Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Registered User newzhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,066

    Post Inno3D start making ATi cards under Force3D brand


  2. #2
    Instigator acefuhrer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    152
    So they like the name "Force", as in GeForce, but they will use AMD/ATI chips.

    Hmmmm... is it me or this just creates confusion to graphics card newbies? WTH Inno3D? Your original name was perfectly fine.

  3. #3
    Maneating Cockroach HumsterMKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,099
    WO_OT!!

    They have their own version of Atomic edition 3870 ('A'

  4. #4
    Registered User Niceone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by acefuhrer View Post
    So they like the name "Force", as in GeForce, but they will use AMD/ATI chips.

    Hmmmm... is it me or this just creates confusion to graphics card newbies? WTH Inno3D? Your original name was perfectly fine.
    These companies want to use different names because brand effect.

    It's like PcPartner which has two brand names of it's own: Zotac for Nvidia and Sapphire for AMD.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    16
    So is it pronounced Force 3D or forced?

  6. #6
    Registered User penguin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    15,334
    this is interesting.. look at the boards!! ati red nVIDIA green

  7. #7
    Registered User riggnix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gleisdorf - Styria - Austria
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin1 View Post
    this is interesting.. look at the boards!! ati red nVIDIA green
    hehe, i like it^^

    but i thk the "force" in the name like in GeForce will be a bit confusing....

  8. #8
    Instigator acefuhrer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Niceone View Post
    These companies want to use different names because brand effect.

    It's like PcPartner which has two brand names of it's own: Zotac for Nvidia and Sapphire for AMD.
    Well duh. All I'm saying is I find it weird they are using the word "Force" for their ATI series.

  9. #9
    Abolisher of E|ektronics Lyfeforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,763
    It's named after me.
    A blade cuts both ways. So why take the risk? Stab instead.




  10. #10
    DucTien
    Guest
    Great to develop their brand ^^

  11. #11
    Registered User penguin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    15,334
    Quote Originally Posted by riggnix View Post
    hehe, i like it^^

    but i thk the "force" in the name like in GeForce will be a bit confusing....
    yea but bo bian lah.. everyone already used to Inno3D-nVIDIA

    the point should be, they shouldnt call the ATI parts FORCE3D... maybe AURORA3D or smth haaha

  12. #12
    集中精神, 闭关修行 booest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    108,442
    they have been making them on another brand..a long time liaoz
    Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
    | i5ooest:i5-4690S cooledby Kozuti | Maximus VII Impact mini-ITX | 2 x 8GB DDR3 | Extreme PRO 480Gb |
    | 1TB Veloci | MX800 | M12 II-620W | Jonsbo W1 |2707WFP (16:10) |

  13. #13
    Ogre
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,528
    Quote Originally Posted by booest View Post
    they have been making them on another brand..a long time liaoz
    connect3d
    Main : | 3570k 4.5 ghz | Gigabyte Z77 G1 Sniper 3 | Samsung 30nm 4x4gb 2133 CL 9 1.5v | Gigabyte Windforce 7950/GTX770 | HD204UI + ST31000528AS + Crucial M4 256GB | Stacker Clone | HX620 | 3007WFP-HC| Wave Pro |


  14. #14
    Registered User penguin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    15,334
    ^it neva ever made it big though