Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
K-Dash
Poison Inducer (Active)

Trade rep: 26 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Logitech wireless unifying donger K-Dash Nov 18th, 11, 11:22 AM #1

Guys,

if i have 2 systems side by side & both are using logitech wireless unifying donger which can support up to 6 logitech wireless devices at one go. will i have conflicting issues if both system have logitech wireless devices & each plugged with one donger.

currently bought a logitech k800 for my wife's system & personally eyeing on the g700 mouse for my system.

anyone have similar situation is welcome to share your findings.

asked a shop & his advise was not to have both system start up together at the same time but i was not quite convinced.

was actually gonna buy k800 & g700 at one sweep but drop the g700 till i make things straight & clear on this unifying donger which i have never used before in the above mentioned scenerio.

TIA~

My Worklogs:
* X500FX SLI & Watercooled
* PC-Z70 SLI & Watercooled
* TUF Amethyst (Ongoing)

Motherboard & CPU: ASUS Z87 Gryphon & Armor Kit / Intel I7 4770K
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz CL10 2x8Gb
GPU: Zotac GTX 770 2Gb SLI
SSD: Samsung Pro 256Gb
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Casing: CaseLabs Magnum M8
Water Cooling Hardwares:: Aqua Computer
Reservoir: Koolance
Fittings: Bitspower
sg.png
Last edited by K-Dash; Nov 18th, 11 at 11:25 AM..
bianco
was here.

Trade rep: 44 (100%)
bianco Nov 18th, 11, 11:45 AM #2
i have/had both devices; and each uses a different dongle. the keyboard (K800) uses the unifying while the mouse (G700) uses G-series dongle. i tried to just use the unifying dongle last time to control both, but the mouse just stopped responding.

sg.png
Thanks to bianco for this useful post! Nov 18th, 11, from K-Dash
cinabolic
Known for Crazy Ideas.

Trade rep: 62 (100%)
cinabolic Nov 18th, 11, 11:48 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianco View Post
i have/had both devices; and each uses a different dongle. the keyboard (K800) uses the unifying while the mouse (G700) uses G-series dongle. i tried to just use the unifying dongle last time to control both, but the mouse just stopped responding.
Agreed. Totally different dongle for G700 and Unifying devices. This being said, the G700 consumes a tad of battery more.
sg.png
Thanks to cinabolic for this useful post! Nov 18th, 11, from K-Dash
K-Dash
Poison Inducer (Active)

K-Dash Nov 18th, 11, 11:56 AM #4
which means if i would to use k800 & g700 on the same system, i will have to plug in 2 dongles?

that must be quite dissapointing but a blessing in disguise for my scenerio.

anyone knows what sensor g700 is using? been with rat7 twin eye for quite some time. favors heavy mouse.
My Worklogs:
* TUF Amethyst (Ongoing)

sg.png
bianco
was here.

Trade rep: 44 (100%)
bianco Nov 18th, 11, 12:09 PM #5
yes, need 2 dongles. hehe. using it in 1 system does make it disappointing. but i suppose they wanted a different dongle for different segment. i was tempted to buy other gaming/unifying series just to make the used up usb slot more worth it.

based on a quick google - G700 uses Avago ADNS-S9500

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dash View Post
which means if i would to use k800 & g700 on the same system, i will have to plug in 2 dongles?

that must be quite dissapointing but a blessing in disguise for my scenerio.

anyone knows what sensor g700 is using? been with rat7 twin eye for quite some time. favors heavy mouse.

sg.png
Thanks to bianco for this useful post! Nov 18th, 11, from K-Dash
K-Dash
Poison Inducer (Active)

K-Dash Nov 18th, 11, 12:39 PM #6
read avago adns-s9500 have positive acceleration issues by some random users & the rest are mainly good feedbacks about them. definitely gonna aim g700 as my next toy.

have been rather picky about mouse after 2 failed investments in razer lachesis & imperator. caused me alot of problems doing RMAs & thought i have lost my grip in fps games, i actually quited mw2 thinking the game's mouse cursor programming have huge flaws but it was the mice that i should blame instead. thou BL did a great job in after-service but the travelling of to & fro to ubi from tuas is too taxing for me.

i hope i don't have the same impulse as bianco for hunting logitech wireless devices to make the dongle work more. lol..

am actually pleased with rat7 & fly5 atm, just itching to change rat7 due to bad strains in wrist after 1hr of gaming despite me adjusting the shape to be almost a deathadder without the sticky eeky rubbery feel but yet heavier & beefier.

i have tested the feel of g700 like a hundred times at stores around the island i happen to wonder pass whenever my wife does her manicure lady stuffs while leaving me roaming around. the shape & feel is amazing no matter how many times i place my palm on it & a good 5kdpi mouse that can do adjustable dpi otf is so hard to come by.

thanks bianco & cina for clearing my doubts.
My Worklogs:
* TUF Amethyst (Ongoing)

sg.png
Last edited by K-Dash; Nov 18th, 11 at 12:42 PM..
Thanks to K-Dash for this useful post! Nov 18th, 11, from cinabolic
cinabolic
Known for Crazy Ideas.

Trade rep: 62 (100%)
cinabolic Nov 18th, 11, 05:18 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dash View Post
read avago adns-s9500 have positive acceleration issues by some random users & the rest are mainly good feedbacks about them. definitely gonna aim g700 as my next toy.

have been rather picky about mouse after 2 failed investments in razer lachesis & imperator. caused me alot of problems doing RMAs & thought i have lost my grip in fps games, i actually quited mw2 thinking the game's mouse cursor programming have huge flaws but it was the mice that i should blame instead. thou BL did a great job in after-service but the travelling of to & fro to ubi from tuas is too taxing for me.

i hope i don't have the same impulse as bianco for hunting logitech wireless devices to make the dongle work more. lol..

am actually pleased with rat7 & fly5 atm, just itching to change rat7 due to bad strains in wrist after 1hr of gaming despite me adjusting the shape to be almost a deathadder without the sticky eeky rubbery feel but yet heavier & beefier.

i have tested the feel of g700 like a hundred times at stores around the island i happen to wonder pass whenever my wife does her manicure lady stuffs while leaving me roaming around. the shape & feel is amazing no matter how many times i place my palm on it & a good 5kdpi mouse that can do adjustable dpi otf is so hard to come by.

thanks bianco & cina for clearing my doubts.
Hmm... Pairing a K800 with G700 seems so familar.
sg.png
K-Dash
Poison Inducer (Active)

K-Dash Nov 18th, 11, 05:20 PM #8
^

nono, k800 is for my wife. i'm eyeing at g700 myself.

i'm using filco 1 black switch. its like no excuse for me change. lol
My Worklogs:
* TUF Amethyst (Ongoing)

sg.png
chong Impulsive hooter

chong Jan 16th, 12, 06:20 PM #9
Just got my Logitech G700.

Plugged the transmitter into the rear of my PC, just below my K800 keyboard's unifying dongle.

But I am getting random periods where my cursor will stutter, lasting about 2 to 4 seconds. SetPoint and mouse firmware are latest versions.

I tried connecting the G700 receiver to the front USB port where there's a direct line of sight to the mouse, and the stutters disappeared.

Anyone knows whether there will be problems when the G700 and Unifying transmitters are located next to each other?
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads