Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
ron264 Registered User

Trade rep: 0 (0%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
iPhone 3G 3.0 Software update doesn't recognise SIM card? ron264 Aug 19th, 09, 08:04 AM #1

I've just updated my iPhone 3G to the 3.0 software and it won't recognize my SIM card.
It says The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported store to receive a replacement SIM card.

Now when I plug in my iPhone, the only thing on its screen is the iTunes logo and the USB, indicating I should connect my iPhone to iTunes, and the slider for emergency calls. When I do plug it in, I get the message above.
My iPhone worked fine before I updated, I had no PIN lock on it, so it worked fine with my carrier. What can I do?

Many thanks in advance.

ca.png
dratsab Registered User

Trade rep: 5 (100%)
Infractions: 0/0 (0)
dratsab Aug 22nd, 09, 10:41 PM #2
You have to JB the phone using redsnow than use ultrasnow to unlock the phone as you lose the settings when reverting to a non JB firmware. ALternatively , if you have the original carrier's supported sim you can just JB and it will be unlocked
Seasonic 80+ 620W PSU
Core I5 3570K
Asrock Extreme 4
16gb ripjaws x ddd3
leadtek 560ti
Corsair force 3 60b * 2 in Raid 0
au.png
New Thread | ↑↓ Similar Threads