Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
KonKorT Registered User


Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 355
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
AMD Phenom II X3 and X4 have got their names KonKorT Nov 17th, 08, 05:22 AM #1

[VR-Zone News Around The Web]

AMD Phenom II X3 and X4 have got their names

Quote:
It looks like that AMD Pheonm II X3 and X4 have their names:
At 8th January Phenom II X4 940 (4x 3,0 GHz) and 920 (4x 2,8 GHz) will launch. After that Phenom II X4 925 (4x 2,8 GHz), 910 (4x 2,6 GHz), 810 (4x 2,8 GHz), 805 (4x 2,6 GHz) and Phenom II X3 720 (4x 2,8 GHz) and 710 (2,6 GHz).

At the following link you find a good overview (table):
http://www.hardware-infos.com/news.php?news=2517

regards,
Florian


de.png
Last edited by KonKorT; Nov 17th, 08 at 07:40 AM..
Smith
Smith's Avatar
Noob


Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,602
Trade rep: 1 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Smith Nov 17th, 08, 12:31 PM #2
Wat the different between 925 and 920?


And the code number is same as I7... 920 and 940 Zzzz


If both companies 920 and 940 can match with one another, AMD has been doing very very good lol...
sg.png
konstantine
konstantine's Avatar
Registered User


Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 414
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
konstantine Nov 17th, 08, 01:00 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith View Post
Wat the different between 925 and 920?


And the code number is same as I7... 920 and 940 Zzzz


If both companies 920 and 940 can match with one another, AMD has been doing very very good lol...
According to techreport, the Opteron shanghai at 2.7 GHz is slightly faster than the 45nm harpertown Xeon at 3GHz.Still the shanghai chips do not use HT 3.0 so they don't get the the bandwidth that the phenoms will get.

I have some high expectations for the new phenoms.
ca.png
Xajel Registered User


Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 79
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Xajel Nov 17th, 08, 01:28 PM #4
920 = AM2+, 125W TDP, DDR2 only
925 = AM3/AM2+, 95W TDP, DDR3 or DDR2 depending on mobo...
bh.png
Niceone
Niceone's Avatar
Registered User


Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,451
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Niceone Nov 17th, 08, 01:49 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantine View Post
According to techreport, the Opteron shanghai at 2.7 GHz is slightly faster than the 45nm harpertown Xeon at 3GHz.Still the shanghai chips do not use HT 3.0 so they don't get the the bandwidth that the phenoms will get.

I have some high expectations for the new phenoms.
Could you care to give us link? If it's really slightly faster on non-synthetic benchmarks..then it's really promising. Though price of those Opterons are promising for performance..$990 for 2.7GHz
fi.png
konstantine
konstantine's Avatar
Registered User


Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 414
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
konstantine Nov 17th, 08, 03:04 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceone View Post
Could you care to give us link? If it's really slightly faster on non-synthetic benchmarks..then it's really promising. Though price of those Opterons are promising for performance..$990 for 2.7GHz
That's from an E-mail message i recieved from Scott Wasson, a guy @ techreport.He's preparing a review for the new Shanghai processors.
He's gonna include some desktop type benchmarks as well in this review.
So,stay tune Nicy, cuz you may get a good idea about the performance of the upcoming phenoms from this review.

don't forget that the opterons are server parts.The phenoms will definitely be priced at sub 300$...if not 250$.

According to Scott,The 2.7 GHz shanghai is, overall, slightly faster than the 3 GHz harpertown.If so than the 3 GHz phenom 940 may be able to compete against the 2.66GHz 920 core i7.
ca.png
batuchka
batuchka's Avatar
Cyber Fatcat


Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kitty Heaven
Posts: 4,860
Trade rep: 63 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
batuchka Nov 17th, 08, 03:08 PM #7
Ah then there are the realistically priced motherboards to speak of....
sg.png
Lucifiel
Lucifiel's Avatar
Registered User


Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 571
Trade rep: 6 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Lucifiel Nov 17th, 08, 03:16 PM #8
Darn it... O Fickle God of Processors, why do this to me when I'd decided on an Intel rig?
What's the price of love? What's the price of love got to do with much? All I know is what I'm told.
sg.png
Thread Tools Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode