Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
devilsheaven77 Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 157
Trade rep: 3 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Quick query on ssd install... devilsheaven77 Feb 24th, 12, 04:43 PM #1

Sorry for this uber noobishness, but i have always been using just one hdd. Since installing a 120gb ssd, it seems its not enough. So the question here is, if i were to install another SSD, what would i have to do? Is it just plug-reformat-use?




sg.png
Keon.SG
Keon.SG's Avatar
Alphacool Fanboy


Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hougang
Posts: 5,230
Trade rep: 49 (98%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
Keon.SG Feb 24th, 12, 04:51 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsheaven77 View Post
Sorry for this uber noobishness, but i have always been using just one hdd. Since installing a 120gb ssd, it seems its not enough. So the question here is, if i were to install another SSD, what would i have to do? Is it just plug-reformat-use?

yes, just do how you would with a normal HDD.
sg.png
devilsheaven77 Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 157
Trade rep: 3 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
devilsheaven77 Feb 24th, 12, 05:39 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keon.SG View Post
yes, just do how you would with a normal HDD.
Ah...

So I basically don't have to install some sort of windows thingy updates to make it work? So no need for raids and that...?
sg.png
tUx
tUx's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 29,205
Trade rep: 186 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
tUx Feb 24th, 12, 05:42 PM #4
Just plug in and boot the system. Windows will detect the drive, then just go ahead to create partition and format. No need to install any drivers, updates, etc.

Remember to check Quick Format, don't do a full format on SSDs.
sg.png
devilsheaven77 Registered User


Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 157
Trade rep: 3 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
devilsheaven77 Feb 24th, 12, 06:04 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tUx View Post
Just plug in and boot the system. Windows will detect the drive, then just go ahead to create partition and format. No need to install any drivers, updates, etc.

Remember to check Quick Format, don't do a full format on SSDs.
Danke all...
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads
Similar Threads Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
newsense Troubleshooting Zone/Technical Enquiries 0 Feb 10th, 11
01:56 PM
jezzmatezz Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac Corner 0 Dec 10th, 09
05:44 PM
blurblockxiang Notebooks/Netbooks Garage 52 Nov 3rd, 08
01:02 PM
ipporek Ultrabooks, 2-in-1, & Laptops 53 Dec 30th, 07
05:39 PM
Thread Tools Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode