Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
reddevil0728

Trade rep: 15 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
reddevil0728 May 4th, 08, 07:27 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_88 View Post
how about citibank, HSBC and Standard chartered?

why not much heard about them? too high class?
From what i understand, the need a minimum amt to be left in the acc if not they will charge
I will not procrastinate, I will start tomorrow!

Whatever floats your boat... It takes two hands to clap.
sg.png
zero_88

Trade rep: 6 (100%)
zero_88 May 6th, 08, 12:51 AM #17
how about citibank?
sg.png
genetic_ares Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
genetic_ares May 6th, 08, 08:10 AM #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil0728 View Post
From what i understand, the need a minimum amt to be left in the acc if not they will charge
er from wat i know almost all banks imposed min amt if not charge policy, posb also have 500min or 600 min if not fine 2 dollar monthly.

to ts
currently i have 3 bank account
1 posb where all my pt salary channeled to.
2 ntuc ocbc. note this type of account is under ocbc.
(check for interest rate b4 opening an account)
1 for saving money since statement is sent monthly and high interest rate, can take out money easily unlike FD.
another 1 for normal use, like buy things on9, Nets, and debit purchase.

the account give u 1% interest now(which is very high already)
debit card for above 16
credit card for above 21 and working people.
no min amount needed. tried having 1 dollar inside for 2 months, and have 1.XXXX inside after that due to interest.
hotline service quite long hours, think 9am to 10pm, if not then is 24 hours.

bad point is no book, anything have to be done with the atm, cannot queue up in ocbc bank.
sg.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 May 6th, 08, 09:55 AM #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_ares View Post
er from wat i know almost all banks imposed min amt if not charge policy, posb also have 500min or 600 min if not fine 2 dollar monthly.

to ts
1 for saving money since statement is sent monthly and high interest rate, can take out money easily unlike FD.

debit card for above 16
no min amount needed. tried having 1 dollar inside for 2 months, and have 1.XXXX inside after that due to interest.

bad point is no book, anything have to be done with the atm, cannot queue up in ocbc bank.
for posb if u r under 21 they will waive for u.. for UOB also the same. not sure abt other banks..

for debit card, only UOB issue debit card to those above 16 right? POSB can only issue to above 17.

credit card, if parents give supplementary card, 18 can get liao

sg.png

genetic_ares May 6th, 08, 06:37 PM #20
Quote:
for posb if u r under 21 they will waive for u.. for UOB also the same. not sure abt other banks..

for debit card, only UOB issue debit card to those above 16 right? POSB can only issue to above 17.
dunno lehz, my sis change her children book due to page finish to the blue book, den below 500 minus le. when she 17(few years back). so i not sure

not sure if UOB give debit card to above 16, but OCBC fairprice plus gave, and i have mine wif me now.
sg.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 May 6th, 08, 06:47 PM #21
Quote:
dunno lehz, my sis change her children book due to page finish to the blue book, den below 500 minus le. when she 17(few years back). so i not sure

not sure if UOB give debit card to above 16, but OCBC fairprice plus gave, and i have mine wif me now.
For posb, they say 1 of ur 2 accounts will be waive if u below 21. but i got 2 accounts n both waive... uob give supplementary card to above 16. posb need to be 17

sg.png
zero_88

zero_88 May 7th, 08, 12:41 AM #22
Quote:

to ts

debit card for above 16

may I know what is a FD?

and when the pay channel to ur POSb account hor....

how u put $$ to ur saving account(OCBC fairprice..)? don't u feel hassle to transfer from one account to another?
sg.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 May 7th, 08, 07:47 PM #23
Quote:
may I know what is a FD?

how u put $$ to ur saving account(OCBC fairprice..)? don't u feel hassle to transfer from one account to another?
FD= FIXED DEPOSIT

there is such thing call internet banking.. although interbank transfer take 3 days. or u can like let it accumulate then transfer in lump sum

sg.png

genetic_ares May 7th, 08, 07:48 PM #24
Quote:
may I know what is a FD?

as for pay transfer, i got no choice the company only take posb and dbs bank account. btw near my house got CC wif posb atm and ocbc deposit machine next to it. so quite ok, can do tt when i go CC to buy things.

and of coz internet banking which is quite easy. juz click and wait, though they charge a bit
sg.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 May 7th, 08, 08:25 PM #25
Quote:
as for pay transfer, i got no choice the company only take posb and dbs bank account. btw near my house got CC wif posb atm and ocbc deposit machine next to it. so quite ok, can do tt when i go CC to buy things.

and of coz internet banking which is quite easy. juz click and wait, though they charge a bit
dun think there is charge.. is there?

sg.png
zero_88

zero_88 May 7th, 08, 11:37 PM #26
OK...the charge thing I will find out soon.....

so most people
  • Use POSB to spend, put pay and pay NETs
  • Use UOB to save

That all right?

Now I am looking at different debit card available for different Bank...now I only look at OCBC,POSB/DBS and UOB.

Because some bank account got free debit card, I got anaylse a bit and so let share and please give me some opinion...thanks...

POSB GO! Card
  • spending limit of up to $2,000 daily for your MasterCard signature payment, subject to availability of funds in your account.
  • you will receive a monthly statement on your signed purchases if your Card is linked to a POSB Savings Account or DBS Bank account.
  • it is a MasterCard, you can use it in Singapore and at more than 25 million locations worldwide
  • is valid for 10 years
  • There is no service charge, no annual card fee and no minimum spending requirement.
  • At least 17 years old
  • NO INTERNET TRANSACTION

UOB Visa Mini Debit
  • No monthly bills
  • A generous monthly spending limit of S$5,000 (subject to balance available in the linked UOB Savings or Current account)
  • The Card is accepted and recognised at more than 20 million VISA merchants worldwide, including those operating on the Internet and mail/telephone orders
  • enjoy free gifts/vouchers or discounted offers
  • cannot be used at ATMs and other machines where the Card has to be inserted.
  • You must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident and at least 18 years old
  • There is no annual fee for the UOB Visa Mini Debit.

UOB VISA Electron Card
  • Making purchases without having to worry about overspending or being overdrawn as purchases are deducted quickly, securely and directly from your UOB Savings or Current account, all with just a signature
  • Choice of linking your UOB Savings Account, Uniplus Account, Campus Account, Current Account or i-Account to your UOB VISA Electron Card
  • A generous daily limit of S$3,000 and an initial monthly limit of S$10,000
  • Choice to change the initial set monthly limit of S$10,000
  • No annual card fee
  • 18 year old

FairPrice Plus Debit Card

• "All-in-one card" that functions as Visa Debit, NETS/ATM and Link Card
  • Pay for your purchases at over 24 million merchant outlets worldwide with VISA and NETS
  • Free membership into LinkPoints loyalty program and receive:-

At all NTUC FairPrice Stores S$1 Spent= 2 LinkPoints (min spend of $20)
    At VISA accepting merchants S$2 Spent = 1 LinkPoint (VISA transactions)
  • Special deals at preferred outlets like Cathay Cineplexes, The Cathay Restaurant and CD-Rama Stores.
  • Shop online with ease through VISA
  • Card bundled with FairPrice Plus Savings Account with high interest rate of 1% p.a. from the first dollar
  • No opening deposit is required
  • No minimum balance required and
  • No monthly service fee
  • Monthly statements mailed to you instead of a passbook
  • cannot visit any branch
  • 16 year old

UOB TX
  • Attractive interest rates
  • A specially-designed VISA TX Card that is a Debit Card with ATM, NETS and PLUS facilities. Your complimentary VISA TX Card allows access to over 800,000 VISA/PLUS ATMs worldwide and access to local ATM and NETS networks. The VISA TX Card is also accepted and recognized by more than 20 million VISA merchants worldwide
  • 24-hour access to your TX Account through our UOB Personal Internet Banking and Phone Banking service
  • No minimum balance and service charges
  • Minimum initial deposit of S$100
  • UNI$ when you use your VISA TX Card that you can accumulate and redeem from a wide range of gifts
  • Access to UniAlerts which will alert you on your banking activities via email or mobile phone
  • Above 16 years old up to 21 years old
  • An initial deposit of S$100 for Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents/ Non-Singaporeans
  • No charge

Anyone know how TX debit card look like? what colour one? OCBC all must pay fee one...except Fairprice....
sg.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 May 8th, 08, 05:42 PM #27
this is how UOB tx debit card look like

fyi, if u got UV blacklight, u shine on the card. u will see a dove

UOB VISA Electron Card and UOB Visa Mini Debit still available meh? i search ard can't find leh.

anyway i wouldn't really recommend the POSB GO! Card even thought its free... firstly you can do online transaction aka u want to book tickets or buy stuff online, u can't use tt card... and if i am not wrong you can't do phone booking also for like movie tickets... other debits card allow u to do tt...

u can get POSB MasterCard Debit

free waiver for first 3 yrs and subsequent yrs, u want free u need to charge 18 times to ur card.. meaning u need to SIGN not use pin to pay for stuff for 18 times...

personally i will suggest DBS CapitaCard MasterCard Platinum Debit Card
free waiver for first 2 yrs. but when u spend at capitaland malls, at particpating outlets u get a certain percentage of cash rebates while at other outlets and other places u get 0.03% rebates... this cash rebates means if lets say u spend $100, 0.03% cash rebate will mean u will get 3 CAPITADOLLAR which u can use as credits to purchase stuff at places tt accept it... so if lets say u got 20 Capitadollar, u can go to certain places. say u want to pay using it... give them the card. they will use the terminal and deduct the capitadollar and u dun hv to pay anything...

if u really dun want to pay then posb go card lor... but uob campus tx will be a better choice... although i still prefer the dbs capitacard... first time i see a debit card tt is platinum siahz..

Quote:
so most people

* Use POSB to spend, put pay and pay NETs
* Use UOB to save
this 1 who say 1? not totally true lor...

sg.png
zero_88

zero_88 May 9th, 08, 12:28 AM #28
Quote:
this is how UOB tx debit card look like

fyi, if u got UV blacklight, u shine on the card. u will see a dove

UOB VISA Electron Card and UOB Visa Mini Debit still available meh? i search ard can't find leh.

anyway i wouldn't really recommend the POSB GO! Card even thought its free... firstly you can do online transaction aka u want to book tickets or buy stuff online, u can't use tt card... and if i am not wrong you can't do phone booking also for like movie tickets... other debits card allow u to do tt...

u can get POSB MasterCard Debit

free waiver for first 3 yrs and subsequent yrs, u want free u need to charge 18 times to ur card.. meaning u need to SIGN not use pin to pay for stuff for 18 times...

personally i will suggest DBS CapitaCard MasterCard Platinum Debit Card
free waiver for first 2 yrs. but when u spend at capitaland malls, at particpating outlets u get a certain percentage of cash rebates while at other outlets and other places u get 0.03% rebates... this cash rebates means if lets say u spend $100, 0.03% cash rebate will mean u will get 3 CAPITADOLLAR which u can use as credits to purchase stuff at places tt accept it... so if lets say u got 20 Capitadollar, u can go to certain places. say u want to pay using it... give them the card. they will use the terminal and deduct the capitadollar and u dun hv to pay anything...

if u really dun want to pay then posb go card lor... but uob campus tx will be a better choice... although i still prefer the dbs capitacard... first time i see a debit card tt is platinum siahz..

this 1 who say 1? not totally true lor...
ya...not really true...base on your understanding...cold you advise me which is best SAVING account?

If I want to save a part of my salary every month?
sg.png
reddevil0728

reddevil0728 May 9th, 08, 06:06 AM #29
Quote:
ya...not really true...base on your understanding...cold you advise me which is best SAVING account?

If I want to save a part of my salary every month?
The best saving account is Fixed Deposit... u need to call up the banks to find out which of them offer the highest interest rate

sg.png
MikeDirnt78 Registered User

MikeDirnt78 May 10th, 08, 12:43 AM #30
so have you decided on your bank account? i saw your threads almost everywhere

it shouldnt be so difficult to decide on a bank account. just choose 1 and open another one if you feel better. instead you should be spending more time on improving knowledge how to make your money work harder and give better returns. cheers
Live Chat and Ask about: Insurance | Stocks | Finance | Credit Cards
sg.png
Linear Mode Linear Mode