anyone here knows how can i do it? Any devices that I need to purchase and the cost? Thanks in advance!
    Do you still have the camera / player to play back the video?

Recording into digital format, you can either use DVD Recorder (Disc Type) or use a computer to record, but it depends on the spec of your machine, so can match the correct hardware
    Intel Core i7 2600k | ASUS Z68V Pro | ASUS GTX460 TOP 1GB DDR5 | 16GB Kingston DDR III 1333 | DELL 24" 2407-HC | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB x 2 RAID 0 + WD Black 1TB + WD AVGP 2TB | LG 22x DVD Writer | Cooler Master CM690 | Aerocool 650W Modular | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music | Logitech Z906 5.1 THX

yes I have the camcorder but do not have the cable to connect to my pc, I am also not sure if my graphics card support. I don't know if I can just connect directly to my DVD recorder. Full model is Sony CCD-TR305E Handycam
    I reserve the rights to SELL and to accept other bids unless transaction is done within 24hrs after deal. Sellers/buyers who withdraw 24hours before transaction will be banned and given a bad rating. No refunds for incompatible hardware.

ok, i just tried connecting, seems that the adapter is spoilt. Are there any shops that help me to do the recording? Or anywhere I buy the Sony AC-V35 20W adaptor? I would prefer to get a shop to do the redoring coz I have about 20 tapes..

Your camcorder got RCA out or any analogue video out?

If yes, you need this:

US$9.29

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5707

or

US$$27.24

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35826
    Last edited by cygig; Aug 1st, 10 at 04:17 PM.

ya i have analouge out but now my power adaptor is spoilt. So I need another one or the best way is to get someone to do it..

ya i have analouge out but now my power adaptor is spoilt. So I need another one or the best way is to get someone to do it..
    Power brick buy from SLT lor. Look for its voltage and current requirement. Then look for the appropriate plug it uses, but it, cut off from the power brick's and solder it on. Try Kaichin.

You do computer repair, this should be chicken feet for you.

yea problem is i have a lot of tapes, dont have time to manually go and record one after another.. and the videocam so long nv use alr dunno spoilt anot.. its quite troublesome to do it myself.. do you know if there are any shops that provide this kinda of service?

yea problem is i have a lot of tapes, dont have time to manually go and record one after another.. and the videocam so long nv use alr dunno spoilt anot.. its quite troublesome to do it myself.. do you know if there are any shops that provide this kinda of service?
    There are shops in backlane SLS that does these kinda of services. I dunno of they chop carrot head though.

If I'm not wrong, it cost as much as $20 per hour of video.

Some shop might not have players for your tape and still require your cam corder for playback.
    Last edited by cygig; Aug 1st, 10 at 06:31 PM.

which shops can i go to? Any recommendations?

bump for info

Hmm.. if i have the time i can help you... but time is a problem for me
    I have lots of Sony 8mm tapes from my old camcorder too.
    Hopefully camcorder still can power on
    Intel Core i7 2600k | ASUS Z68V Pro | ASUS GTX460 TOP 1GB DDR5 | 16GB Kingston DDR III 1333 | DELL 24" 2407-HC | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB x 2 RAID 0 + WD Black 1TB + WD AVGP 2TB | LG 22x DVD Writer | Cooler Master CM690 | Aerocool 650W Modular | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music | Logitech Z906 5.1 THX

haha yes... thanks a lot.. i have lots of tapes too, thats why need to find a reliable shop to convert/someone to help out. My camcorder adapter is spoilt and my attempt to make a DIY adaptor failed..

bump for help