What are the symptoms of ram failure ?

as above as i am diagnosting my teacher's computer

AWARD BIOS and when it loads, it gives a long beeep. It hangs when its in windows and monitor post nothing even when the monitor detects a signal
    One of the most addictive web-based game

www.goldentowns.com

Playing this web game which claims that the in-game gold is backed by real gold. Quite a vibrant community out there. Seems like the whole bitcoin thingie is spreading to the online gaming world. They are coming up with their own crypto-currency as well. Look for me, i am cccp1979lcw inside!

solar
    Look for bios beep errors guides on the net.

Grey
    Try reinserting the ram?

wai
    haha... i'd say plug those rams in a working computer and then see if it still works. ; )

Gentleman Jack
    Here u go CCCP

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

I thought with bad memory u wouldnt even get into windows...and that memory is either good or bad with no inbetween...is this true????

anyway it wasnt my pc, it was my teacher's.....he is going for a RAM change and i hope that will solve the problem.

can the symptoms mark the presence of a virus ?
    One of the most addictive web-based game

www.goldentowns.com

Playing this web game which claims that the in-game gold is backed by real gold. Quite a vibrant community out there. Seems like the whole bitcoin thingie is spreading to the online gaming world. They are coming up with their own crypto-currency as well. Look for me, i am cccp1979lcw inside!

solar
    Most unlikely that the beeps will have anything to do with a virus. Nevertheless, a virus is often on a computer...

Re: What are the symptoms of ram failure ?

Originally posted by cccp
    as above as i am diagnosting my teacher's computer

AWARD BIOS and when it loads, it gives a long beeep. It hangs when its in windows and monitor post nothing even when the monitor detects a signal
    sounds like overheating? try remounting the cpu and hsf.

perhaps u can take out the CMOS batt and put inside? the ram wad speed? by the looks of it seems like pc133... guessing only har.