Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 166
  1. #16
    eddie00
    Guest

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by p4c
    bt d/l speed's great at 1st,but it's been sluggish nw,especially in the afternoon,will get a burst of speed after 10pm,last for 1 or 2 hr then back to ard 10-20kB/s-ish
    im now using 3500kbps d/l speed ok leh maybe upgrade 10mbps liao will be much much faster


  2. #17
    I am Legend Alethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    681
    Powered by:
    Intel i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator 32GB | MSI GTX980 4GB | Corsair Vertex 4 256GB (OS) | Cosair h100i Hydro |
    Creative Sound Blaster ZxR | CM HAF-XM | CM 1000W M2 | Samsung 6 Series 40" 3D LED TV | Logitech z5500 5.1 | Asus RT-AC68U Router

    Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB | Razer Ouroboros | Razer Onza | Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note IV | Microsoft Surface Pro

  3. #18
    Registered User lawrence_chin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Alethal
    Ah man! I used to get to speeds.. like for the first 3 months.. now it's so horrible, if I took a pic of my bt running you all will cry.. current speed 0-2kB/s!

    How? Does anyone know about the satelite broadband? Heard Bukit Timah got already, wonder if they are any good..

  4. #19
    NEET PiNgPiNg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    31,094
    been using 10mbps for quite sometime le...

    1) very worth it if there is multiple PC accessing the Net
    2) can handle alot of Bt... *not all high spd* *jus forward ur ports correctly*
    3) gaming as usual dont really lag *but den if the server lag, u cant do much*
    4) net surfing experience is good
    5) 2wire 2700HG sucks but is a all in one.. nothing much you can do about it. changing to other makers not worth it imo.
    6) u probably MAY get a unsmooth sailing for the first 5weeks, due to singnet errors after tat the line is smooth sailing.

  5. #20
    Registered User lawrence_chin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence_chin
    Ah man! I used to get to speeds.. like for the first 3 months.. now it's so horrible, if I took a pic of my bt running you all will cry.. current speed 0-2kB/s!

    How? Does anyone know about the satelite broadband? Heard Bukit Timah got already, wonder if they are any good..
    Sorry, found out router was spoilt, not snbb throttling.

  6. #21
    Hardware Newbie (B.I.T.E) strike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tampenis
    Posts
    47,476
    currently using the 512kbps, should I upgrade to 1.5mbps or 3.5mbps?
    MY GAMING RIG
    l Intel 3570K |Asus Maximus Formula l Noctua NH-D14 l 16GB G-Skill 1866mhz l Intel 530 240GB & Corsair GT 120GB & 2TB WD Black l ASUS DCII GTX670 l Corsair 650D l CM silent pro gold 600watts l Aego 2.1 l Sen HD 598 l Dell U2713HM


  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence_chin
    Ah man! I used to get to speeds.. like for the first 3 months.. now it's so horrible, if I took a pic of my bt running you all will cry.. current speed 0-2kB/s!

    How? Does anyone know about the satelite broadband? Heard Bukit Timah got already, wonder if they are any good..
    u mean qmax?but the spd is only 256 / 512 kbps

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence_chin
    Sorry, found out router was spoilt, not snbb throttling.
    so how's the speed now?

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanMartin
    been using 10mbps for quite sometime le...

    1) very worth it if there is multiple PC accessing the Net
    2) can handle alot of Bt... *not all high spd* *jus forward ur ports correctly*
    3) gaming as usual dont really lag *but den if the server lag, u cant do much*
    4) net surfing experience is good
    5) 2wire 2700HG sucks but is a all in one.. nothing much you can do about it. changing to other makers not worth it imo.
    6) u probably MAY get a unsmooth sailing for the first 5weeks, due to singnet errors after tat the line is smooth sailing.
    got a question here. my tele line is quite far away from my computer, and i will need to stretch the line to connect to my modem/router, it will affect speed rite?

  10. #25
    Fragnetics.com
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    4,124
    well, to threadstarter:

    if going for 10mbps means that you have to "sign on" another 2 years, i say its not worth it. and what freebies are they giving you?

    perhaps wait for more freebies from starhub and jump ship. singnet bb is "generally" less stable than starhub. Best is if you can get a friend on mol (not the low ass plan) to bring his cable modem over to your place and test. if you can hit > 500kb/sec total, using less than 3 conections go and chiong it.

  11. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by isidore
    well, to threadstarter:

    if going for 10mbps means that you have to "sign on" another 2 years, i say its not worth it. and what freebies are they giving you?

    perhaps wait for more freebies from starhub and jump ship. singnet bb is "generally" less stable than starhub. Best is if you can get a friend on mol (not the low ass plan) to bring his cable modem over to your place and test. if you can hit > 500kb/sec total, using less than 3 conections go and chiong it.
    how can i test to see wat speed i would get ? any software to do so?

  12. #27
    Registered User lawrence_chin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by narutiment
    so how's the speed now?
    Well, I havn't gone to repair the SpeedTouch 585 router yet. Using my old SpeedTouch 570 router which doesn't have ADSL2. Torrent speed about 40-60kB/s on good torrents. SingNet ftp speedtest 6000kb/s (roughly 750kB/s i think)

    Using ADSL2 Modem. SingNet ftp speedtest 16000kb/s (2MB/s). Never test torrent.

  13. #28
    Registered User lawrence_chin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by narutiment
    got a question here. my tele line is quite far away from my computer, and i will need to stretch the line to connect to my modem/router, it will affect speed rite?
    If you mean ethernet, I don't think the length will affect much.

    If you mean wireless, then might be affected. Depends how far away and how clear the line of site is.

  14. #29
    NEET PiNgPiNg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    31,094
    Quote Originally Posted by narutiment
    got a question here. my tele line is quite far away from my computer, and i will need to stretch the line to connect to my modem/router, it will affect speed rite?
    you can tell them fix up a telephone line into ur computer room....

    as in route a line to your place... shld be FOC.... i did my twice...


    dun think peeny distance like those in the house will affect. is not even 10m..

  15. #30
    NEET PiNgPiNg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    31,094
    Quote Originally Posted by strike
    currently using the 512kbps, should I upgrade to 1.5mbps or 3.5mbps?
    3.5mbps.... the plan pricing u see.... 1.5mbps not worth

    take alook




    but the catch is 12mths more den 1.5
    Last edited by PiNgPiNg; May 30th, 06 at 08:05 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast