Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
VRNews www.vr-zone.com

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
AMD 2012 Desktop Roadmap Leaked VRNews Jul 26th, 11, 02:43 AM #1

Zol.com.cn has leaked a confidential roadmap summarizing AMD's 2012 desktop platforms. While AMD's Scorpius 2011 platform is yet to release fully, it will be succeeded by the Corona platform in 2012. This features the Komodo CPU, featuring up to 10 Piledriver CPU cores and Turbo 3.0. Unfortunately, Komodo will fit into a new CPU socket, with FM2 succeeding AM3+. Hudson D4 FCH, contains an upgraded southbridge with native USB 3.0 support. The northbridge is likely to be integrated into the CPU.

Read More:
AMD 2012 Desktop Roadmap Leaked

sg.png
watzup_ken
Nerd

Trade rep: 77 (100%)
watzup_ken Jul 27th, 11, 10:54 AM #2
To be honest, I am starting to have doubts about all these AMD' roadmap. So far, they have not been able to stick close to it and the chances of delays are very high. They probably have ggod chips coming up, but these delays make them very uncompetitive.
Apprentice Mac OS X and Windows user.
sg.png
ivanlyf_2011 Registered User

Trade rep: 70 (97%)
ivanlyf_2011 Jul 27th, 11, 11:16 AM #3
I agree with watzup ken

It says 2012 release but my mind is braced for 2013.... I guess everyone remembers the Bulldozer delays...I waited for it until my neck is uber long

We'll see how it goes...if they can release piledriver before I upgrade late 2012 then maybe I'll consider it
Hobbies: DIY PC Hardware, Reading, Running, Classical Music, Ballet, Opera and Jaz

Favorite Jazz Artists: Louis Armstrong, Ella Fritzgerald, Lisa Ono

Composers I listen to: JS Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Handel, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Mendelssohn, Brahms, Chopin, Ravel, Tchaikovsky, Ravel

Ballets watched: Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, La Bayadere, Coppelia, Giselle, Le Corsaire, Don Quixote, Romeo & Juliet, Cinderella, The Nutcracker, Sylvia, La fille mal gardee
sg.png
Linear Mode Linear Mode