Singnet BBOM HuaWei E1552 keeps disconnecting

Despite that I have updated both the firmware and dash board software, it still disconnect in less than 5 mins of net surfing.

Anyone face the same issue?

I call up singtel, they say if confirm hardware faulty then replace sim card first and if problem still persist, then go to Huawei to replace dongle.
    WTF...

Have you tried it at other location ? Maybe CBD area which ususally have very good signal.

If you haven't heard already, the 257.15 Beta ForceWare driver set from NVIDIA accidently had the ability for ATI users to again use an NVIDIA card as a second to do PhysX.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchua View Post
    Have you tried it at other location ? Maybe CBD area which ususally have very good signal.
    I mean... what the coo-coo-bird do I only have to be limited to CBD area? I tot it should be MOBILE rite?
    This Singtel is too much.

It's location dependant.
    You need to determine where is it due to your location or the device itself is faulty.

If you haven't heard already, the 257.15 Beta ForceWare driver set from NVIDIA accidently had the ability for ATI users to again use an NVIDIA card as a second to do PhysX.

I tried it out on my work place lappy running window XP and it is stable, but not so with my window 7. Same location.

I am puzzled Huawei advertised it as window 7 supported and even Singtel has the cheek to post link to the device dashboard and device firmware update.
    It still doesn't help.

For now, I can only narrow down to its unstable support for 64-bit win 7. Had a friend facing the same shit

How about connecting it to a 3G router like the Zyxel or Aztech HW550
    It will be independent of the OS you use.

Quote Originally Posted by manthus View Post
    Despite that I have updated both the firmware and dash board software, it still disconnect in less than 5 mins of net surfing.

Anyone face the same issue?

I call up singtel, they say if confirm hardware faulty then replace sim card first and if problem still persist, then go to Huawei to replace dongle.
    WTF...
    hi do you mind post the link where to download this firmware and dash board? thank

Quote Originally Posted by sirchua View Post
    How about connecting it to a 3G router like the Zyxel or Aztech HW550
    It will be independent of the OS you use.
    He is right. My HuaWei E1550 and Prolink 3G router PWH2004 are good combination. OS independent.......My 2 computers sharing one connection.
    The speed depends on timing. 9pm to 11.30pm a bit slow. Less disconnecting problem also. Worth to try le.

SingTel BroadBand on Mobile
    select surf on laptop>devices
    Specs
    i5 750 @ 160fsb
    P55A UD4P
    HAVIK 140
    Superflower Golden King 1000W Platinum
    4x 2gb 1600 corsair dominator cl9
    Sapphire 5770 vapour X
    NZXT Phantom

banned list:
    lingmong(confirmed sales and back out)
    gld998(rude)
    shrek02(bid and uncontactable)
    neofik(bid and uncontactable)
    Cerato4(bid, won, lowball on meetup)

sian.. i just subscribed to their mobile package and it came together with the "HUAWEI e1552" modem too.. i am encountering the god damn same issue when i am using my 64bit Windows 7. I get disconnected in less than 1 min.. after disconnected, u can still see the 2mini computers icons on yr windows bar but u won't get anywhere as u r already not on the network.. i determine my connection by looking at the blue light from my huawei modem..

this device on Windows 7 is hopeless.. don't know why they still giving this modem.. they trying to test consumer's patience is it.. freak.. i also tried using it on my VM WindowsXP.. sometimes i can maintain the connection but sometimes i just can't get it to work.. and it is during none peak hour somemore.. i believe it is that stupid modem issue la but i don't wanna spend the extra cash to buy another modem to test.. anyway i am not going to waste anymore time on this sheit.. i will be throwing this to their helpdesk!