Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
GaryBeng

Trade rep: 44 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
GaryBeng Nov 27th, 11, 11:26 AM #7486

How is this inWin BP655 iTX chassis? Any comment d_d?

Did you hoot anything on Black Friday in US d_d?
sg.png
Last edited by GaryBeng; Nov 27th, 11 at 11:28 AM..
RimBlock

Trade rep: 38 (100%)
RimBlock Nov 27th, 11, 11:53 AM #7487
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_disciple View Post
No optical drive or 2nd 2.5"? Wattage of PSU?

MW-100 with black piano finish is coming back again to Singapore, hope we'll have more choices for small setups .

But ultimately, cannot beat LianLi PC-Q09 lah. lol....
It seems you you are not familiar with the specs of the case. This seems strange considering all the advice you seem to be giving people. There is space for a second 2.5" hard drive if there is a need. People who buy these cases generally use a portable DVD drive and value small footprint over and internal drive. Corporate clients or HTPC owners who store their media on a NAS and don't need a play the original disc as examples of where this case and type of machine would fit in very well. The PSU is 90W which is fine for small systems especially without an additional video cards and a low / medium Wattage CPU. THe specs are quite easy to find on the Antec site.

The Lian-Li case is quite nice if you like that style but it is S$75 (almost 50%) more expensive than the Antec, twice as high and at least two times as wide. Hardly a small PC case and hardly unbeatable. I could buy the Antec case and an external DVD drive and still have change compared to the Lian-Li case without a DVD drive.

There is a whole market of different cases aimed at different uses. There is not one that fits all. I like some of the Lian-Li cases very much, although not particularly that one, but sometimes there are others more suited to the task at hand.

RB
Hot Deals
Dell C6100 X23-TY3 cloud/VM cluster: 4 dual cpu servers in a box starting at only $1,600 with 6 months warranty.
9u 1000mm server racks: Same height as a coffee table and able to support most servers. Perfect for a home lab.
HP Network switches: Everything from entry level to enterprise level, we have the full range covered. Consumer models starting from $50.

Co-organiser and proud to support the Singapore Hadoop user group.
Check out the Hadoop Singapore user group here.

PM me, SMS/Whatsapp to 9362 0877 or Skype (RimBlock) for a quote or chat on IT problems and solutions.
sg.png
Lost_gool Registered User

Trade rep: 25 (100%)
Lost_gool Nov 27th, 11, 08:40 PM #7488
@Gary : Nice case! Did you try searching for any reviews or YouTube videos on it? Or you can try newegg.com the product feedback section..

Well, I hooted Bastion and Machinarium on the Steam Autumn Sale in USD, is that considered a Black Friday deal? Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimBlock
The PSU is 90W which is fine for small systems especially without an additional video cards and a low / medium Wattage CPU. THe specs are quite easy to find on the Antec site.
Yeah I feel that my FSP 300W is kinda overkill for my system build at the moment... even with all the LED strips sucking minute amounts of wattage/power.
sg.png
Last edited by Lost_gool; Nov 27th, 11 at 09:09 PM..
fitlies Registered User

Trade rep: 33 (100%)
fitlies Nov 27th, 11, 10:12 PM #7489
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimBlock View Post
It seems you you are not familiar with the specs of the case. This seems strange considering all the advice you seem to be giving people. There is space for a second 2.5" hard drive if there is a need. People who buy these cases generally use a portable DVD drive and value small footprint over and internal drive. Corporate clients or HTPC owners who store their media on a NAS and don't need a play the original disc as examples of where this case and type of machine would fit in very well. The PSU is 90W which is fine for small systems especially without an additional video cards and a low / medium Wattage CPU. THe specs are quite easy to find on the Antec site.

The Lian-Li case is quite nice if you like that style but it is S$75 (almost 50%) more expensive than the Antec, twice as high and at least two times as wide. Hardly a small PC case and hardly unbeatable. I could buy the Antec case and an external DVD drive and still have change compared to the Lian-Li case without a DVD drive.

There is a whole market of different cases aimed at different uses. There is not one that fits all. I like some of the Lian-Li cases very much, although not particularly that one, but sometimes there are others more suited to the task at hand.

RB
Whoa Rimblock, I think the personal attack is totally uncalled for especially towards DD who have been such a great help to most of us here. IMHO he spearheaded this mini-ITX run when it wasn't highly regarded back then.

This is a forum where we all share lobangs, hoots and whatevernots information deemed fit. As much as I respect your depth of knowledge, I think your attitude kinda pull your rep down a bit
sg.png
Thanks to fitlies for this useful post! Nov 27th, 11, from dr_disciple
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

Trade rep: 107 (100%)
dr_disciple Nov 27th, 11, 10:39 PM #7490
Erm, it's ok. No worries at all. I asked cos when a person do a introduction to a new product, he/she will at least list out the unique features and basic tech specs of it. But then again, we all know what is the search engine is for . I won't say I know or do not know the product, but at least when you want ppl to know the product, list out the manufacturer direct link to it .
us.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

dr_disciple Nov 27th, 11, 10:50 PM #7491
Just one thing to take note with InWin casing, as with all other case as well - Always check the PSU. What i mean is what form factor does it use. Put aside the warranty and all. Focus on if the PSU is readily available in the market for replacement or not. For this case in this instance, the pictures i've seen for the PSU is a SFX PSU.

But just to be sure, go down to commerztech, ask for a case, then ask if you can use their spare SFX PSU to compare with the casing's PSU. I think Mr. K will be more than happy to help .

As for the outlook, it's great .

Black Friday whole day working. Stores closes quite early too. Not sure if my online purchase will reach in time. Ordered a batch (5 sets each) of SODIMM and DIMM 16GB (2 x 8GB) Kit. Getting my dream phone HTC 7 Pro unlocked set from one of the store as well. Been eating quite abit.

The most wonderful thing about this trip is the 7 mile run along Hudson river and the Statue of Liberty greets me every morning from the view of my bed. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBeng View Post
How is this inWin BP655 iTX chassis? Any comment d_d?

Did you hoot anything on Black Friday in US d_d?
us.png
RimBlock

Trade rep: 38 (100%)
RimBlock Nov 27th, 11, 11:05 PM #7492
Quote:
Erm, it's ok. No worries at all. I asked cos when a person do a introduction to a new product, he/she will at least list out the unique features and basic tech specs of it. But then again, we all know what is the search engine is for . I won't say I know or do not know the product, but at least when you want ppl to know the product, list out the manufacturer direct link to it .
That is fair enough although your comments related to my last two builds do seem to be picking at negative points only. In fact I do not remember one positive comment from you on them at all which is a shame.

Anyway, if I was a little harsh then apologise.

The case has been out for a long time so I presumed you would be familiar with it especially as you seemed to be speaking from a position of knowledge. A simple "do you have a link/more details" would have got a better reaction I think.

My mistake with the presumption though, I was just surprised with your negative comment and nothing bout it being a nice small build, reasonably well done, tidy inside. You opinion is welcomed, it is just a shame it is only negative it seems when directed my way, if you reply at all.

RB
Hot Deals
Dell C6100 X23-TY3 cloud/VM cluster: 4 dual cpu servers in a box starting at only $1,600 with 6 months warranty.
9u 1000mm server racks: Same height as a coffee table and able to support most servers. Perfect for a home lab.
HP Network switches: Everything from entry level to enterprise level, we have the full range covered. Consumer models starting from $50.

Co-organiser and proud to support the Singapore Hadoop user group.
Check out the Hadoop Singapore user group here.

PM me, SMS/Whatsapp to 9362 0877 or Skype (RimBlock) for a quote or chat on IT problems and solutions.
sg.png
GaryBeng

GaryBeng Nov 27th, 11, 11:49 PM #7493
Quote:
Just one thing to take note with InWin casing, as with all other case as well - Always check the PSU. What i mean is what form factor does it use. Put aside the warranty and all. Focus on if the PSU is readily available in the market for replacement or not. For this case in this instance, the pictures i've seen for the PSU is a SFX PSU.

But just to be sure, go down to commerztech, ask for a case, then ask if you can use their spare SFX PSU to compare with the casing's PSU. I think Mr. K will be more than happy to help .

As for the outlook, it's great .

Black Friday whole day working. Stores closes quite early too. Not sure if my online purchase will reach in time. Ordered a batch (5 sets each) of SODIMM and DIMM 16GB (2 x 8GB) Kit. Getting my dream phone HTC 7 Pro unlocked set from one of the store as well. Been eating quite abit.

The most wonderful thing about this trip is the 7 mile run along Hudson river and the Statue of Liberty greets me every morning from the view of my bed. hahaha
PSU form factor is also one that I am considering. Originally looking at Antec but most of its ITX chassis is using TFX PSU which is very uncommon and low in power rating.

Using the ATX form factor PSU makes the chassis broader in width and larger.
Plus point is can be easily replaced, plenty of power rating options to choose from and larger/better cooling fan for ventilation.

InWin using SFX form factor PSU for its ITX chassis when I am already using one HEC 300W PSU. So I can just port it over. My only concern is heating and ventilation. Can one 80mm fan does the cooling well enough. Most of the time is only when you start using it, then you realise it is good or bad.
sg.png
Last edited by GaryBeng; Nov 28th, 11 at 01:05 AM..
GaryBeng

GaryBeng Nov 27th, 11, 11:53 PM #7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_gool View Post
@Gary : Nice case! Did you try searching for any reviews or YouTube videos on it? Or you can try newegg.com the product feedback section..

Well, I hooted Bastion and Machinarium on the Steam Autumn Sale in USD, is that considered a Black Friday deal? Haha.

Yeah I feel that my FSP 300W is kinda overkill for my system build at the moment... even with all the LED strips sucking minute amounts of wattage/power.
Thanks for the advice bro. Will do so. I was constantly looking at the SSD prices at Newegg. But seems not much or a good deal than the Memoright at the moment.
Also looking for a Sennheiser mid-end earpiece about 80USD. Should have tag along with you sales to reduce shipping charges. hehehehe
sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

dr_disciple Nov 28th, 11, 01:08 AM #7495
I think heat is the least of your concern. You not gonna put a core i7 in it and run 100% right? . No worries about the heat. I would say the noise will be an issue if you are sensitive to it. Good 80mm fans are hard to come by and also the default cooler might work a little harder due to the optical drive blocking the air flow and thus causing more noise. Do visit Uvanium for wider choice of 80mm fan. At least you can test on the spot before you buy.

You are right on Antecs . the popular alternative to the brand is Apex but unfortunately, due to high demand, the stock keep running out. The shipment will be in soon for both the MW-100 and MI-100 series. So at the moment, InWin will be the best bet but not all InWin casing uses the same SFX PSU.

Quote:
PSU form factor is also one that I am considering. Originally looking at Antec but most of its ITX chassis is using TFX PSU which is very uncommon and low in power rating.

Using the ATX form factor PSU makes the chassis broader in width and larger.
Plus point is can be easily replaced and plenty of power rating options to choose from.

InWin using SFX form factor PSU for its ITX chassis when I am already using one HEC 300W PSU. So I can just port it over. My only concern is heating and ventilation. Can one 80mm fan does the cooling well enough. Most of the time is only when you start using it, then you realise it is good or bad.
us.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

dr_disciple Nov 28th, 11, 01:11 AM #7496
Yes, none of the B.Friday sales beat memoright at the moment . But of course don't compare this brand vs say, OCZ Vertex series. The power of branding is very different and that makes the price difference as well.

I believe the good deals are on mostly laptops. Core i7, 8GB mem, 750GB 7200RPM HDD, 2GB 6770m VGA and 1920x1080 screen from HP cost about US$10xx. Same goes for Asus gaming series and all. Quite scary. Sadly the more weight efficient laptops like Sony Z series dont have much offer .

Quote:
Thanks for the advice bro. Will do so. I was constantly looking at the SSD prices at Newegg. But seems not much or a good deal than the Memoright at the moment.
Also looking for a Sennheiser mid-end earpiece about 80USD. Should have tag along with you sales to reduce shipping charges. hehehehe
us.png

Lost_gool Nov 28th, 11, 08:35 AM #7497
Quote:
Good 80mm fans are hard to come by and also the default cooler might work a little harder due to the optical drive blocking the air flow and thus causing more noise.
Quite true. One thing that decided against the InWin WAVY II case for me was the fact that when the 5.25 ODD was installed, it partially intruded on-top of the CPU area, so very little clearance to the Motherboard and the HSF... thus, little choice of 3rd party HSF, even among the so called Low Profile range...

Which brings about 3 additional problems with it - 1) when your 3rd party HSF is low, it hugs the MB meaning chances it will be blocked by some component on your MB like the NB heatsink is high, and thus complicating the HSF installation; - 2) beause it hugs your motherboard, and if the heatsink fan is type that is blowing air in; it's just gonna dump the heat from your CPU onto your motherboard components; - 3) and as mentioned by DD, little clearance = less air flow = higher working CPU fan.

(Unless of course you use the Stock HSF, but I am not so sure about the noise level from it) So please check, for this case you are interested in, whether or not the ODD drive intrudes upon the "airspace" of the CPU cooler.

At the moment, my SG05 offers a full 80mm of clearance to mount a HSF; so even with a 64mm height HSF, there is still plenty of room for air flow from the front to the back of the case. I think my temps are preetty respectable for an aircooled SFF build: 32C for my HDD, 37-38C CPU, 38C for my Motherboard and 57 C for my NB. (correct me if I am wrong)

I think the trade off between having a full 5.25 ODD and limiting your choices HSF is not worthit; because getting a cheap Slim ODD is pretty easy now; and a slim ODD does much of what a full ODD does. OH wait you bought my LG Bluray ODD, I suppose you wanna port it over?

Another consideration of the InWin case, is possible flimsilyness of its plastic parts... I am not sure about this particular one, but the WAVY II case had a openable front to access the ODD, and the plastic hinges for that were quite flimsy. This one doesn't look like it has any movable parts on the front case, so it may not have that problem. But you still want to be careful of the quality of the fittings on the case.

Best way to evaluate; go hands on with the case for yourself before buying Does commerztech stock this case?
sg.png
Last edited by Lost_gool; Nov 28th, 11 at 08:56 AM..

HELP Lost_gool Nov 28th, 11, 09:03 PM #7498
DD (or anyone) cud you help me with some overclocking and underclocking issues with the Zotac H67?

Trying to overclock my HD2000 GPU via the bios, but not getting it stable at any MHz. Could it be that I need to tweek the mV and max mA there in the bios.. but how much/little?

Also I read that it is possible to underclock my i3-2100 to like 2.2GHz... but anyidea how, using the Zotac H67's bios?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.
sg.png
RxC6
why so serious ?

Trade rep: 11 (92%)
RxC6 Nov 28th, 11, 09:37 PM #7499
issit possible to build a mini itx build to stream 3d movies for a 55" 3D LED TV ?

is a mini itx powerful enough?
sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

dr_disciple Nov 28th, 11, 09:59 PM #7500
Hmmm, interesting question. From day one of H67 chipset is out. Intel mentioned that it has no OC capability at all. For all OC features, we are advised to get P67. But I can see that you are OC-ing your HD200 instead. But from what I know, the BIOS of Zotac's h67 does not really support this feature so far. I need to ask the engineer about it. Give me some time on it.

Btw, is there any results or bench on an Overclocked HD2000? I know there is a pretty huge margin between HD2000 and HD3000 but never seen an OC-ed HD2000 results before. Does it really help?

Let me get back to you on your under clock as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_gool View Post
DD (or anyone) cud you help me with some overclocking and underclocking issues with the Zotac H67?

Trying to overclock my HD2000 GPU via the bios, but not getting it stable at any MHz. Could it be that I need to tweek the mV and max mA there in the bios.. but how much/little?

Also I read that it is possible to underclock my i3-2100 to like 2.2GHz... but anyidea how, using the Zotac H67's bios?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.
us.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads