Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
bbmf
Carnage

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Myspace Hack spreading like wildfire: SPAIRLKAIFS bbmf Jul 17th, 06, 11:50 AM #1

Well, well. Somebody has managed to hack Myspace.com with a flash based redirect that exploits what is apparently a gaping wide hole in the Myspace code. If you are signed into Myspace, and you go to a friends page, and then find yourself redirected to a blog post containing a diatribe about how the United States government is behind the 9/11 attacks, then your account has been hacked, and everyone who visits your page will be infected!! Yes, it's true, at least for now - everybody who visits an infected profile while signed into their Myspace account will have their page hijacked!
The solution is rather simple: Go to your home page, and click on edit profile, remove the line below (and only the line below) from your About Me section: (I added some "f's" to the code so it won't work here)

fembed ffallowscriptaccess="fnever" src=
"fhttp://i105.photobucket.com
/albums/mff225/yrkblack/redirecft.swf"
BY SPAIRLKAIFS

It's possible that the line above will be the only line you see - in that case, remove it all, and be sad if you had a custom template installed, because chances are you will have to re-install it.

sa: http://chaseandsam.com/

us.png
[S8NIST] Registered User

Trade rep: 12 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
[S8NIST] Jul 17th, 06, 09:46 PM #2
probably some skrpt kdy mukin about , i dislike myspace

Intel E6600 @ 2.5ghz |ABIT AW9D MAX |4GB Kingston DDR2 (800mhz) |Leadtech 7900GTX (512mb) | 2x DVD-RW, 1x CD-R |2x 320GB Seagate Barracuda's , 2x 160GB Maxtor DiamondMax 11 |FSP Epsilon 700w | 2x Dell 19" Ultrasharp | CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000 |Microsoft Vista Ultimate, Microsoft XP Pro|

Intel Pentium D 830 @ 3.2ghz | ASUS P5LD2-Deluxe | 2GB Kingston DDR2 (800mhz) | EVGA GeForce 8600 GT (256MB) | 1x DVD-RW |4x 250GB Seagate Barracuda's| FSP Epsilon 600w |1x Dell 19" Ultrasharp |CoolerMaster Stacker 810 (Silver) |Microsoft Server 2003, Fedora Core 8,Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.5|
sg.png
Linear Mode Linear Mode