Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
xxxjhxxx

Trade rep: 9 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Sony Metal MP 60 cassette tape convertor xxxjhxxx Aug 1st, 10, 02:48 PM #1
Hi, I got a couple of Sony Metal MP 60 cassette tapes (video) taken from an old Sony video recorder. Its in video8 format. My videocam/adapter seems to have malfunctioned.

I would like to convert them into a digital format (eg. avi, wmv).. anyone here knows how can i do it? Any devices that I need to purchase and the cost?

Willing to pay for people to help me convert.

Thanks in advance!

I reserve the rights to SELL and to accept other bids unless transaction is done within 24hrs after deal. Sellers/buyers who withdraw 24hours before transaction will be banned and given a bad rating. No refunds for incompatible hardware.

Need computer repair? Building new computer? Network troubleshooting? PM me!
sg.png
Last edited by xxxjhxxx; Sep 5th, 10 at 07:35 PM..
koohansen
Homo sapiens

Trade rep: 13 (100%)
koohansen Aug 1st, 10, 03:05 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjhxxx View Post
Hi, I got a couple of Sony Metal MP 60 cassette tapes (video) taken from an old Sony video recorder. I would like to convert them into a digital format (eg. avi, wmv).. anyone here knows how can i do it? Any devices that I need to purchase and the cost? Thanks in advance!
Do you still have the camera / player to play back the video?

Recording into digital format, you can either use DVD Recorder (Disc Type) or use a computer to record, but it depends on the spec of your machine, so can match the correct hardware
Intel Core i7 2600k | ASUS Z68V Pro | ASUS GTX460 TOP 1GB DDR5 | 16GB Kingston DDR III 1333 | DELL 24" 2407-HC | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB x 2 RAID 0 + WD Black 1TB + WD AVGP 2TB | LG 22x DVD Writer | Cooler Master CM690 | Aerocool 650W Modular | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music | Logitech Z906 5.1 THX
sg.png
xxxjhxxx

xxxjhxxx Aug 1st, 10, 03:29 PM #3
yes I have the camcorder but do not have the cable to connect to my pc, I am also not sure if my graphics card support. I don't know if I can just connect directly to my DVD recorder. Full model is Sony CCD-TR305E Handycam
I reserve the rights to SELL and to accept other bids unless transaction is done within 24hrs after deal. Sellers/buyers who withdraw 24hours before transaction will be banned and given a bad rating. No refunds for incompatible hardware.

sg.png
xxxjhxxx

xxxjhxxx Aug 1st, 10, 03:43 PM #4
ok, i just tried connecting, seems that the adapter is spoilt. Are there any shops that help me to do the recording? Or anywhere I buy the Sony AC-V35 20W adaptor? I would prefer to get a shop to do the redoring coz I have about 20 tapes..

sg.png
cygig
ZOMBiE

Trade rep: 4 (100%)
cygig Aug 1st, 10, 04:08 PM #5
Your camcorder got RCA out or any analogue video out?

If yes, you need this:

US$9.29

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5707

or

US$$27.24

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35826
sg.png
Last edited by cygig; Aug 1st, 10 at 04:17 PM..
xxxjhxxx

xxxjhxxx Aug 1st, 10, 04:19 PM #6
ya i have analouge out but now my power adaptor is spoilt. So I need another one or the best way is to get someone to do it..

sg.png
cygig
ZOMBiE

cygig Aug 1st, 10, 04:26 PM #7
Quote:
ya i have analouge out but now my power adaptor is spoilt. So I need another one or the best way is to get someone to do it..
Power brick buy from SLT lor. Look for its voltage and current requirement. Then look for the appropriate plug it uses, but it, cut off from the power brick's and solder it on. Try Kaichin.

You do computer repair, this should be chicken feet for you.
sg.png
xxxjhxxx

xxxjhxxx Aug 1st, 10, 06:08 PM #8
yea problem is i have a lot of tapes, dont have time to manually go and record one after another.. and the videocam so long nv use alr dunno spoilt anot.. its quite troublesome to do it myself.. do you know if there are any shops that provide this kinda of service?

sg.png
cygig
ZOMBiE

cygig Aug 1st, 10, 06:27 PM #9
Quote:
yea problem is i have a lot of tapes, dont have time to manually go and record one after another.. and the videocam so long nv use alr dunno spoilt anot.. its quite troublesome to do it myself.. do you know if there are any shops that provide this kinda of service?
There are shops in backlane SLS that does these kinda of services. I dunno of they chop carrot head though.

If I'm not wrong, it cost as much as $20 per hour of video.

Some shop might not have players for your tape and still require your cam corder for playback.
sg.png
Last edited by cygig; Aug 1st, 10 at 06:31 PM..
xxxjhxxx

xxxjhxxx Aug 2nd, 10, 08:46 PM #10
which shops can i go to? Any recommendations?

sg.png
xxxjhxxx

xxxjhxxx Aug 24th, 10, 10:51 PM #11
bump for info

sg.png
koohansen
Homo sapiens

Trade rep: 13 (100%)
koohansen Aug 24th, 10, 11:16 PM #12
Hmm.. if i have the time i can help you... but time is a problem for me
I have lots of Sony 8mm tapes from my old camcorder too.
Hopefully camcorder still can power on
Intel Core i7 2600k | ASUS Z68V Pro | ASUS GTX460 TOP 1GB DDR5 | 16GB Kingston DDR III 1333 | DELL 24" 2407-HC | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB x 2 RAID 0 + WD Black 1TB + WD AVGP 2TB | LG 22x DVD Writer | Cooler Master CM690 | Aerocool 650W Modular | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music | Logitech Z906 5.1 THX
sg.png
xxxjhxxx

xxxjhxxx Aug 25th, 10, 10:30 PM #13
haha yes... thanks a lot.. i have lots of tapes too, thats why need to find a reliable shop to convert/someone to help out. My camcorder adapter is spoilt and my attempt to make a DIY adaptor failed..

sg.png
xxxjhxxx

xxxjhxxx Aug 28th, 10, 12:21 AM #14
bump for help

sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads