Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by lin san
    Is BENQ selling 20" 2091 or 2092 (resolution 1600X1200)? Do you know the price? Thanks.
    Checked Benq totay, only selling wide screen , no 4:3 20" model LCD available.

  2. #47
    Registered User draftspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,214
    Wahz... The Benq 202 is really a good buy at $649 - 20", 1680x1050, 8ms...

    Anybody knows if this model can select fixed AR / native resolution, i.e. if signal is 1024x768 then the displayed image stays at 4:3 (rather than stretch to 1680x1050)? Important for playing games at lower resolutions.

    Lian Li A07 | Antec NeoHE 500 | ASUS Sabretooth 55i | Corsair XMS3 | Intel Core i5 650 | Leadtek 9600GT SLI

  3. #48
    Registered User draftspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by lin san
    Checked Benq totay, only selling wide screen , no 4:3 20" model LCD available.
    I've considered the FP2901 model before - IMO this display not favourable either way... Contrast rating too low for CAD / graphics / photo editing, on the other hand the 16ms response time not fantastic for gaming.

    Couldn't find a 1600x1200 one with the right specs and fit within my budget, so still waiting for the 'business' models to 'fall' into the consumer market. :

    Lian Li A07 | Antec NeoHE 500 | ASUS Sabretooth 55i | Corsair XMS3 | Intel Core i5 650 | Leadtek 9600GT SLI

  4. #49
    4. FABREGAS weixiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    30,863
    Quote Originally Posted by draftspeed
    so still waiting for the 'business' models to 'fall' into the consumer market. :
    is this likely to happen..?


  5. #50
    Uncle Hoot & amp;amp; amp;amp; amp; amp; amp; a mp; amp; amp; amp; a mp; amp; amp; a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; a mp; Hoot more domho7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    TENpenis & BUkee Balok
    Posts
    57,874

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by draftspeed
    Wahz... The Benq 202 is really a good buy at $649 - 20", 1680x1050, 8ms...

    Anybody knows if this model can select fixed AR / native resolution, i.e. if signal is 1024x768 then the displayed image stays at 4:3 (rather than stretch to 1680x1050)? Important for playing games at lower resolutions.
    But currently no stock for this leh, must pre order collect from Skylet.

    Get Yan's DIY Cables!!!

  6. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by draftspeed
    I've considered the FP2901 model before - IMO this display not favourable either way... Contrast rating too low for CAD / graphics / photo editing, on the other hand the 16ms response time not fantastic for gaming.

    Couldn't find a 1600x1200 one with the right specs and fit within my budget, so still waiting for the 'business' models to 'fall' into the consumer market. :
    Nonsense, I'm using the Dell counterpart now and it's fantastic. Calibrate it with a GregtagMacbeth and it does good work. 16ms on a SIPS panel is better than TN or MVA at 16ms. Don't let the numbers decieve you!

  7. #52
    Welcome Home
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Area
    Posts
    821
    Why 19 and 20inch lcd the price gap quite a difference? 19inch analog less than $500 can get and 20inch type (analog too?) mostly at $700+/- ?

  8. #53
    Welcome Home
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Area
    Posts
    821
    Sorry again can anyone briefly explain what SIPS panel and etc.. what are the main difference between them? Thanks

  9. #54
    Registered User draftspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by domho7
    But currently no stock for this leh, must pre order collect from Skylet.
    At that price I guess it was expected. Customers are becoming savvy...

    weixiang well usually the retail products get discon i.e. so the business-type products don't cross over into the consumer-type market. But the OEM parts aren't so distinct, so I won't be surprised if the flat panel previously used in a $2k high-end display becomes relegated someday into a $1k mid-end model. It's just a matter of the cost of the part on the OEM market, and the sourcing by last-tier manufacturer.

    I'm just waiting those 1600x1200 panels to become 'mainstream' enough and fall into the sub-$1k category.

    Lian Li A07 | Antec NeoHE 500 | ASUS Sabretooth 55i | Corsair XMS3 | Intel Core i5 650 | Leadtek 9600GT SLI

  10. #55
    Registered User draftspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by yslee
    Nonsense, I'm using the Dell counterpart now and it's fantastic. Calibrate it with a GregtagMacbeth and it does good work. 16ms on a SIPS panel is better than TN or MVA at 16ms. Don't let the numbers decieve you!
    Bro not everyone here uses (or even know about) GretagMacbeth! But you're right, with the right calibration the colors can improve significantly.

    Nevertheless the numbers to a certain extent show the 'limitations' of the display - even with calibration sometimes the medium / method of the display is just unable to deliver. Yes SIPS is superior to TN in some ways but then I expect the specs to be 'impartial' to either type. BTW I would consider color reproduction (gamut) and contrast (dynamic range) separately, but its not generally understood that way.

    Anyways... The problem really is that I can't just buy and try - it's a lot of money wasted if it turns out to be a dud! So sometimes I have to depend on the specs to make an 'informed' decision. But thanks bro for the tip / advice.

    Lian Li A07 | Antec NeoHE 500 | ASUS Sabretooth 55i | Corsair XMS3 | Intel Core i5 650 | Leadtek 9600GT SLI

  11. #56
    4. FABREGAS weixiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    30,863
    Quote Originally Posted by draftspeed
    At that price I guess it was expected. Customers are becoming savvy...

    weixiang well usually the retail products get discon i.e. so the business-type products don't cross over into the consumer-type market. But the OEM parts aren't so distinct, so I won't be surprised if the flat panel previously used in a $2k high-end display becomes relegated someday into a $1k mid-end model. It's just a matter of the cost of the part on the OEM market, and the sourcing by last-tier manufacturer.

    I'm just waiting those 1600x1200 panels to become 'mainstream' enough and fall into the sub-$1k category.
    i see...so hope the 20" and above move down..? hahaha


  12. #57
    Registered User draftspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by od00bo
    Sorry again can anyone briefly explain what SIPS panel and etc.. what are the main difference between them? Thanks
    They are types of TFT LCD control, i.e. the electrical part of displaying the image. TFT really just refers to the 'medium', whereas TN/SIPS is the specific 'method'. Check it out in wikipedia:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFT_LCD

    Lian Li A07 | Antec NeoHE 500 | ASUS Sabretooth 55i | Corsair XMS3 | Intel Core i5 650 | Leadtek 9600GT SLI

  13. #58
    4. FABREGAS weixiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    30,863
    i beo-ing the FP202 liao....buay tahan liao....orgasm liao....

    sian...tempted to the dark side...still wanna be Jedi leh...


  14. #59
    Registered User draftspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by weixiang
    i beo-ing the FP202 liao....buay tahan liao....orgasm liao....

    sian...tempted to the dark side...still wanna be Jedi leh...
    LOL what is so "dark side" about the BenQ?

    Anyway I think I really OT liao. Got any customer review for the viewsonic?

    Lian Li A07 | Antec NeoHE 500 | ASUS Sabretooth 55i | Corsair XMS3 | Intel Core i5 650 | Leadtek 9600GT SLI

  15. #60
    4. FABREGAS weixiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    30,863
    hmm...spend $$ again lor....hahahaha....
    yah hope some1 review the viewsonic to0..it's a battle between this 2..


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast