Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
weib
Siao unker.

Trade rep: 46 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
weib Mar 4th, 10, 12:18 AM #31

how much risk are you going to have with contracting a mobile plan?
Its not exactly hedging your mortgage you know lol
sg.png
shard Senior Member

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
shard Mar 4th, 10, 12:27 PM #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by quochung149 View Post
I am doing a research now. Can anyone tell me what is M1 current issues about market share, impacts on future earning and tax rebates passed on to tenants?
I was tasked to write a very similar report years ago by M1.

Basically M1 is the smallest player when it comes to telcos in Singapore, they are mainly a mobile company, with no landlines, no TV and no internet infrastructure. That will change in the future as they are starting to build their physical infrastructure to support land lines, internet and maybe TV.

Their existing internet offering is basically using Starhub's (if I am not wrong). In that aspect they are reliant on a competitor and whatever profit they make is capped because they will have to pay Starhub.

The fact that they lack a TV service is a major disadvantage because the other 2 telcos (SingTel and Starhub) can bundle their services together to make a more attractive package. Single bill, single rewards program, TV, landline phone, mobile and internet all in one package makes alot of sense to consumers. They will lose customers slowly.

Ultimately, M1 needs to even the playing field or it will slowly lose its customers. To do this, they must look to new and emerging trends, by adopting and being the first to introduce new products and services, they can hopefully gain more subscribers. For example, WiMax. The iPhone was a major lost opportunity to gain a big chunk of customers.

I won't go into the whole prepaid vs postpaid market and how they compare when it comes to targeting the FT market which is ALOT of money.

At the end of the day, the key is to reduce churn, keep existing customers while gaining new ones.
mo.png
OKK77

Trade rep: 11 (100%)
OKK77 Mar 5th, 10, 02:49 PM #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shard View Post
I was tasked to write a very similar report years ago by M1.

Basically M1 is the smallest player when it comes to telcos in Singapore, they are mainly a mobile company, with no landlines, no TV and no internet infrastructure. That will change in the future as they are starting to build their physical infrastructure to support land lines, internet and maybe TV.

Their existing internet offering is basically using Starhub's (if I am not wrong). In that aspect they are reliant on a competitor and whatever profit they make is capped because they will have to pay Starhub.

The fact that they lack a TV service is a major disadvantage because the other 2 telcos (SingTel and Starhub) can bundle their services together to make a more attractive package. Single bill, single rewards program, TV, landline phone, mobile and internet all in one package makes alot of sense to consumers. They will lose customers slowly.

Ultimately, M1 needs to even the playing field or it will slowly lose its customers. To do this, they must look to new and emerging trends, by adopting and being the first to introduce new products and services, they can hopefully gain more subscribers. For example, WiMax. The iPhone was a major lost opportunity to gain a big chunk of customers.

I won't go into the whole prepaid vs postpaid market and how they compare when it comes to targeting the FT market which is ALOT of money.

At the end of the day, the key is to reduce churn, keep existing customers while gaining new ones.
I'm impressed you have the patience to spoonfeed a lazy boy. Haha.
ap.png
|ce
豆花妹

Trade rep: 148 (100%)
|ce Mar 5th, 10, 02:52 PM #34
M1 for me coz M1 is having the 100M Cable at only $64.90 and I am currently paying Starhub $126 for my 100M connection ...

Yea M1 donch have cable TV but they have Mobile HotSpot
Razer Destructor Black, Samsung T260HD, AE Aego M 2.1 White, Samsung GT-C3530 Black, Sony Playstation 3 Lightning Version 2, SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Limited Edition Mouse, Turtle Beach Earforce PX5, Samsung 32" 5 Series Slim LED TV, Fiio E12 Black, Fiio X3, Shure Limited Blue SE215, Edifier S730, Adidas Adizero F50 Runner, Adipure Trainer 1.1 Yellow, Polygon Heist 3.0 Hybrid, Ducky Shine3 Pink Red Switch, Nokia 515 White, Samsung Tab 7.0 Lite, Fiio X5, Hwawei Mobile Wifi E5776, Oppo Find 7 White, Samsung K Zoom White,

Blacklist : audiohubSG 81976118
sg.png
Mateusz
안녕하세요 만나서반갑습니다! !

Trade rep: 12 (100%)
Mateusz Mar 5th, 10, 03:01 PM #35
Yap, M1 uses Singtel lines for DSL and Starhub's for cable. But they are currently in the progress of constructing their own fibre optics.

Ironically, my connection is better with M1 (not to mention a heck lot cheaper, $46 for 15mbps anyone? 6months contract too), than when i was with Singtel.

The prob with big telcos i feel is they think they can monopolise and make consumers follow them (Singtel 1gb BIS anyone?), they get arrogant, end of the day their service also become so bad, but they don't care cos they know majority of ppl are with them. Singtel CS is getting from bad to worse...

Not sure about the old M1 (cos i heard lotsa complains last time), but the 'new M1' under the new CEO is quite good. That day my net got a slight problem, disconnected and cant reconnect. Called them and they offered to send down a technician FOC the very next day. Never have I seen Singtel do that
sg.png
shard Senior Member

Trade rep: 1 (100%)
shard Mar 5th, 10, 11:02 PM #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKK77 View Post
I'm impressed you have the patience to spoonfeed a lazy boy. Haha.
Haha, my original report years ago to M1's then CEO was 1000+ pages thick and took 3 full months to write, of course it was fully referenced and cost alot in money spent on research and reports:p

It took me like 5 minutes to type out what I remembered off the top of my head, no big deal.

Besides, I was in his position once and I really wished I had someone who could have helped me back then.
mo.png
lzr84

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
lzr84 Mar 6th, 10, 08:05 PM #37
i going to jump my family lines to M1 but my sister told me her friends complaining that M1 always got billing problem...
and told us to go Starhub better.. but M1 got this multi-saver plan which can have 25% -35% discount..

i wonder M1 billing problem really that bad?? or just my sister's friends unlucky??
sg.png
badsector Registered User

Trade rep: 4 (83%)
badsector Mar 6th, 10, 09:16 PM #38
i notice complains for billing problem happens all the time for the 3 telco. especially sign up during IT shows..
CS wise, all 3 perform badly. just make it a habit. record all calls to CS, note down the employee ID/Name. you be safe.

i prefer singtel or m1 for mobiles. starhub coverage not tat good for me, i recall having totally no signal in some building(company not shopping mall). signal resume once u step outside

broadband mobile wise none in SG perform well imo.
sg.png
Mateusz
안녕하세요 만나서반갑습니다! !

Trade rep: 12 (100%)
Mateusz Mar 6th, 10, 09:30 PM #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzr84 View Post
i going to jump my family lines to M1 but my sister told me her friends complaining that M1 always got billing problem...
and told us to go Starhub better.. but M1 got this multi-saver plan which can have 25% -35% discount..

i wonder M1 billing problem really that bad?? or just my sister's friends unlucky??
SH also got multi line saver plans... just diff rates...
sg.png
czheyuan Registered User

czheyuan Mar 7th, 10, 12:37 PM #40
Quote:

Billing problems could be when under the "old-M1" system whereby they use per minute billing. But M1 has since changed to per second billing. In fact, M1 bill totally changed format few mths back. It's very clear and concise liao..

Yup M1 has this multi-line saver discounts. Best of all, applies to mobile broadband and supplementary plans too. I'm enjoying 35% for all my lines

Starhub do have their own multi-saver prog launched recently. BUT only allows max 1 re-contract per grp. means you can re-contract for only 1 line nia. And mobile broadband + supp plans do not qualify... It's also capped at a max 30%...
sg.png
F@|c0n Registered User

Trade rep: 64 (100%)
F@|c0n Mar 7th, 10, 02:16 PM #41
i had no probs at all with m1... with them for about nearly 10 years...
maybe i am just 1 of the lucky ones..

using 3 lines with them and enjoy the discount.. going to m1 broadband this june aug period...

i am paying 67 bucks for singnet 10mbps, m1 100mbps is also at 64 bucks.. zzzz
sg.png
lzr84

lzr84 Mar 7th, 10, 08:10 PM #42
Quote:
Originally Posted by czheyuan View Post
Billing problems could be when under the "old-M1" system whereby they use per minute billing. But M1 has since changed to per second billing. In fact, M1 bill totally changed format few mths back. It's very clear and concise liao..

Yup M1 has this multi-line saver discounts. Best of all, applies to mobile broadband and supplementary plans too. I'm enjoying 35% for all my lines

Starhub do have their own multi-saver prog launched recently. BUT only allows max 1 re-contract per grp. means you can re-contract for only 1 line nia. And mobile broadband + supp plans do not qualify... It's also capped at a max 30%...

wah u also down here sia.... i heard people said starhub family plan not bad... but i do not know much about it.. meant if i sign up family plan.. only one line can save money.. the add on lines cannot save it??

or all under one address save 30% bill?
sg.png
czheyuan Registered User

czheyuan Mar 8th, 10, 12:26 AM #43
Quote:
wah u also down here sia.... i heard people said starhub family plan not bad... but i do not know much about it.. meant if i sign up family plan.. only one line can save money.. the add on lines cannot save it??

or all under one address save 30% bill?
Hmm Starhub has no family plan ar. I think you mean Hub Club? For that, you need to subscribe to all Starhub services then can. means must have cable tv, maxonline and mobile then can have discounts lo... Yup all under one billing address only.. Max 30% for 4 lines...

Whereas for M1 is quite different. No need subscribe any extra services. Mobile or mobile broadband lines can liao.. Can be under different billing addresses but must be under one NRIC.. Max 35% discount for 5 main lines...
sg.png
JayFSG Registered User

JayFSG Mar 14th, 10, 11:06 AM #44
I'm leaning towards Singtel now due to their better handset prices. Initially I was thinking of going with M1, however, the handset prices are like $100+ more than Singtel...
sg.png
Bendahara

Bendahara Mar 14th, 10, 11:40 AM #45
All failed big time in customer retention. If they can retain their clients, they would have a much bigger pie then the rest.

Rinoa *love*

The Shadow MP
http://theextramp.blogspot.com/

再给我两分钟,让我把记忆结成冰
别融化了眼泪,你妆都花了要我怎么记得

当世界都遗忘我的时候,你的一切
对我来说,紧握拥有
sg.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads