www.vr-zone.com

Intel Sandy Bridge-E Overclocking - Safe Voltage Ranges, Quad Channel Kits, Thermal Solutions and LN2 Temperatures

With the release of Sandy Bridge-E today, budding overclockers will once again need to familiarize themselves with a new architecture and platform - starting with official safe operating voltages to run the chips, Quad Channel XMP 1.3 memory kits, bundled air/water thermal solutions for the new LGA 2011 socket and optimum LN2 temperatures clocking potential.

Read More:
    Intel Sandy Bridge-E Overclocking - Safe Voltage Ranges, Quad Channel Kits, Thermal Solutions and LN2 Temperatures

Newbie of Now and Forever wwenze's Avatar
    <$20 USD for the stock cooler? I got this coming arriving probably next week and it costs SGD$12:

nah considering the TDPs, you need a heatpipe tower for any overclocking

"Our friends at Asus, who have tested a large number of chips, tell us that most Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition processors can easily hit 4.5GHz with good air or liquid cooling. 80-90% of the CPUs can hit up to 4.6GHz, 60-70% can do 4.7GHz, and approximately 50% of the CPUs can hit the 4.8GHz mark with the right combination of voltage (1.4v to 1.5v) and a powerful liquid cooler." - HotHardware

Newbie of Now and Forever wwenze's Avatar
    BTW I think "dorgy" is spelt "dodgey"

Quote Originally Posted by wwenze View Post
    BTW I think "dorgy" is spelt "dodgey"
    dodgy