Switch to Linear ModeSwitch to Hybrid ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode
Printer Friendly View | Email this page | Register Now to start posting!
Metaphore Guest

Trade rep: (%)
Infractions: / ()
Tool vor Core 2 Duo Pinmod Metaphore Sep 23rd, 07, 05:12 AM #1

Hi,

I consider to mod my e4400 in the near future. Therefore i made a small tool (in excel) that shows the needed modification for a desired VCore depending on your default VCore and VID-Configuration.

(Refer to the vr-zone.com/articles/Intel_Core_2_Duo_Voltage_Boost/3904-4.html"]Core2Duo Voltage Boost Guide)

Some of you may have a look to validate if it works correct? I need a validation please...
Please get the xls File on my webspace: pc.virginonline.de/files/C2D%20VMod%20Calculator.xls

This tool may be useful for those who have another default vid-config then the usual one (1.35V).

Thanks!

PS: I'm sorry for not using the url-tag, but apparantly I'm not allowed to post url at the moment (need 10 posts.. but prefered to not spam in the past)

de.png
adarkar Guest

adarkar Oct 23rd, 07, 10:36 AM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphore View Post
Hi,

I consider to mod my e4400 in the near future. Therefore i made a small tool (in excel) that shows the needed modification for a desired VCore depending on your default VCore and VID-Configuration.

(Refer to the vr-zone.com/articles/Intel_Core_2_Duo_Voltage_Boost/3904-4.html"]Core2Duo Voltage Boost Guide)

Some of you may have a look to validate if it works correct? I need a validation please...
Please get the xls File on my webspace: pc.virginonline.de/files/C2D%20VMod%20Calculator.xls

This tool may be useful for those who have another default vid-config then the usual one (1.35V).

Thanks!

PS: I'm sorry for not using the url-tag, but apparantly I'm not allowed to post url at the moment (need 10 posts.. but prefered to not spam in the past)
I'll test a couple of volt mods

My VID (according to CPUz and Core Temp 0.95 latest beta) is 1.2625V under Full load, and 1.0125V at Idle.

cpu: e2140 , L2 stepping
it.png
adarkar Guest

great tool! adarkar Oct 24th, 07, 09:48 AM #3
Hi, I've done a few volt mods to test the tool you provided.

I think it works well, judging by the results:
  1. Intel e2140 @2667MHz: VID 1.2625V ** mod 1.3625V ** real Vcore (by cpu-z 1.41) = 1.30V to 1.32V (Orthos running on Asrock Conroe1333-D667 mobo)
  2. Intel 4400 @2670MHz: VID 1.325V ** mod 1.4V ** real Vcore (by cpu-z 1.41) = 1.35V to 1.37V (Orthos running on Asrock 4core1333-eSata2)

Thanks for the tool, it's really useful!!!
it.png
Bdubslawman Guest

Bdubslawman Oct 24th, 07, 11:49 PM #4
Hello, logged in so I could say both thank you and ask a couple of questions.

OOPS figured out that I had the wrong voltage (1.325 in the chart not 1.35V) figured it out eventually. Thanks again.
May have just rescued me from a disappointing build. :-)
us.png
Last edited by Bdubslawman; Oct 25th, 07 at 12:30 AM..
adarkar Guest

adarkar Oct 25th, 07, 09:01 AM #5

Well done.

Should this thread become a "sticky" one?

It's a very useful tool!
it.png
suicidal_orange Guest

suicidal_orange Nov 11th, 07, 09:01 PM #6
I've signed up just to say thanks!

This will be very useful as speedstep in Linux doesn't lower vcore if you change it in bios. (Adding keywords for others searching for this )

And another vote for a sticky - this is too useful to be lost
gb.png
thebluemeaner Guest

thebluemeaner Jun 21st, 08, 08:19 AM #7
Sticky material thanks A LOT.
sv.png
↑↓ Linkbacks

Linear Mode Linear Mode