Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
meep83 Hot Spring Turtle

Trade rep: 27 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Any idea how much Those people colelcting cancer donations are getting ? meep83 Dec 23rd, 10, 11:35 AM #1
Just wondering. Cos I have been donating for over a year, recently i just
found out that they are not volunteers but are getting commission. They can't disclose
their commission but said i can call the Singapore Cancer Society and ask. But... no one
has been picking up. So i'm just wondering, any one knows how much they are getting ?

sg.png
Del_CtrlnoAlt

Trade rep: 7 (100%)
Del_CtrlnoAlt Dec 23rd, 10, 11:38 AM #2
real anot? if liddat i seriously should just ignore them.
sg.png
ReporterSG
Studio Director

Trade rep: 116 (100%)
ReporterSG Dec 23rd, 10, 11:55 AM #3
I know,

every 15 dollar to SCS, the fund raisers get 1 dollar, compare to doing TV shows.
Every 5 Dollar to SCS, Media gets 1 dollar.

This explains why after the Gov sets in, only 30% of the total fund can be use to raise more funds. Alot of them switch to APPCO group. Cheaper and higher returns, tho slower compared to TV shows
ReporterSG's OC Rig IceBlue CM 690 @ CM690 Club

SWAG - My Dance Studio @ Tiong Baru

My Son's Blog 'Diliaious'
sg.png
Del_CtrlnoAlt

Del_CtrlnoAlt Dec 23rd, 10, 12:08 PM #4
ok... stop donating...
sg.png
Maruku
And Your Point is???

Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Maruku Dec 23rd, 10, 03:09 PM #5
So MediaCorp is funded by the govt or are they considered a pte commercial entity?
sg.png
Del_CtrlnoAlt

Del_CtrlnoAlt Dec 23rd, 10, 03:15 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruku View Post
So MediaCorp is funded by the govt or are they considered a pte commercial entity?
u gotta be sleeping... its privatised long ago...
sg.png
Thanks to Del_CtrlnoAlt for this useful post! Dec 23rd, 10, from Maruku
Dreamslacker
Bipolar Narcissistic

Trade rep: 6 (100%)
Dreamslacker Dec 23rd, 10, 03:21 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep83 View Post
Just wondering. Cos I have been donating for over a year, recently i just
found out that they are not volunteers but are getting commission. They can't disclose
their commission but said i can call the Singapore Cancer Society and ask. But... no one
has been picking up. So i'm just wondering, any one knows how much they are getting ?
The society themselves won't really know. Most of these pple are under a "group" that does roadshows, credit cards etc. They get a low basic ($800) and commission to top it off. Then there's a tiered quota system.
e.g. $20 per credit card signed, avg. 4 CC's a day get extra $200 that month, avg. 5 CC's get $100 more etc..
By the time they hit avg. 8 - 12CC's a day, total income can hit $4k - 6k (depending on the group owner) for the month.

Then, there's the MLM system. You get these pple under a Team Leader who gets a small cut, who in turn is under an Assistant Manager who also gets a cut from team leaders under them and then the group owner...

The thing is, although they work for a company/ biz, they're considered self employed. i.e. they're like contractors for the company so there are no staff benefits or CPF for them at all. But they are paid in cash on a weekly basis.
An Idle Mind Walks in Dark Places
sg.png
Thanks to Dreamslacker for this useful post! Dec 23rd, 10, from khaos83_2000
Maruku
And Your Point is???

Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Maruku Dec 23rd, 10, 03:27 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
u gotta be sleeping... its privatised long ago...
haha. i think i am. Had not watch local FTA channels for like a few yrs at least......
sg.png
khaos83_2000 Registered User

Trade rep: 4 (100%)
khaos83_2000 Dec 23rd, 10, 03:32 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamslacker View Post
The society themselves won't really know. Most of these pple are under a "group" that does roadshows, credit cards etc. They get a low basic ($800) and commission to top it off. Then there's a tiered quota system.
e.g. $20 per credit card signed, avg. 4 CC's a day get extra $200 that month, avg. 5 CC's get $100 more etc..
By the time they hit avg. 8 - 12CC's a day, total income can hit $4k - 6k (depending on the group owner) for the month.

Then, there's the MLM system. You get these pple under a Team Leader who gets a small cut, who in turn is under an Assistant Manager who also gets a cut from team leaders under them and then the group owner...

The thing is, although they work for a company/ biz, they're considered self employed. i.e. they're like contractors for the company so there are no staff benefits or CPF for them at all. But they are paid in cash on a weekly basis.
thanks for the great insight
sg.png
Dreamslacker
Bipolar Narcissistic

Trade rep: 6 (100%)
Dreamslacker Dec 23rd, 10, 03:37 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaos83_2000 View Post
thanks for the great insight
Have friends who used to do this stuff..

Now you know why those credit card sign up folks are so hard up to get you to sign up for a credit card.. They get $10 - $20 (depending on the bank) per sign up.

Other stuff like MIO TV, Hubclub, charity donations etc also engage these contractors. I'm not sure what the payout is like for the charity side though. Didn't bother to ask. But they also actively push for it despite lower payouts because their performance is used as a gauge to determine if they can climb the ladder and start recruiting kah-kias to leech upriding commissions from.

A lot of politics also.. One friend quit because he couldn't get promoted to assistant manager. Not because he can't perform but because the group owner didn't want him to promote. As a team leader, he can still go to roadshows and sell. As AM, he can't. And his sales will earn the group owner more than if he hits AM and stops selling.
An Idle Mind Walks in Dark Places
sg.png
meep83 Hot Spring Turtle

meep83 Dec 23rd, 10, 04:40 PM #11
Ok, i'm cancelling mine... Singapore Cancer Society picked up and the lady told me they get 25%... every month.... so my $48 they get... $12... and SCS still charges me administrative fee $0.60...

But seriously i'm cancelling mine... no transparency at all... and 25% a month i feel is a shockingly high figure... Wonder who else besides the sales person is taking a cut of my monthly donation... how much is actually left at the end...

if you guys interested you can call to check again : 6421 5816
thats the direct line to the Donations dept. Don't call the 6221 0133 the promoters tell you you can call cos no one will pick up one...

PS: That number is direct from the singapore cancer society website :
http://www.singaporecancersociety.or...ntact-us.shtml
sg.png
Last edited by meep83; Dec 23rd, 10 at 04:47 PM..
wwenze
Newbie of Now and Forever

Trade rep: 23 (100%)
wwenze Dec 23rd, 10, 05:13 PM #12
If they manage to collect more money for the beneficiaries ok wat.

Now you donate $48k, their pay 12k, beneficiaries get $36k.

Better than bo bo chap chap type of volunteers that don't have family to feed. Maybe use those type without even giving incentive can only get $20k?
sg.png
LgO-sluglives Banned

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
LgO-sluglives Dec 23rd, 10, 05:21 PM #13
its hard to find volunteers in singapore.. we all have families and girlfriends to feed and look after... most of the charities used to source manpower from retirees and school kids...

but now retirees have to go back to work coz what they saved is not enuff and school kids not into the volunteering lifestyle...

all that is left are wannabe politicans, grassroot ppl and beauty pagent wannabes... tats berry berry little manpower for all the charities.

now when u ask a school to go shake cans... they will reply "wats in it for me"

times have changed.
sg.png
meep83 Hot Spring Turtle

meep83 Dec 23rd, 10, 06:39 PM #14
True, but if i cancel this and then donate directly do you think the full amount will got to the cancer society ? or will the 25% be randomly assigned to some other person ?
sg.png
Triple3
huh?

Trade rep: 3 (100%)
Triple3 Dec 23rd, 10, 06:54 PM #15
I kenna those Cancer society people asking me to donate using my CC, I tell them that I'm doing it online.

Well, for those of you who like to use your CC for trouble free donation. Why not try
SG Gives you give $100, the charity gets $100, then every quarter they will be billed GST and CC charges of $3.21 per $100(?) check this page for more info.
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads