Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post G92 GeForce 9800 series rebrand as GTS 240/250

Nvidia is going to rebrand their GeForce 9 series and it will be known as GTS 240 and GTS 250. 65nm and 55nm versions will be selling together in the market.

Nvidia is planning to carry out its rebranding exercise in February 2009.
    Last edited by newzhunter; Dec 29th, 08 at 12:39 AM.

The Future Is Confusion matthewOK's Avatar
    I wish all customers could know everything about NVIDIA when buying their cards...
    If developers cannot optimize software for hardware, then we need to optimize hardware for developers.

Super Meanarator
    Its the renaming game again

wtf.. 8800GT then 9800 then renamed again?!

so they couldn't make smaller GT200 ?? or they want to save developement for GT300 ?

this renaming thing is causing confusion about the actual product performance relative to another.

aka a lot of salesmen like to smoke aunties:

8800gt < 9100gt = GOOD DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by lennardseah View Post
    this renaming thing is causing confusion about the actual product performance relative to another.

aka a lot of salesmen like to smoke aunties:

8800gt < 9100gt = GOOD DEAL
    i'm sure nvidia is betting on this. what a bunch of bullshit. haven't seen something so deliberately unethical in a long time.

This is crap... Nvidia is really screwed big time by AMD and are in a major mess... Think this will be pissing their partners off again with the boxes that they have been printing for 8800GT, then 9800GT, and now a new name...
    Apprentice Mac OS X and Windows user.

Nvidia's partners are ditching her for another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Its the renaming game again
    If you can't Convince, you confuse haha. Playing mind games with the consumers typical nvidia style and a cheaper marketing strategy.
    Asus Commando | Intel C2D E6600 w/ Zalman CNPS 9700 LED HSF | Sapphire Radeon HD4850 ToXiC edition | 2 x 2GB Corsair value rams | Creative Pro Gamer Fatal1ty X-Fi sound card | Corsair HX620 PSU | 1 x Seagate 320GB HDD, 1 x WD 500 GB HDD | CM Centurion 5 Chassis | LG 19" WS LCD Monitor | Sonic Gear Evo 5 & Plantronic Headset | Razer Diamonback | Razer Lycosa |

Quote Originally Posted by t4ROKuN- View Post
    If you can't Convince, you confuse haha. Playing mind games with the consumers typical nvidia style and a cheaper marketing strategy.
    that's very sad.

Heheh! These guys are funny. I really hope AMD's rv870 will be really really good and they teach NV another lesson!

I think then, that they will start naming their cards with mathematical equations, so nobody would know what they are buying! LOL!

Everybody wins but the consumer , this seems right .People that don't know anything about computers or very little they know basic things like my computer is made from parts by intel and nvidia , few people know about ATI and AMD so having this market and the biggest share market in mainstream and high end i think they can do antyhing they want , they could sell us 8600gt's as gtx300 and people would buy it , majority of the planet is composed of stupid people , the masses , the slaves of jobs and TV brainwashing , they can do antyhing they like and no one can stop them , just like intel and microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by ptr1aa View Post
    Everybody wins but the consumer , this seems right .People that don't know anything about computers or very little they know basic things like my computer is made from parts by intel and nvidia , few people know about ATI and AMD so having this market and the biggest share market in mainstream and high end i think they can do antyhing they want , they could sell us 8600gt's as gtx300 and people would buy it , majority of the planet is composed of stupid people , the masses , the slaves of jobs and TV brainwashing , they can do antyhing they like and no one can stop them , just like intel and microsoft.
    All thanks to the mass media, which includes review sites that takes "free candies" from the highest bidder to market their products. The consumer wins when theres real competition, however we are still entangled in this capitalistic society.
    Asus Commando | Intel C2D E6600 w/ Zalman CNPS 9700 LED HSF | Sapphire Radeon HD4850 ToXiC edition | 2 x 2GB Corsair value rams | Creative Pro Gamer Fatal1ty X-Fi sound card | Corsair HX620 PSU | 1 x Seagate 320GB HDD, 1 x WD 500 GB HDD | CM Centurion 5 Chassis | LG 19" WS LCD Monitor | Sonic Gear Evo 5 & Plantronic Headset | Razer Diamonback | Razer Lycosa |

Good news for nvidia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast