Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I usually go to SLT for my fans, though I usually also frequent ebay for the harder-to-get fans (Nearly impossible to find a new Nidec VA450DC around here).

SLT will require you to spend quite a fair bit of time searching. Also, some of the shops require a minimum order. Something to think about.
    Easiest and most hassle-free is to go online to Performance PCs or Sidewinder and order fans from there.
    Peons of a Xeon

To SMP or not to SMP? DragonFire's Avatar
    Btw if you want to loan a piece to try out you are free to do so as long as it comes back to me in working condition. These guys are so loud they aren't for everybody. Meetup obviously at my convenience since this is a FoC loan.

DF

Durian Dragon Dranyago! See this Dragon Meow!

Views expressed are my own and are not representative of that of VR-Zone.
    Posts made when executing moderator duties after 20150301 will be in bold purple
    Note that Friend requests will be declined without exception. Do not send me any.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    Btw if you want to loan a piece to try out you are free to do so as long as it comes back to me in working condition. These guys are so loud they aren't for everybody. Meetup obviously at my convenience since this is a FoC loan.

DF
    Oh my thats worrying, even stuffed into a case, its like crazy loud? That is worrying indeed

Quote Originally Posted by kamale View Post
    Oh my thats worrying, even stuffed into a case, its like crazy loud? That is worrying indeed
    Well, to put it into perspective,

On paper, they're louder than my VA450DCs. And these are loud beasts audible from outside my room.

Still though, it might ignite that "fan man" in you I'd spring for those San Aces, but I've got too many fans on my hand, as well as the fact that I'm going for some GT AP-30s to replace my radiator fans.
    Peons of a Xeon

Hehehe... Most high speed fans are typically rated at, what, 65 dBA in free air at 1m? If anyone thinks that rubber grommets will simply solve the problem of fan noise, dream on.

But one really has got to admit, though. They are bloody effective at what they do. Some of the quieter options just don't cut it when you desperately need something to move air.
    Views expressed are my own.

WTS: Garage sales!! Pre-loved items sold for cheap!!

URGENT DOSE OF VITAMIN M REQUIRED.
    Can you help?

Ugh totally agreed, bought extra 2 900rpm fans and their simply horrible feels like their blowing gentle breeze onto daisies, when in an aircon room at 21degree room temp i run furmark from 34degree it jolt up till 92 which is really worrying. Even during gaming my GTX 560 TI goes up to 84.

But thinking bout those fans i think its abit of an overkill, i might try hunt for some 3000rpm fans so i can keep em on non stop without thinking of making a makeshift switch to only switch em on when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by kamale View Post
    Ugh totally agreed, bought extra 2 900rpm fans and their simply horrible feels like their blowing gentle breeze onto daisies, when in an aircon room at 21degree room temp i run furmark from 34degree it jolt up till 92 which is really worrying. Even during gaming my GTX 560 TI goes up to 84.

But thinking bout those fans i think its abit of an overkill, i might try hunt for some 3000rpm fans so i can keep em on non stop without thinking of making a makeshift switch to only switch em on when needed.
    1800rpm is my sweet spot for silence and cooling, since I can't hear the fans till that speed, but YMMV.

And yes, large, server-class fans are overkill. For most people, even a 3000rpm fan is too noisy (I find it acceptable), but it will give you some of the best cooling without being too intrusive. You can get these sort of fans from Uvnium, for say, a bunch of Delta QFBs, or SLT for a bunch of AVCs. The QFBs (I dunno if Gary still has them though) have a PWM line, and their amperage was under 1A, if my memory serves me right. If so, these will serve as pretty good fans for CPU cooling.
    Peons of a Xeon

Thanks man looking uvnium up now. Ah their fans are more within range. 1800 1900 i think would be more prefered for home usage.

GT's ftw..

Server class fans whir so loud even this moderately deaf guy finds them loud. =S
    It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12