difference between peers and seeds

as above...can anyone explain?

google is your friend.
    Red-volution Mk I- 9650 Phenom|Xigmatek Red Scorpion|MSI DKA790GX Platinum|4 x 1 GB Adata| Palit HD4870 1gb|WD Cavier Black 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb + 320gb Maxtor SATA II|Andyson F650|Lancool K7 Metal Bone|X-Sword 2496->ATH M50 & AE A5|Oppo 980HD| Eizo HD2441

Updates -
    Mingda amps|Custom Audiophile cables|An Audioholic Abroad part 1

Current MO -
    Full Aluminium Mini ITX Chassis

Contact me via -
    Msn ID- Theaudiohub@gmail.com
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub
    Join the audiohub facebook fan page

your answer applies to every thread here. thought maybe some people might be able to help. haha

seeds is the one got the completed files
    peers still sharing to get completed then become seeds

Quote Originally Posted by val_wilder
    seeds is the one got the completed files
    peers still sharing to get completed then become seeds
    ya...the more seed the better ....got 1000 peer no seed mean u can nv finish ur dl until a seed comes up

Quote Originally Posted by jlpk007
    ya...the more seed the better ....got 1000 peer no seed mean u can nv finish ur dl until a seed comes up
    was abt to ask this..damn shit..i got a file now 50+ peers, no seeders..shld i give up..?
    LOL

walau...all stuck at 90%...knn

Quote Originally Posted by jlpk007
    Not true. Nobody has to complete file doesn't mean there isn't a complete file amongst them. Example I have the first half, you have the second. We both only have half but between us, we have the whole file.

In this scenario, your BT client should be able to tell if there's a complete set and if it's a good client, try to optimise which pieces to get. Ultimately somebody will get all the pieces, assemble the complete file and become a seeder, and knowing the odds, just log off. $@#!@

Quote Originally Posted by welcomb
    and knowing the odds, just log off. $@#!@
    hahahaha...sounds like a singaporean...

I do all my own stunts gratelemming's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by welcomb
    Not true. Nobody has to complete file doesn't mean there isn't a complete file amongst them. Example I have the first half, you have the second. We both only have half but between us, we have the whole file.

In this scenario, your BT client should be able to tell if there's a complete set and if it's a good client, try to optimise which pieces to get. Ultimately somebody will get all the pieces, assemble the complete file and become a seeder, and knowing the odds, just log off. $@#!@
    To add on, the stat you should be looking for is "Availability", which is the ratio of the file being distributed. You should probably give up if there are no seeders and its below 1 for a long period, since its likely that the file will never complete. Some seeders have their files on rotation though, so it would be good to be patient....

dude, how to check availability..?

If you're using uTorrent, it's one of those columns in your download.

See http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_doe...bility_mean.3F
    Last edited by welcomb; May 27th, 07 at 06:36 PM.

Peer is a friend

Seed is something that can grow
    Razer Destructor Black, Samsung T260HD, AE Aego M 2.1 White, Samsung GT-C3530 Black, Sony Playstation 3 Lightning Version 2, Samsung 32" 5 Series Slim LED TV, Fiio E12 Black, Shure Limited Blue SE215, Edifier S730, Polygon Heist 3.0 Hybrid, Nokia 515 White, Samsung Tab 7.0 Lite, Fiio X5, Samsung K Zoom White, Sony Xperia E1 Dual-Sim Purple, Xiaomi Redmi 1S Grey, Logitech AnyAngle Violet, Nokia 8250 Red, Sony B183F Blue 4GB, Astro A40 MixAmp Pro, Ducky Shine4 White with White Switch, SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Mouse, Sony Playstation 4 Glacier White 500GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gold, Apple iPad Mini 3 16GB 4G Gold,

Blacklist : audiohubSG 81976118

icic..thanks...