Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
chongcheng Registered User

Trade rep: 24 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
chongcheng Sep 26th, 08, 11:12 AM #16

It is true their products are more expensive...

And the service attitude is kind of bad...I once inquired about a product there and its price, after discovering it is too expensive for my budget, I declined and the salesman really brushed me off like nobody business... That though wasn't the worst experience I had in Sim Lim
au.png
softmetal Old Bird

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
softmetal Sep 26th, 08, 12:58 PM #17
If really almost all their items over price, i just wonder how they can survive for so long ? i have seen their shop since i start doing diy computer.

My guess is that some items are cheap, some are not...
Last week i just bought a prolink wireless mini nano mouse for $45, which is the cheaper than most shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchua View Post
Almost ALL their items OVER PRICED !!!
TS should have open your eyes wider. SLS have more AH BENG shops then anywhere else.
sg.png
andyb123 Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
andyb123 Sep 26th, 08, 02:42 PM #18
[QUOTE=kujiro;5852765]a general rule of thumb, if you are intending to get ur gadgets at simlim, its important to do ur own homework and know roughly what u want, instead of seeking an opinion at shop front. when u have posed to be inconfident of urself thats where their salesmen will get at you.[QUOTE]

I knew exactly what I wanted, I knew that what they had I could jury rig but it wasn't the best solution, I didn't ask his opinion I asked him a straight question: "can I return this?", he lied and said "yes"

I do stick my hand up and admit that having been in 4 countries in the last week I got confused between sing dollars and malay ringgits and thought I was paying a fair price for what I had bought, but as I say the price was not really the issue

I just thought people deserved a heads up that the salesman in M Technics will tell you anything to take your money and then refuse to honour any promises he makes
sg.png
reddevil0728

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
reddevil0728 Sep 26th, 08, 06:00 PM #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb123 View Post
I did ask before buying, the guy TOLD ME he would refund me no problems... he lied
i mean go ard asking
I will not procrastinate, I will start tomorrow!

Whatever floats your boat... It takes two hands to clap.
sg.png
Shrek Ogre

Trade rep: 36 (100%)
Shrek Sep 26th, 08, 06:02 PM #20
actually if u look carefully. all those shops similiar to m technics are the same owner.
Main : | 3570k 4.5 ghz | Gigabyte Z77 G1 Sniper 3 | Samsung 30nm 4x4gb 2133 CL 9 1.5v | Gigabyte Windforce 7950/GTX770 | HD204UI + ST31000528AS + Crucial M4 256GB | Stacker Clone | HX620 | 3007WFP-HC| Wave Pro |

sg.png
kujiro Registered User

kujiro Sep 27th, 08, 11:02 AM #21
I knew exactly what I wanted, I knew that what they had I could jury rig but it wasn't the best solution, I didn't ask his opinion I asked him a straight question: "can I return this?", he lied and said "yes"

I do stick my hand up and admit that having been in 4 countries in the last week I got confused between sing dollars and malay ringgits and thought I was paying a fair price for what I had bought, but as I say the price was not really the issue

I just thought people deserved a heads up that the salesman in M Technics will tell you anything to take your money and then refuse to honour any promises he makes[/QUOTE]

i understand what u have been thru, lying salesperson is the issue i suppose.. hmm honestly nothing much can be done now... guess its a lesson learnt
sg.png
coyote2

Trade rep: 5 (100%)
coyote2 Sep 27th, 08, 01:10 PM #22
Our so called, "ask before buying" mean don't pay before you do your homework.

In this case, sad to say, you just have yourself to blame. Since you were going to still look around, why you pay first? That simply does not make any sense. Not that I'm siding with any shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb123 View Post
I did ask before buying, the guy TOLD ME he would refund me no problems... he lied
WTS:Biostar A880G+ matx board for amd phenom ii cpu
http://forums.vr-zone.com/motherboar...-ii-cpu-2.html
sg.png
Levin
i float like a butterfly

Trade rep: 2 (100%)
Levin Sep 27th, 08, 02:08 PM #23
The issue is, you wanted just convenience. You wanted to pay for it first because you didn't want to return to the shop again if you couldn't find it elsewhere. You found a similar device at a cheaper price. The shop isn't in the wrong since it didn't advertise with the slogan indicating you can refund the item if you found it elsewhere at a lower price. The persons in the wrong are the lying shopkeeper and you. 2 wrongs doesn't make one right.

It's not a crime to overprice items either. Nobody does homework AFTER making a purchase.
sg.png
Demoman
zomgbbqhaxlolwtfcake

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Demoman Sep 27th, 08, 04:01 PM #24
i lol'd.
sg.png
weib
Siao unker.

Trade rep: 46 (100%)
weib Sep 27th, 08, 04:17 PM #25
You agreed to the price already what.
If you rant about being overpriced then okay la..

But now you're accusing them as lying thieves, if they were to sue you for slander they'd win a case.

Don't act juvenile and move on, unless they took out a gun to a place it to your head, you could have walked around and scouted for what you wanted after noting the price and come back later to make a purchase.

Now you found something cheaper you want to refund it? That way, how can anyone run a business...If so then, i could bring back alot of things to supermarts as i found that JB is much cheaper.
sg.png
Last edited by weib; Sep 27th, 08 at 04:20 PM..
andyb123 Registered User

andyb123 Sep 27th, 08, 06:28 PM #26
as I said in the first place, the price is not really the issue... I told the guy that the part he was giving me was not really what I wanted and could I return it if I found the thing I actually wanted, he told me "yes" and then went back on that statement

that sort of thing is standard practice in the UK, but then as I'm rapidly discovering we have very different ideas about customer service...

I accept that getting fleeced on price is my own fault

as a tourist that found out about Sim Lim through this forum, I thought that other tourists might also want a heads up to keep their wits about them when shopping in SE Asia
sg.png
Levin
i float like a butterfly

Trade rep: 2 (100%)
Levin Sep 28th, 08, 05:26 PM #27
Customer service varies from shop to shop, organisation to organisation. If you found out Sim Lim through this forum, I believe you have missed the part where you could read on and understand that not EVERY shops in Sim Lim offer superb customer service. There're the reputable ones and the not-so-reputable ones.
sg.png
sirchua Registered User

Trade rep: 8 (100%)
sirchua Sep 28th, 08, 06:09 PM #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by softmetal View Post
If really almost all their items over price, i just wonder how they can survive for so long ? i have seen their shop since i start doing diy computer.

My guess is that some items are cheap, some are not...
Last week i just bought a prolink wireless mini nano mouse for $45, which is the cheaper than most shop.
Good that you have find some thing that are cheaper in this shop than others. However I never have any luck with them. Every time I go in to check the price with them, always need to take 3 steps back .
sg.png
moneygod
$GAWD ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO $$!?

Trade rep: 68 (100%)
moneygod Sep 28th, 08, 07:03 PM #29
i cannot help but feel that the responses here is the exact reason why unscrupulous sales people in SLS dare to pull off stunts one after another. after all there's always someone to support them when it comes to idiots who deserve to be chopped.
sg.png
88tian Registered User

88tian Sep 29th, 08, 10:28 PM #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongcheng View Post
It is true their products are more expensive...

And the service attitude is kind of bad...I once inquired about a product there and its price, after discovering it is too expensive for my budget, I declined and the salesman really brushed me off like nobody business... That though wasn't the worst experience I had in Sim Lim
wonder who is that who brushed you off
sg.png
Linear Mode Linear Mode