Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 41 ... LastLast
    Imperial669
    Dear BrinkOfDisaster,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not angry because I make the wrong decision.
    I'm angry because marketeers these days sell lies without even blinking their eyes.
    It's not only Intel, look at mortages; that sector is far worse when it comes to selling lies.

I'm suprised though that Crisis runs on the IGP. Since with the nVidia i can forget running it on medium or higher, i would have expected with the IGP to get a framerate of 0.3 or so on everything low. Are you sure it was Crisis? maybe you ment FarCry ?

noxxle
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC1 View Post
    It is Crysis. I have ran it too. I'll post the screenshots with it.
    I don't believe this. Its a conspiracy.

Well, when you run Crysis at 800x600 at low settings, almost every "advanced" feature is disabled. So it's probably equivalent to playing WC3 on high settings x)

Try medium settings, probably will get 5 fps lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivolve
    Try medium settings, probably will get 5 fps lol.
    I'd expect that. But what does a new IGP from nVidia or ATi get as far a frame rates go in Crysis?

Hell I'm surprised it didn't crash at the menu let alone play!

Truthfully the game is pointless to play at low settings as the graphics exibited at such a low setting aren't worth the lag, given you can play alot of games that look a helluva lot better than Crysis on low settings with glitches. My screenshot was taken at mostly medium settings and I got a slideshow but I just wanted a nice picture given the games graphics on low don't do it justice. Whenever my buddy picks a new video card, in the 8600GTS/2600XT range, we'll try Crysis out on it too just to see what kind of frame rates can be achieved with a budget descrete card. My OC'd 8800Ultra in my quad core rig didn't exibit any lag when I played it but I played it for 2 minutes :p....

ssb_swe

Utilizing graphics memory

hi friends have any one noted the amount of graphics memory utilized when playing the games,i ran some of the games such as nfs carbon,call of duty 2,
    company of heroes and supreme commander etc , i just pressed the windows key while playing and went to the graphics properties (ctrl + alt +f12) and clicked the information button it shows,

minimum graphics memory =8 maximum graphics memory = 384 and
    Memory in use = 20 to max of 45 mb

why the graphics engine is not using large video memory to run higher end games with minimum req of 128mb and more????

ssb_swe
    ya ,i will try this and post the video memory used thank u

noxxle
    Can someone test Hellgate London with XP?

Well NFS: Pro Street works pretty good. Loose all of the settings though because some make the game crash while in gameplay. Damage, FX, not sure which ones make it crash to desktop but it plays pretty well at 1440x900 on low settings.

noxxle
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC1 View Post
    Don't have full but downloaded demo

1024x768 everything medium(shadow quality low)+Dynamic Lighting+Anisotropic Filtering+Weather

20-25 fps. Very playable. No image quality corruption.
    Wouldn't turning off Anisotropic filtering give you a huge boost?

I've been playing Hellgate: London at 1280x800 with shader quality at high, shadows low, model detail high, texture quality very high, dynamic lights enabled, trilinear + anisotropic filtering and weather. Most of the time framerates are between 12-22 hardly ever does it drop below 10. Alas the graphics are good but it's just another Diablo rip so for me gameplay isn't that exhilarating.

Last edited by C.Jackson; Nov 5th, 07 at 08:32 AM.

Generally for X3000 you can set

Textures: High
    Model Detail: High
    Trilinear/Anisotropic filtering
    Shadows: Low
    Lighting: Low/Med
    Particles: Med
    Post-processing: Low
    Shader Quality: Low/Med

Textures/Details can be high coz there's quite q lot of memory to take those textures, plus we won't be doing any AA on most games.

prashu162
    Jackson----How r u able to play NFS ProStreet?????
    The game loads for me fine but when i enter to start the race at the time of loading it crashes to desktop.Help me plzzz.
    My CPU
    Processor:Intel Core2Duo E6400 2.13GHz
    Motherboard: DG965RY
    Graphics: GMA X3000
    RAM: 2GB

I've come to find that "Speed challege" doesn't work, it results in a crash but "Grip race" works just fine. Also make sure you've got your all settings at low or off as some of which may result in a crash, you can experiment with certain settings to see if they cause problems. Resolution is irrelivant and relies only upon your monitor and whether you'd rather 30+ FPS or if you can deal with less. Maybe this will help

prashu162
    i put all the settings to low but no use its just crashing(640*480)shall i put higher resolutions and check either???

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 41 ... LastLast