Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
raidorz

Trade rep: 21 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
raidorz Mar 27th, 12, 08:02 PM #8401

Anyone can give me a budget of build with 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, i3-2100, wireless with a nice case?

Main rig: Intel i5-3570k | Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty Professional | Asus HD7870 DCUII | Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 2x4GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Hitachi 1TB | FSP Aurum CM Gold 650W | Dell U2312HM | CM Storm Enforcer | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Peripherals:
Mouse: Razer Imperator 4G
Mousepad: Razer eXactMat | Steelseries QcK
Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja | Ducky-1087
Audio: Creative T20 Series II | Audio Technica ATH-M50s

FUG ALL YOU RETARDED LOWBALLERS!
sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

Trade rep: 107 (100%)
dr_disciple Mar 27th, 12, 09:19 PM #8402
Google for Zotac ZBOX ID-82. I think it'll be something you are looking for in for a very nice casing and of a proper budget .

PM me when you are done googling

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidorz View Post
Anyone can give me a budget of build with 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, i3-2100, wireless with a nice case?
sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

dr_disciple Mar 27th, 12, 09:20 PM #8403
6 SATA Intel Atom board. Got hidden from replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_disciple View Post
Here you go - Zotac NM10-DTX WIFI

ZOTAC - It's time to play! - NM10-DTX WiFi
sg.png
raidorz

raidorz Mar 27th, 12, 09:32 PM #8404
Quote:
Google for Zotac ZBOX ID-82. I think it'll be something you are looking for in for a very nice casing and of a proper budget .

PM me when you are done googling
So small. O.O. May go for mATX... Still considering since my mum may be switching from laptop to desktop.

Main rig: Intel i5-3570k | Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty Professional | Asus HD7870 DCUII | Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 2x4GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Hitachi 1TB | FSP Aurum CM Gold 650W | Dell U2312HM | CM Storm Enforcer | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Peripherals:

sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

dr_disciple Mar 27th, 12, 09:38 PM #8405
You post in ITX thread of course i recommend something small mah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidorz View Post
So small. O.O. May go for mATX... Still considering since my mum may be switching from laptop to desktop.
sg.png
Lippyt

Lippyt Mar 27th, 12, 10:07 PM #8406
Quote:
Here you go - Zotac NM10-DTX WIFI
Thanks! Is this sold at cybermind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimBlock View Post

Intel Lan ports (allowing link aggregation with compatible switch potentially allowing 2GbE network connectivity).
Thank you very much for the elaborate advice! This line has poisoned me... I have always fancied having link aggregation in my network. As for mobo size, it won't be a problem since I'm planning to use the Q08/Q25.

RB bro, where do you usually get your intel boards from?

Quote:
Beware that a lot of cheap one box NAS solutions use the CPU for decoding video and handling network communications. My own DLink DNS-323 was great until it can to streaming Blurays over my lan. A number of medial players can also suffer from this. These units are cheap for a reason.

RB
That's true. I was also considering the HP microserver as an alternative to DIY.
sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

dr_disciple Mar 27th, 12, 10:33 PM #8407
If you want can order thru me
sg.png
RimBlock

Trade rep: 38 (100%)
RimBlock Mar 28th, 12, 10:28 AM #8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippyt View Post
RB bro, where do you usually get your intel boards from?
Local distributors. Depends on which offers the best price at the time. As I am a Intel Gold Technology Partner I can also RMA for my customers and provide a replacement before your unit is tested as long as I have reasonable belief the problem is genuine (i.e. you tell me the fault, I get a replacement from Intel, you bring the part in, I replace on the spot). Certainly beats having to wait for a month to get something exchanged or repaired like I had to with my ASRock motherboard recently, although to be fair they did have to send it to Taiwan for repair and did it for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippyt View Post
That's true. I was also considering the HP microserver as an alternative to DIY.
That unit is very nice but not being sold by HP in Singapore (Stupid discussion on their part IMO) and so carry that same warranty risks as any 'grey import' stuff. You can get them on Amazon for US$279 but after exchange, shipping, memory upgrades etc your close to the S$450 mark. Not much more to get a far superior unit that would be locally supported and have better upgrade options.

RB
Hot Deals
Dell C6100 X23-TY3 cloud/VM cluster: 4 dual cpu servers in a box starting at only $1,600 with 6 months warranty.
9u 1000mm server racks: Same height as a coffee table and able to support most servers. Perfect for a home lab.
HP Network switches: Everything from entry level to enterprise level, we have the full range covered. Consumer models starting from $50.

Co-organiser and proud to support the Singapore Hadoop user group.
Check out the Hadoop Singapore user group here.

PM me, SMS/Whatsapp to 9362 0877 or Skype (RimBlock) for a quote or chat on IT problems and solutions.
ap.png
raidorz

raidorz Mar 28th, 12, 11:39 AM #8409
Quote:
You post in ITX thread of course i recommend something small mah!!!
Not because of small la. Just surprised it's so small. Of course smaller is better. Hahaha

Peripherals:

sg.png
Lippyt

Lippyt Mar 28th, 12, 12:16 PM #8410
Quote:
If you want can order thru me
Okay! I will contact you when i've made a decision
sg.png
Lippyt

Lippyt Mar 28th, 12, 12:25 PM #8411
Quote:
Local distributors. Depends on which offers the best price at the time. As I am a Intel Gold Technology Partner I can also RMA for my customers and provide a replacement before your unit is tested as long as I have reasonable belief the problem is genuine (i.e. you tell me the fault, I get a replacement from Intel, you bring the part in, I replace on the spot). Certainly beats having to wait for a month to get something exchanged or repaired like I had to with my ASRock motherboard recently, although to be fair they did have to send it to Taiwan for repair and did it for free.

That unit is very nice but not being sold by HP in Singapore (Stupid discussion on their part IMO) and so carry that same warranty risks as any 'grey import' stuff. You can get them on Amazon for US$279 but after exchange, shipping, memory upgrades etc your close to the S$450 mark. Not much more to get a far superior unit that would be locally supported and have better upgrade options.

RB
Okay! I will approach you if I decide to go the intel server board route! Many exciting choices
sg.png
farbird Registered User

Trade rep: 1 (67%)
farbird Mar 29th, 12, 10:50 AM #8412
thanks of the suggestion..

But I rather my itx setup be without addon gfx cards..

For nvidia, I have used them since the riva tnt era and am familiarized with the linux drivers... [ troubleshooting parameters with xorg.conf , mplayer settings, vdpau ].

Actually, if u are to look at all mainboards, there are no upgrade paths [ from a certain perspective ]. My last zotac itx, the 9300 itx/wifi... no longer upgradable in terms of cpu, coz the new cpus require different cpu slots already..

And even if i were to get the i3/i5/i7 cpu compatible itx mb... 2 years down the road, they will suffer the same technology limitation coz another new cpu slot has appeared.. and even with the fastest i7 processor then, it will lose out the new entry level cpu with new slot and updated technology..

And since my pc is hardly turned on nowadays, I rather spend on a budget power saving atom cpu with gfx that able to handle my requirements [ hdmi/1080/linux/ fit in slim itx case ], I will be happy liao...

Gaming needs are satisfied via the xbox360 so no need too fast on pc...

Quote:
Depends on your priority.

If I can get a G620 plus H67 board and 4GB ram for the same price then that is the route I would personally take. The G620 uses the HD2000 video chipset, the same as the i3/i5/i7 and those processors have no issues with Linux, windows or Bluray playback.

For another S$40 over the Zotac D2700 board you could get a H67 board, G620 and a separate GT520 card. You could upgrade the graphics card and the processor later if you want to which you cannot witht he D2700 board. Atom boards are great if they are cheap as they have no upgrade path. When they are expensive then I would think twice as they have no upgrade path and the next tier up may well get round that problem as in this case.

RB
sg.png
RimBlock

Trade rep: 38 (100%)
RimBlock Mar 29th, 12, 10:20 PM #8413
Quote:
Originally Posted by farbird View Post
Actually, if u are to look at all mainboards, there are no upgrade paths [ from a certain perspective ]. My last zotac itx, the 9300 itx/wifi... no longer upgradable in terms of cpu, coz the new cpus require different cpu slots already..

And even if i were to get the i3/i5/i7 cpu compatible itx mb... 2 years down the road, they will suffer the same technology limitation coz another new cpu slot has appeared.. and even with the fastest i7 processor then, it will lose out the new entry level cpu with new slot and updated technology..
Err, yeah I guess so if you look from that, rather strange perspective. Rather like saying no cars are upgradable as 20 years down the line they will probably be using different fuels or engine parts.

Looking at the second hand market, people are regularly selling LGA775 CPUs here which are 2 (soon to be 3) generations old. Upgradable does not mean being able to buy new processors that will beat anything else for ever, it means being able to improve on what you currently have. The Intel distributors also still list LGA775 CPUs new for sale. Just because you do not see them in the shops, does not mean they are not available if you know where to get them or who to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbird View Post
And since my pc is hardly turned on nowadays, I rather spend on a budget power saving atom cpu with gfx that able to handle my requirements [ hdmi/1080/linux/ fit in slim itx case ], I will be happy liao...

Gaming needs are satisfied via the xbox360 so no need too fast on pc...
Intel DN2800MT thin mITX. The GMA 3650 is rated for 1080p Bluray 2.0, includes HDMI, thin board enabling a super small case, DC power in so no PSU (or PicoPSU) required in the case.

Jetway, another brand DD distributes along with Zotac, also has a number of D2700 boards that list HD 1080p Bluray 2.0 supported with HDMI. Surprised they have not been mentioned as a cheaper alternative for you.

Based on the details above, the only thing missing is the Nvidia chipset but still these boards cope with your listed requirements for a much cheaper cost and lower power consumption. If you must have a Nvidia chipset, which seems the case even though it is not required for 1080p playback, and don't want any add on cards then you are very limited and so you pay a heavy price. If you want HD video, low power, small case then there are much cheaper alternatives.

Wouldn't want people incorrectly thinking they have to pay for a top of the range premium product just to play HD video on one of the new Atom boards.

RB
Hot Deals
Dell C6100 X23-TY3 cloud/VM cluster: 4 dual cpu servers in a box starting at only $1,600 with 6 months warranty.
9u 1000mm server racks: Same height as a coffee table and able to support most servers. Perfect for a home lab.
HP Network switches: Everything from entry level to enterprise level, we have the full range covered. Consumer models starting from $50.

Co-organiser and proud to support the Singapore Hadoop user group.
Check out the Hadoop Singapore user group here.

PM me, SMS/Whatsapp to 9362 0877 or Skype (RimBlock) for a quote or chat on IT problems and solutions.
gb.png
t258jgn
Live To Eat

Trade rep: 1070 (100%)
t258jgn Mar 29th, 12, 11:20 PM #8414
Swee.... 6x SATA ports for my new NAS

sg.png
dr_disciple
-=LAN 'O' Wii=-

dr_disciple Mar 29th, 12, 11:31 PM #8415
Nice board .

But I think i'll wait till the next chipset revision which is due in a couple of months after Ivy to have ALL SATA III support. Then it'll be more practical to have 6 x SATA III ports then the same 4 SATA II by 2 SATA III setup like the old Zotac H67.
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads