We notice, however, that pure speed from the subscriber's home to their provider's exchange does not guarantee a good Internet experience. There is no bandwidth guarantee given by providers to consumers, with Internet traffic often being classed as "best-effort". In this current day, we are left with nothing but to accept the word of the provider. How much bandwidth is available and at what latency and quality of service is it being provided?
VR-Zone presents QoSTest, which will provide the answer to these questions and more. This Internet Quality of Service test is a improvement from current common testing methods which simply take an end-to-end throughput check. The benchmark features a full suite of metrics and covers a much larger sample of locations, thereby measuring not just the connection between you and one test server, but your connection to the Internet as a whole.
Currently Available Test Metrics
1. Real-world HTTP Performance Test to Top 20 rated websites around the globe
2. ICMP Ping Test to major routers in wide selection of countries (RTT/Jitter/Loss measurement)
3. UDP Ping Test to selected endpoints (RTT/Jitter/Loss measurement)
4. SIP (Voip) Ping Test to selected endpoints (RTT/Jitter/Loss measurement)
5. SIP (Voip) Priority under heavy load "QoS" test (RTT/Jitter/Loss measurement)
6. TCP Throughput Test
The QoSTest will be able to compare your connection not only with others testers, but with other isps, modems and countries. You can also use it to share with us results if you notice any slowness in your network. You can even download it and have it run to monitor your connection to see if there is any overloading in your network. We hope that, with enough data, we will be able to reveal the true Internet Quality of Service Experience that one will get with each ISP.
Give it a go today at
Comments and questions are welcome here!