Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
Kensys
Manny Calavera

Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Kensys Mar 22nd, 12, 10:58 AM #1651

Well i do have my meals in front of my pc at times, maybe it's a bad idea to get such a big cloth mouse pad then, might have to clean it more than i use it
sg.png
Undarken
ಠ_ಠ

Trade rep: 49 (100%)
Undarken Mar 22nd, 12, 11:30 AM #1652
Another way is to eat carefully...
Input Fetish!
Mice : Deathadder 3.5G BE | Deathadder 3.5G | Deathadder 3G White | Copperhead | Abyssus | Spawn | X5
Mousepad : 9HD | Qck
Keyboard : Filco Yellow Edition | Filco "Otaku" | Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless | Leopold FC500R | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Noppoo Choc Mini
Headset : HD555

VR-Forum's Mechanical Keyboard Club, Guide and Discussion Thread
VR-Forum's Mouse/Mousepad Club, Guide and Discussion Thread
sg.png
marclgw
NIQMODS

Trade rep: 129 (100%)
marclgw Mar 22nd, 12, 01:59 PM #1653
Xtracpads are they similar to corepad?

NIQMODS Keycaps & Accessories Official Sales Thread < - Click Here!

[Mini Sales] NIQMODS In-House Keycaps - Click Here!

Dell + Powercolour In-House Promo < - Click Here!

Keyboard: Cherry G80-3494-LYCUS-0, Filco Majestouch 2 (Brown Switch) , KBC Poker (Brown Switch) , G80-3800 (Brown Switch) , M.Stone Santorini 87 (Blue Switch)
sg.png
Undarken
ಠ_ಠ

Undarken Mar 22nd, 12, 02:16 PM #1654
Quote:
Originally Posted by marclgw View Post
Xtracpads are they similar to corepad?
Nope. Xtracpads are said to make the best clothpads called "Talent" in the market but I ain't a fan of clothpads so I didn't try them.
Input Fetish!
Mice : Deathadder 3.5G BE | Deathadder 3.5G | Deathadder 3G White | Copperhead | Abyssus | Spawn | X5
Keyboard : Filco Yellow Edition | Filco "Otaku" | Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless | Leopold FC500R | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Noppoo Choc Mini

sg.png
SimoxTav Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
SimoxTav Mar 22nd, 12, 07:41 PM #1655
Hello all, I found this thread while I was browsing the web looking for a new gaming mouse and mousepad. Considering I spent the last 2 days looking around for feedbacks for the mice, I decided to move and get the mousepad first and i chose a Razer Kabuto (due the need to have one portable and because I love soft mat more than hard ones). Anyway now I have to choose the mouse but I have some perplexities. I had the opportunity to try my old Habu on the Kabuto it but seems to jitter and also the Steelseries Xai seems to have a similar issue. My kind of grip is a half way between fingertip and palm (more fingertip I'd say). Do I have to stick with optical mice due the soft mat pad? Any suggestions? I was looking for the Orochi (due its portability too), but i'm open to any good model that fit my needs and have at least 5 buttons. Thanks in advance!

Simone
it.png
rickysio
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trade rep: 33 (100%)
rickysio Mar 22nd, 12, 08:14 PM #1656
I have a Goliathus Extended. Now it's just sitting in the box in my cabinet. Speaks about the utility of a long mousepad... or it might just be me...
It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.
sg.png
Kensys
Manny Calavera

Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Kensys Mar 22nd, 12, 08:49 PM #1657
Talking about Goliathus Extended, just saw it just now when i was outside walking around, saw the mouse pad dimension, it fits my table size just nice ! but then again, no hurry to buy, so i'm thinking whether do i really need it
sg.png
rickysio
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rickysio Mar 22nd, 12, 09:02 PM #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensys View Post
Talking about Goliathus Extended, just saw it just now when i was outside walking around, saw the mouse pad dimension, it fits my table size just nice ! but then again, no hurry to buy, so i'm thinking whether do i really need it
Yup think about it hard haha since if you buy then find out it's not useful you wasted $$...
It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.
sg.png
Undarken
ಠ_ಠ

Undarken Mar 22nd, 12, 11:45 PM #1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoxTav View Post
Hello all, I found this thread while I was browsing the web looking for a new gaming mouse and mousepad. Considering I spent the last 2 days looking around for feedbacks for the mice, I decided to move and get the mousepad first and i chose a Razer Kabuto (due the need to have one portable and because I love soft mat more than hard ones). Anyway now I have to choose the mouse but I have some perplexities. I had the opportunity to try my old Habu on the Kabuto it but seems to jitter and also the Steelseries Xai seems to have a similar issue. My kind of grip is a half way between fingertip and palm (more fingertip I'd say). Do I have to stick with optical mice due the soft mat pad? Any suggestions? I was looking for the Orochi (due its portability too), but i'm open to any good model that fit my needs and have at least 5 buttons. Thanks in advance!

Simone
Hi Simone,

I strongly believe that the problem is due the the Razer Kabuto. As a clothpad, it tend to trap dust and dirt which will cause the mouse to jumpy. Try using a cheap alternative, paper(quality ones of course). It should solve the jitter issue but if it doesn't, the lens of the mouse might be dusty.

Mouse wise, have you considered the Razer Deathadder or CM Spawn? They are both great-performing optical mouse. Orochi is a very bad choice as there a well documented flaw that the Orochi tend to go into sleep mode very quickly.
Input Fetish!

sg.png
SimoxTav Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
SimoxTav Mar 23rd, 12, 05:49 PM #1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undarken View Post
Hi Simone,

I strongly believe that the problem is due the the Razer Kabuto. As a clothpad, it tend to trap dust and dirt which will cause the mouse to jumpy. Try using a cheap alternative, paper(quality ones of course). It should solve the jitter issue but if it doesn't, the lens of the mouse might be dusty.

Mouse wise, have you considered the Razer Deathadder or CM Spawn? They are both great-performing optical mouse. Orochi is a very bad choice as there a well documented flaw that the Orochi tend to go into sleep mode very quickly.
Thanks for your support. I returned the Kabuto, so starting from now I can choose everything and I will do it after a serious evaluation .

I'll take a look to the Deathadder even if seems too big for my tastes. On the Habu i had some problem pressing the front thumb button, so something smaller would be better
The CM Storm would fit better imho but i'll have to choose wisely.
What about a small (30cm x 20cm) hard pad? Sphex? Other alternatives?

Thanks in advance
it.png
Undarken
ಠ_ಠ

Undarken Mar 24th, 12, 01:50 AM #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoxTav View Post
Thanks for your support. I returned the Kabuto, so starting from now I can choose everything and I will do it after a serious evaluation .

I'll take a look to the Deathadder even if seems too big for my tastes. On the Habu i had some problem pressing the front thumb button, so something smaller would be better
The CM Storm would fit better imho but i'll have to choose wisely.
What about a small (30cm x 20cm) hard pad? Sphex? Other alternatives?

Thanks in advance
Try the Steelseries 3HD.
From my experience of many pads, Steelseries are better at making mousepads than Razer.
Razer mousepad dont last as well other brands.
Input Fetish!

sg.png
ChaoticOrb
Poor Guy

Trade rep: 10 (100%)
ChaoticOrb Mar 25th, 12, 10:40 PM #1662
just bought this from SLS today!

previously using G5, but I seem to be 75% claw + 25% palm grip, so try this shape.
My first WC Project!
Please support!
sg.png
rickysio
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rickysio Mar 30th, 12, 10:53 PM #1663
Logitech replied (finally), of which the reply can be distilled to "Did the problem solve itself?"

My reply was a more polite version of "YES OBVIOUSLY /S"

One more idiot reply and this goes to their FB pages.
sg.png
transcend3nt

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
transcend3nt Mar 31st, 12, 03:08 PM #1664
Anybody know where can I find mouse feet? Specifically for the Alienware Tact X mouse..

I remember someone posting about buying a teflon tape and u can cut the shape out yourself but i don't know where it is sold ..

And I can't find steelseries 3HD anywhere , if you want a small mousepad, i would recommend the CM Storm tactics battlepad h2, or the razer goliathus small edition. i also remember that there's this armageddon brand in the market. i took a look at one of the mousepad box and found out that's there's a huge range of catalog with different sizes. perhaps you can try that.. and let us know
sg.png
Last edited by transcend3nt; Mar 31st, 12 at 03:13 PM..
Undarken
ಠ_ಠ

Undarken Mar 31st, 12, 03:15 PM #1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend3nt View Post
Anybody know where can I find mouse feet? Specifically for the Alienware Tact X mouse..

And I can't find steelseries 3HD anywhere , if you want a small mousepad, i would recommend the CM Storm tactics battlepad h2, or the razer goliathus small edition. i also remember that there's this armageddon brand in the market. i took a look at one of the mousepad box and found out that's there's a huge range of catalog with different sizes. perhaps you can try that.. and let us know
Alienware Tact X feet :
Corepad - Professional Gaming Gear

[V]Sin used telfon tape from Tecdrome.

Steelseries 3HD :
SteelSeries 3HD 塑膠鼠墊_鼠墊_滑鼠_AG【On-Line Store】改裝軍團線上購物網

4HD should do fine as the difference is so small.
Input Fetish!

sg.png
Last edited by Undarken; Mar 31st, 12 at 03:18 PM..
LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://forums.vr-zone.com/gamers-com-sg/927822-vr-forums-mouse-mousepad-guide-discussion-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
[SIC]Best Mouse for FPS/RTS Gaming - Page 2 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg This thread Refback Jan 28th, 13 10:54 PM
Thread 2 | VRForums | Singapore Technology Lifestyle Forums | BoardReader This thread Refback May 12th, 12 07:11 AM
Thread VR-Forum's Gaming Mouse/Mousepad Guide and Discussion Thread | VRForums | Singapore Technology Lifestyle Forums | BoardReader This thread Refback May 6th, 12 11:42 PM
The Silenttrigger test do not use more than 1800 DPI! This thread Refback Oct 1st, 11 09:01 PM

New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads