Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
phantomsri
phantomsri's Avatar
live free, die hard


Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: singapore
Posts: 758
Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Post
IT Fair 2010 (Good,bad and ugly) phantomsri May 28th, 10, 09:06 PM #1

reserved


previous posts
http://forums.vr-zone.com/it-show-20...ointments.html
http://forums.vr-zone.com/it-show-20...-bad-ugly.html


CPU:E6600
Mainboard:Asus P5Q deluxe
Memory:2GX2 Balistix Cruser Tracers DDR800
HDD:160G 80G, external 200G.
Optical:TDK DVDRW,TDK Combo
Case:Thermaltake Armor +
Power Supply:Antec trio 650W
Display:msi 4850
Monitor: LG 32Plasma TV and Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW
Input Devices:G15,G5,wacom

currently using 24 "Imac
sg.png
wsohplvr
wsohplvr's Avatar
Registered User


Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 4,607
Trade rep: 106 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
wsohplvr Jun 7th, 10, 09:45 AM #2
I thought June Holiday IT show is at EXPO? now at Suntec? next time maybe at Marina Bay Sand
sg.png
Last edited by wsohplvr; Jun 7th, 10 at 09:48 AM..
phantomsri
phantomsri's Avatar
live free, die hard


Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: singapore
Posts: 758
Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Post
phantomsri Jun 7th, 10, 06:30 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsohplvr View Post
I thought June Holiday IT show is at EXPO? now at Suntec? next time maybe at Marina Bay Sand
maybe...
CPU:E6600
Mainboard:Asus P5Q deluxe
Memory:2GX2 Balistix Cruser Tracers DDR800
HDD:160G 80G, external 200G.
Optical:TDK DVDRW,TDK Combo
Case:Thermaltake Armor +
Power Supply:Antec trio 650W
Display:msi 4850
Monitor: LG 32Plasma TV and Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW
Input Devices:G15,G5,wacom

currently using 24 "Imac
sg.png
etegration
etegration's Avatar
www.itcow.com


Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,048
Trade rep: 13 (93%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
etegration Jun 8th, 10, 10:23 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsohplvr View Post
I thought June Holiday IT show is at EXPO? now at Suntec? next time maybe at Marina Bay Sand
expo damn put off location....
IT Articles for you and me - http://www.itcow.com
Gallery - http://*******/5qHTMu | Pano Gallery - http://360.itcow.com

[/size]
sg.png
Thanks to etegration for this useful post! Jun 8th, 10, from Mozaat
khaos83_2000 Registered User


Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,999
Trade rep: 4 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
khaos83_2000 Jun 8th, 10, 01:29 PM #5
Suntec location is very bad for crowd movement.
Human jam all the way from city hall mrt to suntec.

I hope the organizers will consider other places next time.
sg.png
phantomsri
phantomsri's Avatar
live free, die hard


Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: singapore
Posts: 758
Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Post
phantomsri Jun 8th, 10, 01:32 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaos83_2000 View Post
Suntec location is very bad for crowd movement.
Human jam all the way from city hall mrt to suntec.

I hope the organizers will consider other places next time.
ya, always jammed with people, half of them dont buy anything. The worst part i dont like they bring stroller and make big more congestion. in my opinion this is not right place for kids.
CPU:E6600
Mainboard:Asus P5Q deluxe
Memory:2GX2 Balistix Cruser Tracers DDR800
HDD:160G 80G, external 200G.
Optical:TDK DVDRW,TDK Combo
Case:Thermaltake Armor +
Power Supply:Antec trio 650W
Display:msi 4850
Monitor: LG 32Plasma TV and Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW
Input Devices:G15,G5,wacom

currently using 24 "Imac
sg.png
JaclestTang Registered User


Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
JaclestTang Jun 9th, 10, 11:48 AM #7
The key consideration whether to go to the fair!!! The human traffic is really damn bad. Jam starts once out of City Hall stn despite the key consideration i will still go!! hahaa.. cant resist the temptation thou. Anyway did my planning, could take MRT to Esplanade stn, Exit A!!! Guess it will not be as crowded as City Hall stn, furthermore its nearer to suntec too.. lesser walk... the jam at citylink mall kinda scary too haaa
sg.png
phantomsri
phantomsri's Avatar
live free, die hard


Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: singapore
Posts: 758
Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Post
phantomsri Jun 11th, 10, 12:51 PM #8
wa, this year so good fair huh, not bad since no bad comments
CPU:E6600
Mainboard:Asus P5Q deluxe
Memory:2GX2 Balistix Cruser Tracers DDR800
HDD:160G 80G, external 200G.
Optical:TDK DVDRW,TDK Combo
Case:Thermaltake Armor +
Power Supply:Antec trio 650W
Display:msi 4850
Monitor: LG 32Plasma TV and Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW
Input Devices:G15,G5,wacom

currently using 24 "Imac
sg.png
mirAcles Hydra Distribution


Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,832
Trade rep: 158 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
mirAcles Jun 11th, 10, 12:54 PM #9
why got pple sell flu juice? walk until thirsty then can stop and drink?
sg.png
koohansen
koohansen's Avatar
Homo sapiens


Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Milkyway Galaxy
Posts: 11,928
Trade rep: 14 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
koohansen Jun 11th, 10, 02:23 PM #10
Esplanade Station > Suntec. Nearest! No need pass by city link
Intel Core i7 2600k | ASUS Z68V Pro | ASUS GTX460 TOP 1GB DDR5 | 16GB Kingston DDR III 1333 | DELL 24" 2407-HC | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB x 2 RAID 0 + WD Black 1TB + WD AVGP 2TB | LG 22x DVD Writer | Cooler Master CM690 | Aerocool 650W Modular | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music | Logitech Z906 5.1 THX
jp.png
gadenp
gadenp's Avatar
Mini Maggies Rock


Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pasir Ris
Posts: 3,627
Trade rep: 43 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
gadenp Jun 11th, 10, 07:48 PM #11
This IT Fair, got one huge BAD,
Took leave today to go get a media player, in the end bought a Astone AP-110D and a Astone 2TB ext HDD.

After trip home via MRT to Pasir Ris. I plugged in the unit to find it was dead on arrival.

Now weekend ruined, considering going down to Suntec (a 2hours journey) to RMA, as the Astone support does not open on Sat.

I seriously think that it shows bad QC control, that a "brand new" product cannot even on. I wrote them an email, now how they respond will be a very good gauge on how they value their reputation and respectability.

Being this is Singapore, most likely get email only on Monday or Tuesday, say come down we test, got problem see got stock then change. That will kill any reputation Astone has with me.

I even bought one for my friend. After I found my unit to be defective, I tested his. His is workingl, but I super scared it will crash and burn anytime. That will be darn bad, as I suggested Astone to him.... freak really bad experience in IT Fair.
sg.png
Last edited by gadenp; Jun 11th, 10 at 07:52 PM..
Yzuke_ZHNG
Yzuke_ZHNG's Avatar
Yzuke


Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Teck Whye
Posts: 2,781
Trade rep: 63 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Yzuke_ZHNG Jun 12th, 10, 12:54 AM #12
Since Good, Ugly, Bad. I'm going to rant about the bad.

I'm a promoter for this show. Just came back from work. Posted my name up here on vrforum so that people can contact me if they are interested to look at the laptops I am selling. I promised to give the best deal I have.

So I was initially quite happy that this guy came and contact me. He met me at the pc show. I told him the price for the laptop, which is already a discounted price and I threw in all the freebies I had. The fact that I'm going to get no commission or very low commission. What he did? He thinks that the discounted price is not good enough. I was fed up with him and did not want to take up the business.

Seems like when I want to do a favor for someone, always kena taken advantage. Nvm in the end he can't get good deal also. Since I won't be working for the last 2 days.
sg.png
lwtmacau
lwtmacau's Avatar
Registered User


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Post
lwtmacau Jun 12th, 10, 12:52 PM #13
Disappointments

in March Pc fairs more better ... Better -Extra offer..

Price are almost same outside (Sim Lim . Funan)
sg.png
phantomsri
phantomsri's Avatar
live free, die hard


Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: singapore
Posts: 758
Trade rep: 13 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Thanked 1 Times in 1 Post
phantomsri Jun 12th, 10, 10:56 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadenp View Post
This IT Fair, got one huge BAD,
Took leave today to go get a media player, in the end bought a Astone AP-110D and a Astone 2TB ext HDD.

After trip home via MRT to Pasir Ris. I plugged in the unit to find it was dead on arrival.

Now weekend ruined, considering going down to Suntec (a 2hours journey) to RMA, as the Astone support does not open on Sat.

I seriously think that it shows bad QC control, that a "brand new" product cannot even on. I wrote them an email, now how they respond will be a very good gauge on how they value their reputation and respectability.

Being this is Singapore, most likely get email only on Monday or Tuesday, say come down we test, got problem see got stock then change. That will kill any reputation Astone has with me.

I even bought one for my friend. After I found my unit to be defective, I tested his. His is workingl, but I super scared it will crash and burn anytime. That will be darn bad, as I suggested Astone to him.... freak really bad experience in IT Fair.
Looks like this is becoming a very common problem in IT fair. Must suggest the organizer to have a testing corner before leaving.
CPU:E6600
Mainboard:Asus P5Q deluxe
Memory:2GX2 Balistix Cruser Tracers DDR800
HDD:160G 80G, external 200G.
Optical:TDK DVDRW,TDK Combo
Case:Thermaltake Armor +
Power Supply:Antec trio 650W
Display:msi 4850
Monitor: LG 32Plasma TV and Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW
Input Devices:G15,G5,wacom

currently using 24 "Imac
sg.png
wdEvA Newbie Overclocker


Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 6,570
Trade rep: 37 (97%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
wdEvA Jun 12th, 10, 11:07 PM #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzuke_ZHNG View Post
Since Good, Ugly, Bad. I'm going to rant about the bad.

I'm a promoter for this show. Just came back from work. Posted my name up here on vrforum so that people can contact me if they are interested to look at the laptops I am selling. I promised to give the best deal I have.

So I was initially quite happy that this guy came and contact me. He met me at the pc show. I told him the price for the laptop, which is already a discounted price and I threw in all the freebies I had. The fact that I'm going to get no commission or very low commission. What he did? He thinks that the discounted price is not good enough. I was fed up with him and did not want to take up the business.

Seems like when I want to do a favor for someone, always kena taken advantage. Nvm in the end he can't get good deal also. Since I won't be working for the last 2 days.
is this the first time you are selling?
if u arn't the best deal around, people won't get from you, especially ppl from VR who know their stuffs and prices.

nth to get disappointed about. thats life for sales..

CPU: Intel Core I5 4670
Mobo: MSI H87I
Graphics: Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme 1GB GDDR5
Memory: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866MHz
[B]Boot Drive:[B] Crucial M500 240GB
Storage: 2x 1TB Samsung F3 32mb, 2x 1TB Western Digital Green, Seagate 250GB
Display: 2x Dell 2407WFP-HC, Spyder3Elite v4.0
Audio: Sennhesier HD600, Zero+ DAC, Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 550, Creative DDTS-100
PSU: Acbel i-Power 550w GOLD
Casing: Fractal Node 304
Router: DLINK DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router
IO: Logitech G15 + Logitech MX518
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
phantomsri IT SHOW 99 Jun 7th, 10
10:52 AM
&d00 Networking & Broadband 335 Mar 23rd, 08
02:20 PM
Thread Tools Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode