Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
RimBlock

Trade rep: 38 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
RimBlock Dec 6th, 11, 05:50 PM #7651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Actually there are aonther Distri for ECS.

Welcome to Powermatic Distribution Pte Ltd
Thanks for that, they also stock some other parts I have been looking for.

RB
Hot Deals
Dell C6100 X23-TY3 cloud/VM cluster: 4 dual cpu servers in a box starting at only $1,600 with 6 months warranty.
9u 1000mm server racks: Same height as a coffee table and able to support most servers. Perfect for a home lab.
HP Network switches: Everything from entry level to enterprise level, we have the full range covered. Consumer models starting from $50.

Co-organiser and proud to support the Singapore Hadoop user group.
Check out the Hadoop Singapore user group here.

PM me, SMS/Whatsapp to 9362 0877 or Skype (RimBlock) for a quote or chat on IT problems and solutions.
ap.png
mimaximax Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
mimaximax Dec 6th, 11, 07:57 PM #7652
A user reached 5.1GHz on a 2500K with the Zotac Z68ITX-A-E :

http://forums.itxgamer.com/viewtopic.php?p=2199#p2199

He is using a Geminii S524 cooler and a SG07 case.
fr.png
Last edited by mimaximax; Dec 7th, 11 at 01:41 PM..
Lost_gool Registered User

Trade rep: 25 (100%)
Lost_gool Dec 6th, 11, 08:42 PM #7653
Nice, thanks for the link.

Hey DD, how was the run? Any reply on that email you helped me to send? Thanks

LG
my.png
yo2020 Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
yo2020 Dec 6th, 11, 09:49 PM #7654
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimBlock View Post
Nice price find. It is extremely cheap. Would be my recommendation at that price without a doubt.

Very tight still for a casing, PSU and ram unfortunately (within the OPs budget).

RB
Since no need hdd, can.
In-win casing with 180W is $100 at Laser.
4gb ram $25-30. So total is <$400.
sg.png
RimBlock

RimBlock Dec 6th, 11, 10:49 PM #7655
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo2020 View Post
Since no need hdd, can.
In-win casing with 180W is $100 at Laser.
4gb ram $25-30. So total is <$400.
Good combination. Didn't say it couldn't be done, just that it would be tight on the S$400 budget.

S$265 for the H67 board and i3
S$100 for the casing
S$30 for the ram (I am clearly going to the wrong places as they always charged me S$33 in SLS)
Total: S$395.... pretty tight given the S$400 or less budget, but possible .

RB
Hot Deals
Dell C6100 X23-TY3 cloud/VM cluster: 4 dual cpu servers in a box starting at only $1,600 with 6 months warranty.
9u 1000mm server racks: Same height as a coffee table and able to support most servers. Perfect for a home lab.
HP Network switches: Everything from entry level to enterprise level, we have the full range covered. Consumer models starting from $50.

PM me, SMS/Whatsapp to 9362 0877 or Skype (RimBlock) for a quote or chat on IT problems and solutions.
sg.png
flye
insignificant matter

Trade rep: 18 (100%)
flye Dec 6th, 11, 11:21 PM #7656
Hey Rimblock,

you got any price for bundle the ECS board with a I5 2400 maybe?

can beat tradpac prices?

thinking of upgrading my PC hehe......
sg.png
RimBlock

RimBlock Dec 7th, 11, 10:36 AM #7657
Quote:
Originally Posted by flye View Post
Hey Rimblock,

you got any price for bundle the ECS board with a I5 2400 maybe?

can beat tradpac prices?

thinking of upgrading my PC hehe......
No, not for processors or mb or hard drives. SLS trade in bulk volumes which is why a lot of the places are 'take it and go'. As they trade in bulk they can get big bulk discounts which I cannot. This is why in all my threads I make it clear I do not compete with SLS on pricing because it is not currently possible with the volumes I do. What I do instead is supply outside of SLS (East and central at customer choice), am happy to engage in fairly long personal discussions concerning needs, recommend items on merit rather than profit margin, order psarts that are hard to find in SLS, build custom units to peoples specs and advise on components that are better suited for the task. Slower moving items I can be a bit more competitive with like cases or video cards and server / networking parts.

As an example, I tend to get a lot of people asking for an i5-2500K for a machine they state they have no intention in overclocking and for which they are putting in a separate graphics card. They could save S$15 and go with an i5-2500 or save S$40 and use an i5-2400 which is only 200MHz slower and unless someone is doing heavy processor intensive work they are unlikely to notice.

Processor benchmarks are available at TomsHardware here.

RB
Hot Deals

ap.png
loongyh

Trade rep: 5 (100%)
loongyh Dec 7th, 11, 11:06 AM #7658
You sound like you're operating a non-profit/charity one man show, going arnd advising ppl for free lol.
I aspired to be like you once
sg.png
RimBlock

RimBlock Dec 7th, 11, 12:28 PM #7659
Quote:
Originally Posted by loongyh View Post
You sound like you're operating a non-profit/charity one man show, going arnd advising ppl for free lol.
I aspired to be like you once
Ha, not quite . Cannot compete on price then have to add value. A reasonable amount of people are appreciative of the service and time taken and so are willing to pay a little more.. Of course there are the other types who come and get all the advice then go somewhere else to get the cheapest prices but these are in the minority.

I generally give advice for free if asked anyway so it ties nicely with the retail side and I am not so busy I cannot spend the time, although I think my wife has a different view .

Good friendly service, being willing to do custom orders of hard to find parts, being a bit flexible with where to deal, having a large pool of brands and items so can give pretty impartial advice rather than being limited to a single brand and above all being open honest and transparent all helps.

Please note though, I have no interest in politics and will not be running for the position of local MP

RB
Hot Deals

ap.png
9VARZ
♥ Lightning ♥

9VARZ Dec 7th, 11, 12:35 PM #7660
I like that spirit, RimBlock! It's very rare (not that there are none) to have retailers pursue the same ideal.

Keep up the passion and good work!
Views expressed are my own.

WTS: Garage sales!! Pre-loved items sold for cheap!!

URGENT DOSE OF VITAMIN M REQUIRED.
Can you help?
gb.png
Thanks to 9VARZ for this useful post! Dec 7th, 11, from RimBlock
loongyh

loongyh Dec 7th, 11, 12:54 PM #7661
Well, can't blame sls retailers for prioritising profits. They are all out there trying to out-compete each other. Naturally, supply goes where the demand goes. I don't blame any of them for not carrying the PC-Q25 for instance. Or the picopsu. Or any low power intel chips (cybermind's carrying it though). Space is expensive there and if they stock up on these items they will be a liability and just rot there for probably eternity.
RB, in your case, you only order the stocks from intel when you receive orders right? Or do you have some kinda low-rent warehouse or stock them in ur house or sth? Perhaps like t258jgn you're operating a home biz?
sg.png
RimBlock

RimBlock Dec 7th, 11, 01:04 PM #7662
Quote:
Originally Posted by loongyh View Post
Well, can't blame sls retailers for prioritising profits. They are all out there trying to out-compete each other. Naturally, supply goes where the demand goes. I don't blame any of them for not carrying the PC-Q25 for instance. Or the picopsu. Or any low power intel chips (cybermind's carrying it though). Space is expensive there and if they stock up on these items they will be a liability and just rot there for probably eternity.
RB, in your case, you only order the stocks from intel when you receive orders right? Or do you have some kinda low-rent warehouse or stock them in ur house or sth? Perhaps like t258jgn you're operating a home biz?
Don't get me wrong. I do not blame SLS traders for the way they operate. As you say it is a very competitive market where space is at a premium and so it only makes sense to stock the items that you are fairly sure will sell.

I have got a very good product manager at my Intel distributor and therefore can order on demand but this means I do not get bulk discounts so cannot compete with SLS on price. Remember though, I started retailing in November this year so hopefully demand will continue to increase and I will start looking at picking up parts pre-emptively and so get some better discounts.

Just rushing out to do a deal but will reply more when I return .

RB
Hot Deals

ap.png
idiotz Registered User

Trade rep: 23 (100%)
idiotz Dec 7th, 11, 01:11 PM #7663
Hi all

I'm trying to build one media center PC as well.. need some specification advices as I'm not quite sure where to start with
  • Needs Wifi
  • Needs bluetooth
  • Needs HDMI / DVI
  • Preferably with Blue Ray drive
  • Preferably with eSATA ports for future external inputs
  • I'd most probably running latest Linux Mint
  • I'd most probably be doubling this system as a web/file server in my home network
  • Saves power! Best if it can auto switch to low power mode when not in use, e.g. no apps running but just showing the desktop etc.

Will be best to have a list of where I can get the parts and their prices too!

I actually prefer to look for a table of all kinds of ITX motherboards, listing their features, pros and cons, but didn't find such tables. Will be best if anyone explains their added features and why motherboard A and better than motherboard B, etc.

Thanks for all advices in advance!
sg.png
Last edited by idiotz; Dec 7th, 11 at 01:14 PM..
loongyh

loongyh Dec 7th, 11, 01:12 PM #7664
Ah I see. Insider stock acquisition. Yeah most retailers have to order in bulk from distros like BL and Convergent if I'm not wrong. You have a direct line to intel itself lol.
sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

Trade rep: 107 (100%)
dr_disciple Dec 7th, 11, 01:42 PM #7665
For simplicity sake, you can try this option. Yes, it is an ITX solution as it uses a full fledged ITX Board. Just packaged in a very nice casing . I think it pretty much meet all your requirements.

ZOTAC - It's time to play! - ZBOX Giga ID70 Plus

Why is it better than other board is simple, it has a nVidia GT 430 (not the mobile version, it's the full fledged version) built in the board. And when it comes to wireless + BT on the board, you don't have much option in the first place.

Also, the CPU that it comes with the Zotac ID-70 is a 35watt (T series) compared to the 65watt version you see in retail. So that kinda solves your low power consumption requirement.

eSATA and Bluray, is all there too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotz View Post
Hi all

I'm trying to build one media center PC as well.. need some specification advices as I'm not quite sure where to start with
  • Needs Wifi
  • Needs bluetooth
  • Needs HDMI / DVI
  • Preferably with Blue Ray drive
  • Preferably with eSATA ports for future external inputs
  • I'd most probably running latest Linux Mint
  • I'd most probably be doubling this system as a web/file server in my home network
  • Saves power! Best if it can auto switch to low power mode when not in use, e.g. no apps running but just showing the desktop etc.

Will be best to have a list of where I can get the parts and their prices too!

I actually prefer to look for a table of all kinds of ITX motherboards, listing their features, pros and cons, but didn't find such tables. Will be best if anyone explains their added features and why motherboard A and better than motherboard B, etc.

Thanks for all advices in advance!
sg.png
Last edited by dr_disciple; Dec 7th, 11 at 01:46 PM..
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads